Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry banned from adsense

I know a few unethical site owners buy traffic/adsense clicks to increase their adsense revenue. I'm not one of them. Last year, google decided to suspend my account for no apparent reason. I had a few hundred dollars in my account too, which took me about a year to collect. The weird think is that my CTR is horrible...around %0.02 Don't know they would think I'm cheating!

I have no idea why they suspended my account in all honesty. Anyways, I review their guidelines and whatnot, I don't seem to be violating any rules. Does anyone have any tips on how to get my adsense account unsuspended?

The only thing you can do is to appeal. If you really did nothing wrong, they might reactivate your account. Chances are slim, but it can happen.

dont they need to send the money youve earned every month?

Well, I was in the same position myself not too long ago... But with more than few hundred... Followed their policies down to the letter. It's quite infuriating really.

Even if you are not cheating, I believe google constantly adjusts the realms of "acceptable" to hone onto their prime targets. Anyone who simply falls outside of it must be doing something illegal in their eyes - at least that's their excuse. There's ton of complaints by people who got cut off with no apparent reason. And "invalid click activity" is the most commonly flung word when they really don't even have any reason.

You can try appealing, but unlike the above, I'd say the chances are virtually none. You have a much better chance opening a small claims against google for your earnings. There's quite a few of those in the past as well, number of which who also won. It makes great leverage if you are opting to do so yourself.

IMO, the most unethical owner with respect to adsense is Google. Their draconian policies and refusal to give any communication sometimes makes us wonder why so many publishers choose Google... actually, I know that answer... I just wish there was an easy and excellent alternative. Also, imo, adsense is good for 2 types of publishers. sites barely able to scrape few hundred with adsense and sites big enough that they'll happily send lawyers to google HQ. Anyone who's too small will never get their $100 withdrawl. Anyone who earns more than 1k/month runs far too much risk as google can ban you whenever they feel like it and take away all your earnings which is lot worse than not allowing you to put ads on at all, at least you could've sold your inventory elsewhere then. And anyone who earns into millions can actually afford to talk to google about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbl123 View Post
    dont they need to send the money youve earned every month?
    No, they do not. Not if you're banned for some reason. Then all your earnings are gone, including past month where you're already due. So, you technically lose out 2 months of income. And to qualify for monthly deposits, you need to have earned at least $100 in your account.

In a sad way, I find it partially in google's interest to actually ban you. If you built up a thousand and they decide to ban you, where does that thousand dollars go? If they have a reason to banning you, they're supposed to "give the money back to the advertisers". But, between completely non-transparent refund system, questionable refundability for earnings made long ago, possibility of getting refunds by advertisers who are no longer there, etc... where does that money go? Straight to their own pockets obviously. Honestly, I don't think they like the idea of paying people... They advertise to the smallest publisher, yet carry one of the industry's highest minimum payment amount... That alone is a wall majority of small publishers will never leap beyond.
    Last edited by Grumps; 04-20-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    I have no sig to spam.

is this posible to make a new account?
    with the same bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by hbl123 View Post
    is this posible to make a new account?
    with the same bank account?
    Nope.

Only 1 account per person is allowed
    If you have multiple accounts, you'll get banned.
    If you got banned/suspended and you register a new one, banned again.

Only way is to appeal or change your name, your address and get a new bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by _GMF_ View Post
    Only way is to appeal or change your name, your address and get a new bank account.
    Well, not that hard actually to do that...
    You don't ACTUALLY have to change your name... There are people with same names out there.
    Change of address: Go buy a PO Box
    Change of bank account: Go to your bank and open a new account, saving or chequing.

solved!

Not sure why anyone would want to repeat their losses though.
    I have no sig to spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    Well, not that hard actually to do that...
    You don't ACTUALLY have to change your name... There are people with same names out there.
    Change of address: Go buy a PO Box
    Change of bank account: Go to your bank and open a new account, saving or chequing.

solved!
    You would need to get a new IP (and MAC) address as well. Would be strange if you get banned and register a new account with the same PC and IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    Not sure why anyone would want to repeat their losses though.
    Many that try to cheat google, and get banned want a new one. Just go over to the digitalpoint forums. The amount of "My adsense was banned" threads are astounding (and amusing) .

Quote Originally Posted by TinyVox View Post
    Does anyone have any tips on how to get my adsense account unsuspended?
    Have you contacted them to ask what the problem was? Are you sure they didn't contact you at sometime and ask you fix something?

I believe there shall be way to contact them via their forums, you can search "AdSense Forum" and can try to reach them.

However so far i know they donot allow you have 2nd account with same person.

If you click on your own ads, you'll get banned.

Well it is normal these days. I am one of the victims too

My account suspended when I had earned around $95 and it took me 3 months to earn this money.

The reason they mentioned was just "Invalid Click Activity". I never clicked myself and I don't know if someone bombarded too many clicks on my ads or what.

I don't like google ads anymore, they are just too strict and not fair with everyone. They just do well with big and famous sites, young webmasters are not appreciated by them
    Professional Banner Design :: Complete Satisfaction & Fast Turnaround
    InspireFusion.com :: Art, Design & Inspiration Blog

I am in this situation myself. Honestly I'm glad though. I don't want to do business with a company that has no interest in working with their clients. No explanation, down right rude in their refusal to discuss it, complete ignore of attempts to repeal even years later. There are other companies out there, Google can be what microsoft was in the 90s if they so desire.

I'm not even going to waste my time with an appeal, looks like there's no chance of getting my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyVox View Post
    I'm not even going to waste my time with an appeal, looks like there's no chance of getting my money back.
    There is chance to get your account active and money back too. Just open a thread in Google Adsense forum and describe each and everything in details that could prove that you did not do anything wrong according Google's term and policies. Google adsense engineer reply there.

Quote Originally Posted by nehir View Post
    If you click on your own ads, you'll get banned.
    Definitely. "Don't put your hand in boil water"

Quote Originally Posted by _GMF_ View Post
    Nope.

Only 1 account per person is allowed
    If you have multiple accounts, you'll get banned.
    If you got banned/suspended and you register a new one, banned again.

One person can open two adsense account. 1. Personal 2. Business. Even payee name may be same if publisher want.

GMF, You can easily check it, if you have adsense account.

Hi i am also know about this same problem just few month ago i create my Adsence account but i don't know about clicking time so my account also banned for details that your problem in clicking lot's more...

Adsense sends checks after you reach $100. If it took you a year to get 500 you would have got a check before the final month, unless it took months to get to $99 and all of a sudden the month of the ban you made $401

color me sceptical
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

9/10 getting banned from google adsense is due to "click fraud". It's easy to spot the people who go to work and click once or twice a day, every other day or whatever. The same IP's appearing create a sequence and so on.

People think they are being smart by trying to do it from different locations but it wont work.

Having customers do it is just as bad, whether you encourage them to or if it is just that regular customer who thinks they are doing you a favour is actually not as they will get you banned as well by over clicking on ads.

Month to month I see my balance getting adjusted by up to $60 per month from what it stated, no doubt more than 1 click from the same IP or something.

There is absolutely no point appealing IMO, I knew a mate who got banned for no apparant reason, he got no where and no money from Google.

Just cut your losses and look for another ad company

Got banned a few years ago because I clicked my own ads. I am following guidelines now and even receive tips from Google how to maximize my revenue - and they're constantly right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay August View Post
    Got banned a few years ago because I clicked my own ads. I am following guidelines now .....

how did you get back in?
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

You get a new account, new ip and start over. The support is pretty bad. I had a website that I opened via blogspot about a year ago. Before the first month was over I was banned for click fraud. Over $100 dollars was in the balance and I know that neither me or the visitors or most of them at least were not clicking randomly. 1 person was caught for doing so and banned from the site.

Kind of sad a single person can get any site suspended from adsense. Contacting support just gets them to repeat that you are banned. Answering half the questions at most and causing you to start over with more questions to get answered.

This is a pretty common thing. I got banned with about $3k built up as well a few years back. No reason given, just banned. Tried emailing them about it, nothing but form letter responses, and even those were slow to come. Google has great technology, but in my experience, any time it would be appropriate for a real person to get involved in any way shape or form, they fall flat on their face. YPN also kicked me out, but they were nice enough to field a phone call from me and tell me why, and they also paid me what they owed me, unlike google. Actually kind of ironic that I've dealt with dozens of advertisers, some of them really shady, and the only people who've actually ever stiffed me are google. Much easier to sleep at night using legitimate display ad companies instead of google's nonsense. A ton of other sites in the same industry as mine got banned a couple months later as well for no specific reason given. I can only surmise that one of two things happened: 1) someone was click frauding competitors to get them banned and reduce competition, or 2) the traffic quality was low for our industry in general, and instead of adjusting the payouts accordingly, or even just being honest and telling us we're not welcome to use adsense anymore because of traffic quality, instead they just ban people without saying why. It's almost impossible to build a real business in such an environment where a competitor or random decision by google can cut off your source of income.

If you do want a new account, keep in mind that you'll need a new social security number or taxpayer id number if you intend to actually get paid and not get your new account banned. Any business, even a sole proprietorship, can apply for a TIN (taxpayer id number) from the IRS. It's free (or at least cheap) and easy if memory serves correctly.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by CD Burnt View Post
    how did you get back in?
    by re-registering after 3 years. Same name, same bank account but only a few years wiser

I think we can't do anything in this.. may be you can contact to google support and you can ask same questions to Google. but as i know you will not get your money.

but i think if they going to suspend your account then they send you notice in advance. Have you checked your all mail and massages.

just tried out here - http://goo.gl/odQLE may be you get any good information about your issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast