AMD Opteron Budapest 1354

Hello,

I was thinking of putting together a server with these specs for a few gaming servers,

1 AMD Opteron Budapest 1354
    8 Gigs DDR2-800 ECC unbuffered Server RAM

Was wondering if this would be alright for a few public servers running source, 1.6, and maybe a few other games.

And also how many servers would be adequate to run on this?
    Are the Budapest CPU's anygood? been trying to find out some info on them but cant find any good reviews.

Thanks

I didn't think AMD processors were a good idea for srcds ...

I have found AMD to be among the best for SRCDS based games as their architecture lends itself to better time keeping and I saw a better tick and frame rate when using an Opteron rather than a Xeon. I haven't used a new AMD based server so the situation may have changed.

Though with that setup you have FAR, FAR, more memory than you will need. You will max out that CPU long before you use up that much memory. Configure your server with half that much memory and save yourself the money.

AMD is perfectly fine for game servers but there is no need for 8GB of ram as you will max out the CPU before the ram you will be fine with 4GB. I also do not suggest that opteron CPU as it isn't very good.