IRC-Allowed VPS Wanted in the United States.

Hi,

I am looking for a VPS Provider that will permit a IRC Server to be ran within their network. The uptime has to be substantial. The VPS has to have XEN Technology and support IPTables -jDROP. Bandwidth and usage is a minimum. I am willing to pay between $20 to $30 per month.

Linode is a Xen provider that allows IRC.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

You only want Xen Technology? What about OpenVZ ? ( sorry for asking )
    SnelBit.com - Internet Services!
    Shared Web Hosting | VPS Hosting | Europe VPS | SSD Dedicated Servers
    Innovation - Professionalism - Dedication | Simple reasons to choose us for being your Hosting Provider!

Quote Originally Posted by xbhosting View Post
    You only want Xen Technology? What about OpenVZ ? ( sorry for asking )
    More for iptables and security.

OpenVZ have iptables too.. I would suggest you accuratehub.com if you want OpenVZ VPS.. They have good packages.
    SnelBit.com - Internet Services!
    Shared Web Hosting | VPS Hosting | Europe VPS | SSD Dedicated Servers
    Innovation - Professionalism - Dedication | Simple reasons to choose us for being your Hosting Provider!

i don't like openvz because it didn't support own kernel for each vps
    i would go with giga-international because they use vmware which gives your vps its own kernel

FDCServers allows IRC on their network.

ramhost allows irc on their Atlanta DC

Quote Originally Posted by HostGladiator View Post
    FDCServers allows IRC on their network.
    I have IRC servers through FDC servers in Chicago - I think they have too many ping outs... causing numerous netsplits. I would not recommend them for IRC services.

Try buyvm. It's teh best!

Ever thought about going to an IRCD shell? Xzibition is very good (can't post links yet). I have a server on their "elmo" server that is protected by Awknet DDoS protection. I haven't had any issue with Xzibition except when I was hosted on a Staminus connection, it routinely went out in the middle of the night.

I sent an email to support@ and within a few hours, they allowed me to transfer to the Awknet server. So much improvement.

Why bother with your own VPS when you can have them handle the support plus handle the security rather than compiling all your own kernels, keeping your own updates, etc? I'd rather spend more for peace of mind rather than the whole "I did it myself" pat on the back

Quote Originally Posted by xbhosting View Post
    OpenVZ have iptables too.. I would suggest you accuratehub.com if you want OpenVZ VPS.. They have good packages.
    I don't think you can log the iptables info with OpenVZ though, whilst it will drop the connections and you can see the dropped logs using dmesg.
    It never actually logs them to the log file specified, it creates the file (which means its not a permission issue) just never fills it with data

I've been with several OpenVZ hosts and after enquiring why i cannot see any iptables info being logged, they have all told me its a limitation with the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by qwizie View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for a VPS Provider that will permit a IRC Server to be ran within their network. The uptime has to be substantial. The VPS has to have XEN Technology and support IPTables -jDROP. Bandwidth and usage is a minimum. I am willing to pay between $20 to $30 per month.
    RapidXen has an excellent network and will let you run IRC servers on their XEN based VPS. They are also affordable.

If you're okay with switching to openvz, i suggest www.buyvm.net

If not, I heard ZanyHost has some nice deals going on and allow IRC i'm to sure how good they are though, be good enough to search through WHT a rep is here also.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonVPS-Jim View Post
    Linode is a Xen provider that allows IRC.
    Second to this one
    © www.hostinginside.com AS9678 √
    © Taiwan Colocation and Dedicated Server
    © Taiwan, Singapore, US, UK & Germany KVM Based VPS with RAID 10