Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: serveroutsource

Does anyone have any additional information about the mess, by any chance? And has anyone alerted those servers NOT on Cogent and let them know they may be next?
      0 Not allowed!

I think at this point everyone is down. MIANET 1 & 2 (that's Aleron and Wiltel/glbx/etc) went down at the same time today, even tho they weren't on the same router (TTBOMK). If someone pulled the plug, it was a big plug.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by CirKit
    I think at this point everyone is down.
    Wow...I don't know how many servers were operating out of there, but I'm guessing there are a whole bunch of unhappy people right about now.
      0 Not allowed!

Upset customers? Let us talk loss of revenue… ok I am losing more per day than the server costs per month…. David do you have any self-respect? Come on man if I shut your company down how would you feel about me?

Exactly your not on my Christmas list *shrug* sorry……………..
      0 Not allowed!

* Chargeback forever!

Chargeback!
    Maybe this magic word can help us.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Chargeback forever!

Originally posted by 6310
    Chargeback!
    Maybe this magic word can help us.

I am sorry do you have a problem with expecting to get what you paid for.

Come on look 72 hour’s with no response from the company other than his employee quitting publicly…

I am sorry if I am coming off harsh but let us look at the facts if I stole money from you would you want retribution??

… Sorry this is no longer the Wild Wild West but stealing a horse is still stealing a horse right?
      0 Not allowed!

Everyone should just do a charge back for the last 6 months - free money!!
      0 Not allowed!

Unfortunately David in USA.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by 6310
    Unfortunately David in USA.
    What's that got to do with anything
      0 Not allowed!

Certainly, we're all upset, but I'm more concerned about the future than the past. As someone with a couple of business sites and a bunch of hobbiest sites, can anyone make a recommendation of a company with reasonable pricing and the possibility of staying in business for more than a couple of months?

I'm not looking for company replies, I'm looking for satisfied customers to recommend a company that isn't going to drop over dead like this one did.
      0 Not allowed!

David is out of my reach...
      0 Not allowed!

any idea what's happening, my servers are with altone

server ips start with 207.142
      0 Not allowed!

It appears that SOS has pulled the plug on all servers. It also appears that they have shut down and have basically, disappeared. I am currently working w/ one of their clients, transferring sites, etc.

I wish all of their clients the best of luck. w/ this terrible situation.
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by lofcom
    can anyone make a recommendation of a company with reasonable pricing and the possibility of staying in business for more than a couple of months?
    http://www.ev1servers.net and http://www.servermatrix.com they have been on the market for a while.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Stormhosts
    How did I log in as ssmmdd????? Who is that? I posted that above.

I need access to these servers. I have very important data on these. WHAT IS HAPPENING?
    Matthew: perhaps you should have read AND answered to both mails & PM I sent you four months ago... Do you you remember ? I asked you about David business practices because my lawyer was working on a case against this company. Instead of forwarding this mail to David, all who received it should have moved their servers out of ServerOutsource and David. Now it's too late.

I should get my money back on Dec 15. I hope David is not trying to rip me off again.
    I sell nothing, I only buy
      0 Not allowed!

What a wanker.

Just my opinion in all of this. I'm not even a customer but to see this happen makes me rather annoyed.

Sometimes if you make an attempt at a business and it fails, it's not a big deal. It happens everyday to many different people. It may be a little embarrassing for some, but it's really okay and not the end of the world. Failing at a business is part of life.

What's not okay, is doing it like this. I would see absolutely *NO* reason why you couldn't mass notice your customers that you are in a really bad situation with the business and will be closing the doors in 48-72 hours. To just simply one day unplug everything and not provide your customers time to move their data is absolutely ridiculous. Many of you individuals I'm sure, have your hosting business as your sole income, providing you and your family with clothes, shelter, food etc. Taking an action as blatantly damaging as this with total disregard for your customers and their businesses is purely disgusting. Hosting companies who experience consistent downtime can be ruined. Keeping in mind, that the server owners are the ones affected the most, but each of you most likely has hundreds of customers who also have been impacted.

David, take a second to think about how many thousands of people you have affected with your ignorant actions and the way you chose to close your business. I can’t imagine someone with such morals.

Just my opinion though.
      0 Not allowed!

rvrsl, exactly.

He should have given us a warning. This is just immoral.

To those saying I should get a 6-month chargeback, what should I tell my credit card company to get the money?
      0 Not allowed!

Angry

I, as everyone else here am having the same problem.... However I was charged twice my normal server charges and was not giving an invoice. Since there is no other way of contacting you I'd liek to inform you that I want my money returned NOW or I will be contacting the bank and doing a chargeback since I am now paying TWICE for a service I DO NOT HAVE!
    Just to further clarify things I'd like to say that I'm sure me and everyone else here would have stuck with your company if you had at least said something about whats going on....

Lastly, the data on my server is MY property... Get the network online so me and everyone else can get out data off our machines... I don't care if theres a 56kbps speed limit! JUST DO IT!

You just lost yourself 2 servers and a longtime customer... Thanks for basicly destroying my website btw too. No one is gonna come back.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, you most likely will not get a 6 month chargeback. I don't know who told you that but you would probably only get the last 1 month of service. He has provided you service for the last 6 months so you can't chargeback on service you have recieved.

Now, if he was taken to small claims court (you don't need a lawyer), this is a different story. You could get a fairly decent settlement for damages to your business. You would simply have to show how he closed his business and how it affected your company/business in the present and in the future.

For example, if you lost say 20 customers from this and your average span of a customer staying with you is 6 months, your average ticket price for hosting is $8, the damages is ($8.00 x 20)x 6 = $960.00. That's just customer revenue loss, nevermind the countless other ways you have been affected such as word of mouth damages towards your business, repairing of the business to get it back up and stable, etc. :> Could get quite a settlement I would think depending on how big your hosting company is.

It only costs like $50.00 for a registration fee for small claims and you can get a settlement of up to $10,000. I know if I had a business that was partly ruined by ignorance like this I would fully be stepping up.

0 Not allowed!

I don't have any business on serveroutsource (I'm not that cheap ), so that means I probably can't get any money from court, and I wouldn't want to waste my time with that anyway.

I backed up almost everything important when I heard about this, but I'm still pissed that I lost quite a bit of personal data and it will take a couple of weeks just to set everything back to the way it was.
      0 Not allowed!

This will be my only post.
    And here is what has happened.

The 3rd party payment company CardService International (CSI) has everyone's money, and has not been released to Server Outsource.

As such we have no one's money, CSI does.
    I have been trying to work with CSI since December 1st to get CSI to release the money, and they are refusing.
    Eveyrtime they are called a different answer is given as why the funds are not being released.
    Currently they have >$11k of our clients money.

As you can imagine this has caused a domino effect.

My only suggestion is for our clients to contact their credit card companies, and do chargebacks agianst CSI for December 2003's service.

Due to the above, I am sorry to say our vendor that handled the payments, CSI has put Awebhosting, Inc. / Server outsource out of business.
    I am sorry to notifiy everyone, and is completely out of anyone's reasonable control at Awebhosting, Inc.
    Last edited by SrvOutsource; 12-13-2003 at 01:02 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: What a wanker.

Originally posted by rvrsl
    Just my opinion in all of this. I'm not even a customer but to see this happen makes me rather annoyed.

Sometimes if you make an attempt at a business and it fails, it's not a big deal. It happens everyday to many different people. It may be a little embarrassing for some, but it's really okay and not the end of the world. Failing at a business is part of life.

What's not okay, is doing it like this. I would see absolutely *NO* reason why you couldn't mass notice your customers that you are in a really bad situation with the business and will be closing the doors in 48-72 hours. To just simply one day unplug everything and not provide your customers time to move their data is absolutely ridiculous. Many of you individuals I'm sure, have your hosting business as your sole income, providing you and your family with clothes, shelter, food etc. Taking an action as blatantly damaging as this with total disregard for your customers and their businesses is purely disgusting. Hosting companies who experience consistent downtime can be ruined. Keeping in mind, that the server owners are the ones affected the most, but each of you most likely has hundreds of customers who also have been impacted.

David, take a second to think about how many thousands of people you have affected with your ignorant actions and the way you chose to close your business. I can’t imagine someone with such morals.

Just my opinion though.
    There can be all sorts of legal reasons for not commiting anything to writting when closing a company and many legal and banking institutions would advise companies going into liquidation to keep there mouths firmly shut, whether this is the case here or not is debatable and in the end does not solve or change anything.

Taking action against an insolvent company is a total waste of time, even if you win there is unlikely to be any cash to pay you and you will be well down the creditor scale if there is.

All you guys and gals need to do a damage limitaion exercise with your clients in the first instance and a *then* get even secondly IMO

Good luck to all of you.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.
      0 Not allowed!

Talking

Only 11K$!!!
    It is ridicule amount!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SrvOutsource
    I have been trying to work with CSI since December 1st to get CSI to release the money, and they are refusing.
    Due to the above, I am sorry to say our vendor that handled the payments, CSI has put Awebhosting, Inc. / Server outsource out of business.
    I am sorry to notifiy everyone, and is completely out of anyone's reasonable control at Awebhosting, Inc.
    Right, but you could have notified us.

And your business can't handle an $11k loss?

Also: can you ship us the harddrives of our servers for a reasonable cost?
      0 Not allowed!

Are you going to at least get some network up so we can retrieve our data?! I contacted Cogent and they told me the lines are down on YOUR end
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast