View Poll Results: Is their plan worth $100/month?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 14.29%
  • No

24 85.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    If you say "stay away from affiliate sites", and WHS is your buddy here, then you must be very wrong. WHS's so-called "Top 10" list are are actually advertistments and the links, if I'm not wrong, it is also an affiliate link. WHS's reviews are not verified, so personally I'll trust WHT more than WHS, as WHS just does some "automated" measures to prevent false reviews, however, there are still plenty.
    I gree that WebHostingStuff does have affiliate links in their Top 10 (And Paid Links) their customer reviews are for the most part pretty honest. If you have a smaller site, (even without an affiliate program) you still can get the same features as the paid sites) Even though I will admit that it would not be hard for for me to create some fake .co.cc sites and e-mail addresses and use them to push up the ratings but I am not like that.

Okay, thats a nice defination. But regarding high uptime, without at least a year of proven track record, its hard to determind if the uptime is good or not.
    I agree, also keep in mind where the Uptime reports are comming from, ANY site can post a message saying that they have 99.99 uptime, however they will refuse to validate the numbers with an external source.

One host I used in the past said 99.97 uptime, however I found that false since the server constantly got DDoS'ed for days at a time. The host did not use any external uptime service

I just started using WebHostingStuff's Uptime tracker, and over the past 12 days, I am at 100%. I also use 2 other uptime services. However they do not offer any graphs or logos I can place on my site.

In my case if something goes down, I am paged, called and even my Alarm Clock goes off (No Joke)

Okay, thats a nice defination. But regarding high uptime, without at least a year of proven track record, its hard to determind if the uptime is good or not.
    It also depends upon which server you are testing uptime for. Just because the main server that is used to run the host's website is up 100% of the time definitely does not mean that all the clients websites are as well.

Although the price is cheap for what you get, it still doesn't fit in a shared environment in my eyes. Sure 100 GB for one account should be fine on most configureations, but you are paying $1/GB space $0.10/GB bandwidth. I can't imagine there'd be many of you on the server.

Also, once you need that much space, it'd probably already have been more profitable to be on a VPS already.

Quote Originally Posted by dotRoot View Post
    Although the price is cheap for what you get, it still doesn't fit in a shared environment in my eyes. Sure 100 GB for one account should be fine on most configureations, but you are paying $1/GB space $0.10/GB bandwidth. I can't imagine there'd be many of you on the server.

Also, once you need that much space, it'd probably already have been more profitable to be on a VPS already.
    That's a good point. I didn't really consider the fact that some people would choose to use a VPS instead.

I'd go with a very high end managed VPS or a low-mid end dedicated server with that budget.

Yea but a lot of low-end dedicated servers for just $100 would be unmanaged and most people looking for reseller accounts don't know how to manage a server.

I would lean more towards the high-end VPS/Hybrid instead then. With a $100 budget, you would get a pretty nice VPS node hosted on some quality hardware, probably fully managed as well. I can suggest Wiredtree as an example.

it's too expensive .., You can get a Vps with this Price

Vps With Cpanel and High Space-Bandwith Else

My opinion, if your paying that much for a reseller, your an idiot. You should go high-end VPS or low/mid range Dedi.
    Sean Marvin, Owner and Operator of Cross Industries, LLC
    Cross Industries - Affordable Technology Solutions
    --> http://www.crossindustries.net
    My E-Mail? marvin_s@x-ind.com Phone? +1 (843) 879-8293

Quote Originally Posted by Schmarvin View Post
    My opinion, if your paying that much for a reseller, your an idiot. You should go high-end VPS or low/mid range Dedi.
    that's Right Schmarvin

You Can Get a Fully managed VPS in liquidweb with less than Price

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    If that wasn't oversold, their uptime was as promised and their support was good then it isn't that expensive.

If its just another overselling host that will boot you once you've used 50GB, then it's expensive.
    I second to this.

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    I agree, also keep in mind where the Uptime reports are comming from, ANY site can post a message saying that they have 99.99 uptime, however they will refuse to validate the numbers with an external source.
    Yes thats very true. Personally I won't trust an uptime report from an unknown source..

I just started using WebHostingStuff's Uptime tracker, and over the past 12 days, I am at 100%. I also use 2 other uptime services. However they do not offer any graphs or logos I can place on my site.
    WHS's uptime tracker is for your company's main site only, nothing else. Doesn't really prove anything IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by StartYourServer View Post
    It also depends upon which server you are testing uptime for. Just because the main server that is used to run the host's website is up 100% of the time definitely does not mean that all the clients websites are as well.
    Well, some companies like Panopta, Hyperspin & Pingdom monitors the WHOLE server, so it monitors the servers' uptime instead of the host's site only.

I like what Hyperspin is doing, it proves clearly if the host is only monitoring one server(that may be load balanced without anything else installed to maximize uptime) or many many else. Companies like KnownHost is an excellent example!(they have 100+ servers monitored with HS, and excellent uptime shown)

Link: http://www.hyperspin.com/en/ranking.php

Is the original post in reference to Mosso?

Personally, I don't think Mosso is worth quite $100 a month, but it is still a nice system.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

No it's most certainly not worth $100 a month, if your looking for non-oversold options you may not get the same bandwidth but you should be able to get something similar a hell of a lot cheaper.

Just to put this into perspective $100 a month will get you a decent entry level dedi with around the same features.
    ServerDaemon | Affordable, Quality Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by flock09 View Post
    I second to this.
    Where did this 50 GB Imaginary Limit come from? Ii realize thats how a few hosts pull the wool over your eyes, but not all of them

ye, i must agree, its way to much.

sean

I would never pay that much as you can get plans like this or half that price elsewhere and unmetered really just means you can use as much as you want so long as you don't use to much

Where did this 50 GB Imaginary Limit come from? Ii realize thats how a few hosts pull the wool over your eyes, but not all of them
    Whatever hosts those people are using, they need to leave. If a host will boot you after 50GB then you might as well never consider them.

$100 for a reseller account? That sounds way out of line. You can get your own server for that so why get a reseller account?

That's a good point. I didn't really consider the fact that some people would choose to use a VPS instead.
    On a VPS for $100/month it would likely be fully managed with a large amount of ram and CPU that would make it comparable to a medium-grade dedicated server and would also likely include features you couldn't get on a $100 dedicated server such as Raid10.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Also, I vote - no. It is too expensive, I will get dedicated server with better specifications.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

I found a hosting company with the below features for one of their reseller hosting plans. They offer 24/7 live chat and helpdesk support. Tell me if you think their plan is worth $100/month.

FEATURES:

Disk Space: 100 GB
    Bandwidth: 1000 GB
    No, you mine as well get a quality VPS and it would be cheaper.

I would never ever ever ever pay that, you gotta be kidding me. You can get a decent server for that price.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    I would never ever ever ever pay that, you gotta be kidding me. You can get a decent server for that price.

It would be a bit Low end, but still better then this plan (120 GB Space and 1 GB - 2 GB RAM)
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast