Thread: Another noob

Another noob

Well i am here to locate something and after reading the boards i have become one with you. I am who i am and nothing more. I come in search of a host for my forums that are dedicated to a game server

Hey there,

welcome to WHT. its a great forum, so enjoy your stay

* you need a host you say??

couldent help but notice you want a host for a forum?

please tell me more.

rob...

i actually already found one and am doing pretty good

ok i could have put that question a bit better lol, i want to run a forum but haventr a clue how lol

oh i see...lol...we shall not speak of things here tho.

ok...how do you PM on here?

oooook...nothing...hit me up on MSN (theinquistor@hotmail.com)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInquistor View Post
    oh i see...lol...we shall not speak of things here tho.
    What's wrong with discussing things regarding hosting on a hosting discussion forum?

Welcome to WHT!

i thought it was not seen to nicley to plug things

What are you "plugging" privately?
    I was under the impressioin you were going to help him learn how to run a forum.

well from what i gathered he needed a host and help to get everything set up. The host i got with did this and more. I would reccommend them to anyone but i am not sure how that would be felt on here. I would gladly tell him of the place cause i have nothing but high regards for them but i wouldn't want to get the host in hot water persay.

All the info i can give is my host and then explain to him how to get the boards tweaked once installed. But he would first have to go to the host and do that part. If it is cool i do this let me know and i will

Ah, I get it. As long as you are using the host, and not associated with them (affiliate, friend, family, employer, etc) and are willing to share a domain (here or in the helpdesk if you'd rather) you have hosted there as proof, should be no problem.

Unsolicited (by the host) recommendations from happy customers are allowed, no problem at all, as long as it can be verified in some way it's a legitimate recommendation.

Well in that case, robba_duck, I got on with TCH or http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/

I am on the $4 a month plan and to date the support either thru the forums there or the fact that i can ping most of them on an IM at any time keeps me completely happy. I had NOOOOOo idead what i was doing and had a TCH member named Andy sit for hours with me and get the site set up and ready for me to go from.

I would reccommend them to anyone. And again i thank he who refered me to them.

What domain do you have with them? (use the helpdesk if you'd rather not say here)

Oh my site is http://www.tregonia.net/

now you will notice the first page is blank aside from the forums link. they set all that up for me and eventually i will set up the site. But the forums were your basic subsilver phpBB 2.0.22 format and then i added mods from there

Question

Sorry e-mail was down for a few days, ahh lots of posts. Im already paid up for another 8 months for hosting so dont wanna change,

Then what is your question or what do you need exactly?

am i confusing everyone??

I want to start up a forum i have the hosting i have a domain name but not sure on what forum script it a good one to use or on how to get people to it? that swhat i need to know

well phpBB is free and a good source. I have had little problems from it. Chances are your host would even have a system to help you get set up and running