Fatal error: Allowed memory size

this customer that i have on my ensim server is geting this error every 3 weeks or so ...

I have my tech go into the php site1 to up the memory. right now it sits @ 16 MB's

is there anything i can to stop this error from happen again ? he runs a large forum

site1 = http://www.torquespeed.net

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3840 bytes) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/sources/lib/post_parser.php(172) : regexp code on line 1

can anybody please help ... thanks

system
    http://207.44.142.51/HotSaNIC/

system total momery is 512MB , i have 11 sites in it / ensim 3.1.4 / 7.2 redhat / PHP Version 4.2.2

Tell him to use a new message board maybe?

I also forgot to mention, it could be other sites causing this. Such as use of Image functions, with resizing them, etc. Or Cronjobs can use up system memory depending on the needs of it etc. Just go through each site and if you see something that you think could be the problem ask them what they are doing, etc.

(I dunno, just a solution?)

That script wants to use more then 16 MB of memory. I would recommend to use another forum. 16 MB is enough for the PHP script.

Also, php errors always give you good information about error type and on what line it happened. Seems like regexp function is working hard and eating memory.

null
    How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL

Originally posted by PAitken
    I also forgot to mention, it could be other sites causing this. Such as use of Image functions, with resizing them, etc. Or Cronjobs can use up system memory depending on the needs of it etc. Just go through each site and if you see something that you think could be the problem ask them what they are doing, etc.

(I dunno, just a solution?)
    yes , there is a hack install the resize images that people uploads on the post ...

you think that can be the problem ?