Any Kayako expert in here?

A friend's company using Kayako, and they have a problem with staff logins.

2 staff cannot login at the same time. If one logins, the other drops automatically.

They are logging in with different usernames and passwords, say, userA and userB. Correct login names are visible at the top of the each user's Kayako application window.

However when they look at "who is online" list, it shows userA is online, even if the userA goes offline and userB logs in.

This happens only between userA and userB, no other staff members are affected.

I have no knowledge of Kayako, and don't have access the source code. But I have access to admin control panel.

Any help to get me to the right direction is greatly appreciated.
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

Have you tried removing and re-adding this users again?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Thanks Jedito.
    Tried that but nothing changed.
    DigiPun.ch

both are in different computers, right?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Are they on the same network connection (IP)?

They are using different computers.
    They are in the same network so I guess same external IP, but different internal IP?

All other users are in same network but only this two are affected.
    DigiPun.ch

Have you contacting Kayako or sending them an email?

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    They are in the same network so I guess same external IP, but different internal IP?

That seems to be the problem. Kayako assumes that the IP logged into another account so it will automatically log out the other account with that same IP.

By the way, the internal IP doesnt matter since the server where Kayako is located can only see your external IP.
    Host Mist - Helping People Say Hello World
    Shared | VPS | Dedicated

That shouldn't be an issue, we have in our office up to 6 computers connecting to kayako without any problem all using the same IP.

I suggest to the OP to contact to Kayako directly or ask on their forum.

We've used kayako with 10+ users from the same office with the same external ip, a ticket to kayako support will help I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Crashus View Post
    We've used kayako with 10+ users from the same office with the same external ip, a ticket to kayako support will help I hope
    Same here. It shouldn't be a problem.

Does your friend have an active support subscription with Kayako? Should be pretty easy for them to troubleshoot. We've sometimes had two people from the same IP not able to login to LiveResponse at the same time, but not the helpdesk.
    InspiroHost :: Business Hosting
    Servers in New York, Washington DC and London. Try our Blog Hosting.
    Cpanel, 24/7 end user support, 99.95% uptime guarantee.

I'm guessing your Kayako installation is setup to validate staff against the use of same IPs.

You'll need to find this setting somewhere in the ACP and disable it.

This shouldn't really be a problem, because a session identifier in Kayako is not solely based on the IP address.

Are you using some kind of web proxy?
    Last edited by Jamie Edwards; 08-26-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    » Kayako customer service software and live chat software- your customers deserve better than helpdesk

Thanks for all the advice guys.
    I am trying to help them remotely, but as far as I gathered they are using pretty old version like from 2003 or something.
    My friend said a foreigner freelance guy bought the license, installed the software and loosely translate it to Japanese years ago, so I really doubt that they have any support subscription, no one in the company can speak English anyway :/

@Jamie: They might be using proxy, I will check.
    DigiPun.ch

I would definetly ask in the kayako forum. I am sure they will get you straightend out.

I am trying to help them remotely, but as far as I gathered they are using pretty old version like from 2003 or something.
    It could well be the case that there is a bug in this old version that affects IP session collisions, then
    » Kayako customer service software and live chat software- your customers deserve better than helpdesk