Chicago Located Servers

I have have a client that wants a servers in chicago and I am determined to look for a good stable network with good caring support to purchase from -- I plan to use this dedicated server for game hosting.

I am looking for something with at least....
    2GB RAM
    80GB Hard Drive
    1500GB Monthly Bandwidth

I would really like an P4 2.8HT but I just need something strong enough to run a few servers on their. My budget limit line is $135 a month. If you host servers in chicago, or know a good stable solid network you would recommend I'm all ears! Just contact me! PM ME or E-mail Frimon86 -@- Hotmail.com

Also what do you think about fasthost?

I reccomend SharkTECH.net for something like that.
    Linux/Windows Technician
    JCulpin [at] Gmail.com

FDCServers
    SteadFast
    AS395558

For a 'good stable network' you want something like Steadfast, not FDC or Sharktech.

You need quality bandwidth for gaming, not cogent.

FDC has a poor network as far as I am concerned, plus their out of my budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimon86
    My budget limit line is $135 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    For a 'good stable network' you want something like Steadfast, not FDC or Sharktech.

You need quality bandwidth for gaming, not cogent.
    Mind making a suggestion on a provider?

I would be interested as to why your customer wants the server in chicago... As far as I am concerned, it does not really matter since most dedicated server providers do not allow access to the datacenter to their customers.

I think you've mis read my thread.

My customer wants this location and I have been personally looking at chicago locations latley before he even asked and since hes making a nice order I want to go ahead and try it, right now I only offered cali and tx locations but some of his members are in new york and even ca and in tx they didnt get as good pings as they would on a chiacgo server so that is why -- keep in mind these are game servers and no he woulndt come into the datacenter to visit, just a closer location to him and his members for a better ping.

I ended up going with Stargate.com -- very nice people over their and Im going to order as soon as I get this new game server control panel license.

Mind making a suggestion on a provider?
    I did - steadfast My friend is with them and has been very happy.

I ended up going with Stargate.com
    Cool - we're actually thinking of picking up a box with them too. Let us know how that turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    I did - steadfast My friend is with them and has been very happy.

Cool - we're actually thinking of picking up a box with them too. Let us know how that turns out.
    Sorry about that I didn't see it their, my fauly. Yeah Stargate.com seems like a really strong hosting provider and to be frank, Im very exited in signing up with them -- their awsome. I dont normally post reviews about hosting companys or even have, just tips on people who are seeking but I dont see a problem in droping by in the webhosting forum and creating a thread about them within a month or so.

Thanks again for the suggest, however, I think StarGate.com will be my best bet for right now and or forever.

i am very happy with steadfast.net for my game servers, network outperforms internap imo, service is stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimon86
    FDC has a poor network as far as I am concerned, plus their out of my budget.
    You have to just keep looking....Chicago offers many Great Networks for lower budgets than FDC.

Steadfast is considered the best in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by music
    You have to just keep looking....Chicago offers many Great Networks for lower budgets than FDC.

Steadfast is considered the best in Chicago.
    I have had my ins and outs with FDC servers and a long long time ago like two years ago when their prices were at a good ground level -- unlike now, I purchased a server and they screwed up my cpanel but then again it was my FIRST dedicated server ever and I was in love with them all so I let that issue blow by but they fixed it immideitly however my server was on and off so I left them. Now theyve booted prices and one of the worst networks out their in my eye.

Thanks for the steadfast recommendation, everyone around here seems to be recommending them.