Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is EuroVPS still good for you?

Hi All,

I've been a customer of EuroVPS for a long time now (3+ years) with 4 VPS plans and over the past year or so I've been experiencing a lot of performance issues with them.

I don't want to have a go at them on here since this is my first post, and to be fair to them their support team is very responsive by comparison with others and there are many reasons that make them a great hosting provider. However, since I originally found them on this site, I'd be very interested to hear from veteran users on how they find the service is holding up these days for them.

Looking forward to your thoughts....

I closed my account there in October.....and I certainly won't be going back.

The support guys like Sam, Eugene, William etc are great blokes and they do a fantastic job. Those guys work hard and can't do enough for you.

In fact, the good reviews I gave EuroVPS in the past was more based on the techie guys than any other aspect of the company.

I'm not going to go into any negativity regarding the other aspects of EuroVPS because of my respect for the tech support team.....all I'll say is I wake up every morning and thank god that I found Servint!

Yep.

I often go months at a time without making a single support request. And then there are those times where I have to do a few dozen within the span of a few days -- all of them taken care of quickly and with great results.

I'm working towards 4 years now.

Their support is, and has been for years, what I would consider to be a "gold standard" in quality of support, both in speed and effectiveness.

Their prices are competitive -- not the cheapest, not the most expensive. My biggest gripe is the exchange rate, but that's not their fault (or mine). EU has gained a LOT against the USD since I signed up.

Honestly, most of my issues have been with Plesk quirks, or with downtimes at Leaseweb. I can't fault EuroVPS for either of those.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Yes, the support for me is one of the best I've seen. The guys like Sam and William are great and very helpful.

The major problem I'm finding now is that some server niggles (as you mentioned kpmedia, often related to PLESK and probably Virtuozzo) that keep cropping up time and time again and aren't permanently resolved. I can't fault them the first couple of times but it's getting to the point that I'm going to be forced to switch due to my clients dissatisfaction with uptime and the time I spend following this up. There are occasions where downtime is fairly significant and their failsafes (e.g. hot spares) which are advertised as part of their plans are nowhere to be seen.

This is why I opened this thread, to see if others are experiencing this too, or if it's just my VPSes, because after so many years of good service I'm worried they are falling behind. Leaving them will be a tough decision that I wouldn't take lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by devdude View Post
    Yes, the support for me is one of the best I've seen. The guys like Sam and William are great and very helpful.
    It's getting to the point that I'm going to be forced to switch due to my clients dissatisfaction with uptime and the time I spend following this up. There are occasions where downtime is fairly significant and their failsafes (e.g. hot spares) which are advertised as part of their plans are nowhere to be seen.
    Been there....done that....found Servint!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Been there....done that....found Servint!
    Servint looks good actually, it's on my shortlist. I also took a quick look at JaguarPC and their plans look good. I remember considering them before and choosing EuroVPS back then. Anyone have an opinion on JaguarPC?

Servint looks good actually, it's on my shortlist. I also took a quick look at JaguarPC and their plans look good. I remember considering them before and choosing EuroVPS back then. Anyone have an opinion on JaguarPC?
    There's been a few negative reviews here lately.
    My shortlist was Liquidweb, WiredTree, Knownhost, and Servint.....and I went for Servint. Never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    There's been a few negative reviews here lately.
    My shortlist was Liquidweb, WiredTree, Knownhost, and Servint.....and I went for Servint. Never looked back.
    Good to hear, thanks, Knownhost is also on my list. I'll look around for th JPC reviews.

often related to PLESK and probably Virtuozzo
    The only real way to escape those problems is to stop using Plesk/Virtuozzo. It won't matter who the host is -- I had similar issues when I admin'd a dedicated box with just Plesk on it. Some problems on my Plesk/Virtuozzo Linux VPS with another host, too. It's a software issue, not a person/company issue.

Of course, the alternative control panels all have their quirks, too!

I like Plesk the best, lesser of evils, so I just deal with problems one by one as best as possible. In a few cases, that meant adding RAM, buying a 3rd-party plugin app, etc. In the end, it always works.

EuroVPS has non-Parallels options, don't forget. Cpanel, no CP at all, etc.

I've stuck with EuroVPS because of the support and good uptime.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

True, PLESK does have some bugs that are out of their hands, although the fact that EVPS remained on plesk 8.6 and not upgraded to 9 can't help.

Actually, the major problems I've had are probably at a higher level, like Virtuozzo, for example my servers just stop becoming accessible via plesk and are unavailable on the HSPC area. plesk has been pretty good to me, as you say, the lesser of evils.

I've honestly had nothing but great performance and uptime from EuroVPS. On the odd occasion every few months if/when things get mildly sluggish, I lodge a ticket and it's resolved very quickly, usually the result of another customer abusing resources on the node.

They don't oversell and they certainly take customer security and satisfaction very seriously, so I'm not planning to move anytime soon.
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com
    Currently Hosted by: EuroVPS

although the fact that EVPS remained on plesk 8.6 and not upgraded to 9 can't help.

Actually, the major problems I've had are probably at a higher level, like Virtuozzo, for example my servers just stop becoming accessible via plesk and are unavailable on the HSPC area. plesk has been pretty good to me, as you say, the lesser of evils.
    Oh, don't assume Plesk 9 fixed anything! If anything, it broke just as much as it fixed, at least in the initial 9.0 release. The most recent 9.x updates should be stable, but those haven't been out too terribly long now.

Virtuozzo has bugs in its newer versions too. Two steps forward, one step back -- you know the drill. It's software.

I've actually asked them about Plesk 9, Win 2008, newer Virtuozzo. It works, and they do have it deployed on some systems (dedicated, mostly), but I'm under the impression they're not 100% confident just yet for the VPS/shared environments, preferring to roll it out at a time deemed safe, rather than let the customers suddenly (and possibly unwillingly) become a mass group of beta testers. I had that at another host -- it didn't end well for them.

I sometimes wonder if HSPC causes the Plesk/Virtuozzo bug, I've had that too -- and not just at EuroVPS. I've been told several times to try logging into Plesk or Virtuozzo direct, rather than enter via HSPC (Parallels BA, now, actually, not HSPC anymore).

When that happens, it's usually just cp-only, sites unaffected. When it affects sites, it's HTTP only, email is fine.

Are you on a VPS? Linux or Windows?
    || Need a good host?
    ||

I'm on VPSes with Linux.

Mind you, their issues aren't only related to Virtuozzo. These past two weeks, all 4 of my VPSes have gone down for many hours due to unscheduled maintenances. Whilst their support and response is top notch, it's beginning to lose it's magic when you constantly have to contact them about server issues.

kpmedia, have you had any experience with xen? I've heard they're very stable. I might consider moving to one of those instead, at least for some VPSes.

I am very dissapointed with my VPS in past couple of months, i am going to move to clustered next month when my expire date comes,

I think for the price they charge they could offer much more performance and much more CARE for their customers, but looks like they don't care much about customers at all.

Btw VPS uptime is nearly 100% and network is awesome, but i am looking for an complete package for the money i pay

just my 2 cents

Why are you disappointed though, is it because the VPS doesn't meet your demands or it's performing poorly for what they were meant to provide you?

See, it interests me a lot that nobody else is having issues with downtime. Maybe it's just me then.... The amount of downtime reports I get from my monitoring service is insane!

I'll ask them to have further checks on my VPSes and maybe move them to other nodes, since I'm sure I would have seen more complaints on the thread. Guess that's why I wanted to check on here in the first place...

See, it interests me a lot that nobody else is having issues with downtime. Maybe it's just me then.... The amount of downtime reports I get from my monitoring service is insane!
    You're not the only one....just one of the reasons I left.

It came to the point (after numerous upgrades of resources) that I was talking to Sam and William (great guys) more often than I talked to my wife.

I've been with Servint since October and if you asked me to name a support guy I couldn't do it.
    I think there's a Jim....possibly....any others no idea at all. And that's the way it should be.....there's no need to contact them as I have zero issues.

And that's on less resources and more additional clients onboard. So go figure.

haha, yes, I can relate actually. As nice as they may be, that's not what you want!

Nice to know I'm not going insane here. I don't like being the whiny customer

i am about to hit the buy now button for a managed cpanel/whm vps at eurovps

I need:

Stability
    Europe located
    Good support

Eurovps seem to fit it all

I have 2 resseler accounts at hostgator, theyr support is awsome but im sick of the limitations they have. I only have very low traffic sites.

Im only afraid of myself at this moment. i only worked with cpanel/whm as reseller afraid a vps is to technical for me. eurovps sales said they take care of it all tough

gladly acept your recomendations

Does it have to be European mainland or would you consider the UK as well?

I wouldn't recommend EuroVPS personally. Their quickness to respond to support questions is probably one of the best, but it's pointless if you constantly have to contact them about server issues.

I can't recommend a good VPS host in Europe apart from slicehost (but it's unmanaged)

I wouldn't recommend EuroVPS personally. Their quickness to respond to support questions is probably one of the best, but it's pointless if you constantly have to contact them about server issues.
    Pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ruigato View Post
    eurovps sales said they take care of it all tough
    Yep. They've never been anything other that stellar at it, either.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by ruigato View Post
    Stability
    Europe located
    Good support

Eurovps seem to fit it all
    Can also confirm with 4+ years of experience with EuroVPS that this is exactly what you'll be getting with them.
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com
    Currently Hosted by: EuroVPS

I am also running vps with eurovps. Nice to see all member here. I am also having problem with downtime with them. After reading all thread seem to be plesk problem. So going to cpanel will help us? I transfer my site from them again return back because of expart suport team. Just wast 60$ dollar in eukhost. Any customer doing advertisemet from urovps?

One week with eurovps, so far so good.
    Just migrated one site but the staff has take care of all my wishes.
    Will try to update you in a month or 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast