Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't understand how we have had such horrible experiences with Platinum Server Management and no one else on this posting has.

Have any of you seen any server compromises? We experienced two since being with them and have had tickets go for days until we finally have called their phone number to complain.

They have ignored questions we have asked over and over. I'm guessing maybe they have issues against us, but if that is in fact the case they should be telling us to go elsewhere instead of risking our customers security.

By the way their site has now been down for roughly an hour and yes I have tried to reach it from several networks across the US.

swflnetworks,
    How many tickets did you place, before you went on your leave?
    Kevhosting.com -
    High quality hosting, resellers and VPS packages.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhosting
    swflnetworks,
    How many tickets did you place, before you went on your leave?
    I can't even remember. I don't think it was more than 4 during the entire time I had my account there.

And I've had 2 tickets at Jonesolutions, and so far no need to create anymore right now, as I'm actually satisfied with the work JS did over PSM's.

Not to mention the people over at JS were actually courteous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aside from that:

I'm still waiting to hear it Ethan. Why, if I were trying to rip you off, would I go to Jonesolutions, pay MORE, to have them redo everything and NOT ask for a refund?

Since you seem to have me so figured out, King Ethan.
    Last edited by swflnetworks; 05-26-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack77
    I don't understand how we have had such horrible experiences with Platinum Server Management and no one else on this posting has.

Have any of you seen any server compromises? We experienced two since being with them and have had tickets go for days until we finally have called their phone number to complain.

They have ignored questions we have asked over and over. I'm guessing maybe they have issues against us, but if that is in fact the case they should be telling us to go elsewhere instead of risking our customers security.

By the way their site has now been down for roughly an hour and yes I have tried to reach it from several networks across the US.

Shortly after posting these statements on WHT PSM responded to my ticket with quite a few things that did not take responsability. In fact they also shutdown my account so I couldn't respond back. (Amazing that all it took to get them to respond to a ticket they hadn't replied to for 30 something hours was to make a post on WHT)

I had posted in my ticket about my 2nd server protected by PSM being hacked. They responded with this:

1) "This is the 2nd server that has been compromised now that is managed by your company."

I hope you are not attributing this to us, we can not, and do not, nor can anyone in the world guarantee an unhackable system. Once we secure it, what you do from that point on can leave the server secure or make it more vulnerable (ie, adding vulnerable scripts, giving your passwords out to others, etc). Even after we harden it, we make a specific point of saying:
    ---------
    Can we guarantee your system will be hacker proof?
    No, nobody can! It is 100% impossible to make a server hacker proof, that's a fact. This is even more impossible when vulnerable freeware scripts are so commonly used (forums, bb's, guestbooks, formmails). Nevertheless, even multibillion dollar company's such as banks, government computers, credit card companies, have had server's compromised. We consider our security hardening procedures to make your system hacker resistant. The software we install secures the system without adversely effecting or hindering the normal operations of your server.

I agree that nothing is 100% secure however when you hire a security company to take care of your server security they should be able to look at results from their own tools they install. E.G.

On May 23rd they responded to my security compromise that I told them about and said they couldn't find a trace of the intruding IP I gave them. When looking at the software they install to store root logins the IP is clearly there. Why didn't they look at the list of the root login tracker they installed?

On top of this they had still ignored what I had told them about installed software.

They also didn't even respond to my ticket for roughly 30 hours and at that time they had already viewed the post on WHT. They replied saying many things, but I want to point out this statement:

Nobody ignored any of your questions, until we could login, we couldn't answer them. I know you provided the login info, and we have not had a chance to login yet to work on this, I do apologize for the delays, but with 2 major unexpected upgrades just released both practically within the same day from cpanel, and both with major bugs, we were extremely inundated with requests this week. This was so unexpected that we did not even have time to rearrange our employee work shifts.
    They say they didn't ignore questions and couldn't answer them until they logged in. However when we reported the ticket they had been told the name of the software installed and yet logged in and told us they couldn't find the IP and made suggestions about tightening down SSH. That was on May 23rd. On the 26th they still hadn't logged in again. That is over 2 days later that they hadn't logged in. They claimed that they were so busy , then why in the hell were they on WHT reviewing statments about their company? They had customers waiting and here they were reading forum comments.

I understand when a company has a hard time. But this company had me as a customer for a very long time in hopes that they would improve. They had an excuse for everything it seemed and instead of taking care of a important time critical issue they were notified about on the 23rd they we're reading a forum on the 26th and shutting down an account over a customer stating their bad experience (which I was planning on cancelling at the end of the month). I have to say I truely feel in my honest opinion: they are incompitent in this situation, and in my opinion I don't believe saving money is worth taking the risk of working with such individuals!

It's almost always a pain to move from one managment company to another but in this situation it is worth it!

I truely hope that no other customers of theirs go through this kind of situation, but would be interested in hearing of any similar experiences.

Is there anyone here other than Rich that can tell about their experiences with PSM?
    I'm guessing gasxtreme has been with them for a little while too.

I'm curious to hear about more experiences.

Well PSM. Stay like you are, don't listen to anyone saying less support will greaten your bottom line. Remember, the cheaper the services, the more people you attract. If you also have kick-*** service, than that just attracts tones more customers.

Which greatens your bottom line more than cutting the service.

I was with platinum server management for my first month, whilst they were very helpful, responded to all my tickets in good time, they didn't seem to have as much knowledge in the high bandwidth / IO solution I was running. They're great if you're a webhost, running cPanel, etc.. But if you need a highly optimised server for dealing with large amounts of traffic without cPanel i'd reccommend going elsewhere.
    Ampinet.co.uk - UK Webhosting - Coming Soon!
    99.99% Uptime Guarentee | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 24/7 Support

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    Well PSM. Stay like you are, don't listen to anyone saying less support will greaten your bottom line. Remember, the cheaper the services, the more people you attract. If you also have kick-*** service, than that just attracts tones more customers.

Which greatens your bottom line more than cutting the service.
    More like, the cheaper the services, the bigger license to act like a **** to your customers, and sit there and accuse them of fraud any time they want a refund.

Is there anyone here other than Rich that can tell about their experiences with PSM?
    I'm guessing gasxtreme has been with them for a little while too.

I'm curious to hear about more experiences.
    I've been with PSM for about 9 months.... So far their service has been flawless in my eyes. I have had a few tickets go over their 24 hour guarantee, but I expected them to, due to the nature of the issue, and I was still perfectly happy with the resolution time. As I've stated before, on the other side of the coin, MANY of my tickets are resolved within an hour or so...

Bottom line: For $30/month, they do an outstanding job. I couldn't be happier
    -steve

I recently (within the last two months) added several servers to be managed by PSM. I cannot say how happy I have been with their service. Their responses are very fast on emergency issues and they have solved all my tickets thus far without any issues.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

We've been using their services, and servers, for over a year now and have never had any problems. Even low priority tickets have never taken more than a few hours for a response.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Premier
    We've been using their services, and servers, for over a year now and have never had any problems. Even low priority tickets have never taken more than a few hours for a response.

Wow I can't say I've had the same good experience as my other post indicate. I'm glad you guys are getting such good service. They said they didn't have anything against me, but I haven't had these great quick responses in a lot of cases. I felt like I had to do some baby sitting to get things done. They would ignore questions I asked just like my latest ticket. Even in that ticket they didn't even mention checking on the software I mentioned consistantly until many responses in. It was like I had to badger them just to get a response to that issue.

I am glad to see others not having those issues. At least it would make more since if it was just a prejudice situation which caused my issues.

Ummm

Quote Originally Posted by swflnetworks
    I, personally, don't like them all that much.. Their server security method isn't exactly up to par, I had to have the people from jonesolutions go through and re-do it.

I never got to use their other services, only the server security setup, and wasn't all that happy with it.

Even when I requested a refund, all of a sudden I didn't qualify for one, just because I didn't create a ticket expressing my dislike in the ONE function I DID try.

I tried to be nice and say something along the lines of, "I'm happy with the services PSM offers and all, but I just wasn't happy with the one service that PSM gave me, that I requested done", and all of a sudden they took that as being satisfied with PSM as a whole, and couldn't understand that I was not satisfied with the one THING I DID REQUEST. So when I requested a refund, they sat there and accussed me of changing my story.

Then when I cancelled, I was under the assumption they'd close my paypal subscription, as I don't log in there much at all, and the next month rolled around, and a new months payment came out of my account. When I tried to request getting my money back, I was accussed of being a fraudster (even though I closed my account before the next months payment should have gone through), and took 2 payments from me.

I would let PSM be, and just be fine with it, if they'd just give me my money back. I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with, but good lord, I ain't trying to fraud anyone.

I could care less about my first months payment.. You guys did the work, even though I WASN'T satisfied with what work you did do, you did do something.. I would LIKE a refund for both the first and second month, but I know I won't get my first months..

Can I atleast get my second month back? My account was CLOSED BEFORE that payment went through, do the right thing and give back the money, you didn't do anything, I wasn't a customer at that time anymore, and you still won't give me the money back anyways? Just that one month back. Please?
    Not to be mean or anything. But I dont think its there fault. If your company doesnt make enough money and you need to post about someones attempt to help you with securing your server for a low price like 30 usd. I ask this how can you complain about there service when you dont have any idea what they did to your server? Because if you did, you wouldnt be in need of thier services. Maybe you should think about learning for yourself before you start a hosting company.
    Are you not affraid that your customers will see your post ????

Wow I can't say I've had the same good experience as my other post indicate. I'm glad you guys are getting such good service. They said they didn't have anything against me, but I haven't had these great quick responses in a lot of cases. I felt like I had to do some baby sitting to get things done. They would ignore questions I asked just like my latest ticket. Even in that ticket they didn't even mention checking on the software I mentioned consistantly until many responses in. It was like I had to badger them just to get a response to that issue.

I am glad to see others not having those issues. At least it would make more since if it was just a prejudice situation which caused my issues.
    Look man, you made your point already. Like 5 times. Just go away, nobody wants to hear you bitch. We all know you have beef with these people, but stop cluddering up other peoples threads.

/disable plz.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhosting
    Hello,
    I signed up with Platinum Server Management a few days ago. I must say, up to now there service is Excellent. At first I was very cautious as I asked myself "How can someone offer such good service for only $30 a month" As $30 isn't much, I decided to try them mostly for their server security. I've had a few problems, within moments of submitting a ticket, I get a friendly and fast response. Great job PSM! Keep up the good work!
    I had an issue with them not attempting to help on an issue, but other than that, I say PSM is a good server manager.
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Quote Originally Posted by goofygarber
    Look man, you made your point already. Like 5 times. Just go away, nobody wants to hear you bitch. We all know you have beef with these people, but stop cluddering up other peoples threads.

/disable plz.
    People post the experiances they have. That's part of being on a discussion forum?
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Quote Originally Posted by goofygarber

/disable plz.

What crawled up yor back end and died?

I haven't said a word for sometime now. You're the only one bringing it back up. If someone else wants to continue to talk about it so be it, but I have already stopped. You're the only one bitching about it.

Hopefully you do understand the point of talking on a forum is to discuss other peoples point of views and share their experience. In fact I asked to hear about good experiences as well if you read all of my post.

By the way since I'm here: PSM did manage to do the right thing by at least giving a refund without me asking. I may not agree with them just shutting off my account with a way to respond and them not answering their phones while having some kind of answering system/phone system that won't let you leave a message. But at least I will give the credit where it is due!

05-26-2006, 05:10 AM #26
    mrblack77
    Ok, you haven't said anything for a week, in this thread. All you do is post in threads about platinumservermanagement; and I don't want you being an ******* to me.

I'm trying PSM this month on one of my servers. They seem pretty good with CPanel and did all the basic setup for me to a good standard, for the price they charge, so far I find it an excellent way to cut down your time and huge responsibility on your servers.

Just wanted to add my own experience with Platinum Management, their service is as good as long is their domain name Seriously, I had a horrible experience with Server4Sale which were doing a very bad job of managing the server, so I turned to Platinum and they cleared all issues quickly, efficiently. Only problem was that when Server4Sale realized that one of "their" boxes was being managed by Platinum they freaked out, and the hostilities began that led to their shutting the server down and making me lose all my data. So for me it's big thumbs up for Platinum and huge thumbs down for Server4Sale. I think Platinum should begin reselling for LayeredTech and SoftLayer, it would be an awesome combination.

What crawled up yor back end and died?
    I've talked to 7 year-olds with more maturity than you.

Just for the heck of it -
    PSM is great, simple as that.
    Response times - Well, I'm in Australia, they are USA, different time zones, usually responses in 5 minutes.

All the problems I had have been resolved, I'm not sure I have any problems with my server at the moment, nor is there anything I need to install, because PSM has done it already.
    For $30 it's more that meets the eye.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Has anyone used PSM for monitoring only? I sent them an email and it has been 3 days, with a followup, and no replies. What is the best way to contact their support?
    Alex - President
    ASThost - Your affordable and reliable webhosting solution.
    http://www.asthost.com

Quote Originally Posted by ASTHost
    Has anyone used PSM for monitoring only? I sent them an email and it has been 3 days, with a followup, and no replies. What is the best way to contact their support?
    Open a new ticket asking for the status of ticket number #

One criticism I can think of so far of PSM: Their pricing is very low, too low. This only means, more clients, yet still comparatively low income. When they will have too many clients I'm sure their quality of service will be compromised. It's a basic observation.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTHost
    We get quite a few emails a day, if you didn't receive a response from us then it was probably overlooked or our spam filter got it. Please PM me your email address so I can search for it, or just re-send it with 'ATTN: John' in the Subject line of the email so it stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteManaged
    One criticism I can think of so far of PSM: Their pricing is very low, too low. This only means, more clients, yet still comparatively low income. When they will have too many clients I'm sure their quality of service will be compromised. It's a basic observation.
    Thanks for your concern. We've been offering our service for about 5 years now with the same prices, and for anyone that has been with us for a while, will say our service continues to get better and better as we grow. We are always checking QA, work load, etc., to make sure that our customer-to-employee ratio is balanced with what we can efficiently handle. We would never let ourself get into a position where we cannot provide quality support because of our prices.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement
    We would never let ourself get into a position where we cannot provide quality support because of our prices.
    Thanks for your assurance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast