Thread: Trademarking?

Trademarking?

My Business Partner and I currently running a small hosting company which has begun to grow and looking to trademark our business.

We have purchased the relative domains and have been to wipo.int to check for availability and pricing for the trademark. The fee for covering ourselves is around £3000 which is a lot for us. We are willing to pay for our protection but are wondering how other people dealt with this cost as a start-up business?

Thanks Mark

As far as im aware not alot of companies have trademarked there names.

Quote Originally Posted by Dediwebspace View Post
    As far as im aware not alot of companies have trademarked there names.
    We are in the process of trademarking ours at this time, but I wouldn't consider it a startup cost for a business. As was already stated here, Trademarking is not something that's widely done at the very beginning of your business. That money is better spent on technology/process development.

Once your name is widely known (and increasingly susceptible to hijacking), I would recommend spending the money to trademark.
    E Solutions by WOW! Business
    Collocation, DR, VMWare Hosting in our Data Centers
    SSAE-16 Type II Certified with locations in Tampa, FL and Columbus, OH
    Call Now! 813-301-2600

During the start-up period, we merely protected our name by registering virtually every possible domain name variant of our company name. Registering a trademark comes a bit later on for us.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Thanks for the advice, as we already have the domains we can sort out a trademark as the need arises.