I know, I know, if I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times: you get what you pay for. That said, I'm curious what experiences people have had with low-spec colocation in the $30/month range. Two I noticed in this price range (both in Canada) are istop and tera-byte, who offer colo for up to a 4U, and 5GB of transfer, for $30-$35 USD, with extra transfer in the $2-3 USD range. I've heard some good things about tera-byte, and been pleased with their responses to my questions, but not a thing about istop. Anyone know of any other providers who offer similar specs at similar prices?

Seems like a really uncompetetive market sector, since you can generally do better with a low-end dedicated, a VPS, or even shared hosting for the same price. I can see where it has it's attractions, but... I wonder what colo rates are like in, say, eastern europe. I also wonder if anyone would willingly colo in, say, Prague, or Kiev, if they had the choice... though Prague apparently has a big Level3 presence now. Hmmn...