Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow Awesome colocation provider in 56 Marietta?

Hi,

I'm now looking for a good colocation provider in Atlanta. The servers will be doing mostly software VoIP so it's important that they have premiumish bandwidth (Currently use Peer1 but they are not available at 56 for colo), and I'm looking to start with 50mbps and half cabinet. Once things start rolling, bandwidth & space will grow so I need to be in a scaleable environment.

Now, I'm not actively looking for this following option, but is there a service where the staff would help me setup MY equipment at the colo? For example, the servers get shipped there, and then I get 'em to rack 'em and stack 'em, do the cabling, maybe OS installs and then leave it to remote management?

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
    where the staff would help me setup MY equipment at the colo? For example, the servers get shipped there, and then I get 'em to rack 'em and stack 'em, do the cabling
    To the best of my knowledge, that's a pretty standard service, but definitely worth asking to each provider you talk to.
    Michael G ★ Sharktech - DDOS Protected Servers ★ 20 years in business
    Bare Metal Dedicated Servers ★ Public and Private Cloud ★ Colocation ★ VPS ★ DDOS Protection ★ IP Transit
    Amsterdam ★ Chicago ★ Denver ★ Los Angeles
      0 Not allowed!

Shoot Ryan from WireSix an email... They should be able to help you

They use InterNAP, Mzima, and Savvis for bandwidth.

sales [@] wiresix [.] com
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL
      0 Not allowed!

I believe www.totalserversolutions.com just started up their own DC there.
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    Shoot Ryan from WireSix an email... They should be able to help you

They use InterNAP, Mzima, and Savvis for bandwidth.

sales [@] wiresix [.] com
    Isn't WireSix in the AtlantaNAP w/ GNAX Silver?

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseOne View Post
    Isn't WireSix in the AtlantaNAP w/ GNAX Silver?
    They just got a second location in 56 Marrietta...
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL
      0 Not allowed!

Hrm, seems GNAX/AtlantaNAP customers are moving out (TSS/Wiresix)...

www.togglebox.com
      0 Not allowed!

That is correct, we won't be neighbors anymore Matt

We have leased the 21st floor of 55 Marietta street, In regards to our network, it is very different at the new location. We have hundreds of stands of fiber direct to many carriers. We also have direct connectivity to the 56 Marietta MMR as well as a POP in the 55 Marietta MMR. It is correct we do also have GNAX Silver (separate network) transit at our AtlantaNAP location but that will be terminating in August.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, great, got one contact. Any more that are geared for VoIP?
      0 Not allowed!

Theres not really anyone geared towards ISP that would be more worthy then another. What you are probably more interested in would be the network quality. That would determine the best solution for VoIP applications. We generally suggest internap for VoIP simply because call quality is important and Internap delivers pure quality bandwidth.
    Gary Simat
    Total Server Solutions - Bare Metal - Private Cloud - Managed Infrastructure - Colocation - US Based Support
    Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix - Los Angeles - Seattle - Chicago - Weehawken - New York City - Vancouver - Toronto - London - Amsterdam - Tokyo - Sydney
      0 Not allowed!

If you need something in Atlanta, contact Chris at Cyberwurx.com. They have space in both 55 and 56 Marietta. One of the best teams I have worked with. I didn't have any outage when I was there.

Hi,

I'm now looking for a good colocation provider in Atlanta. The servers will be doing mostly software VoIP so it's important that they have premiumish bandwidth (Currently use Peer1 but they are not available at 56 for colo), and I'm looking to start with 50mbps and half cabinet. Once things start rolling, bandwidth & space will grow so I need to be in a scaleable environment.

Now, I'm not actively looking for this following option, but is there a service where the staff would help me setup MY equipment at the colo? For example, the servers get shipped there, and then I get 'em to rack 'em and stack 'em, do the cabling, maybe OS installs and then leave it to remote management?

Thank you
      0 Not allowed!

and? we have customers that grow and decide to give their own thing a spin. Thats great for them and we wish them the best of luck. we all know business transitions and goes in different directions - <<removed>>

Its all good stuff and again I am sure they will do just fine and I wish them luck as friends of mine
    Last edited by sirius; 04-29-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix View Post
    That is correct, we won't be neighbors anymore Matt

We have leased the 21st floor of 55 Marietta street, In regards to our network, it is very different at the new location. We have hundreds of stands of fiber direct to many carriers. We also have direct connectivity to the 56 Marietta MMR as well as a POP in the 55 Marietta MMR. It is correct we do also have GNAX Silver (separate network) transit at our AtlantaNAP location but that will be terminating in August.
    hrmmm...wierd... you told me yesterday you guys were already full at the new location so you might be needing to keep your other cage - did you free up some space to take new clients now or add new power that you were short on?

<<removed>>
    Last edited by sirius; 04-29-2009 at 09:44 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

what is driving your need to be at 56 marietta? that is expensive floorspace - seems like you should be more interested in a quality network vs a specific site in atl? Can you shed more light on this requirement?

Hi,

Thank you
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    what is driving your need to be at 56 marietta? that is expensive floorspace - seems like you should be more interested in a quality network vs a specific site in atl? Can you shed more light on this requirement?
    I come from working directly in the carrier hotels or doing business in them. Nothing specific, but in my small mind, I think to be right at the edge rather than adding another hop. 55 Marietta still links to 56 Marietta (as a hub?) from what I know.

And yes, I do prefer quality of the bandwidth, which is why I requested more for a DC geared towards VoIP. I thought people would know that good VoIP relies on good/clean bandwidth. If you say InterNAP provides good quality, I'll be looking further.

It's just that Peer1's service was amazing for me, and I've never had downtime, or call quality issues (Savvis, ATT, Level3, and Sprint(?))
      0 Not allowed!

And yes, I do prefer quality of the bandwidth, which is why I requested more for a DC geared towards VoIP. I thought people would know that good VoIP relies on good/clean bandwidth. If you say InterNAP provides good quality, I'll be looking further.
    If you are saying Internap is not quality your sadly mistaken. There peering and network optimization via there FCP's purely speaks for itself. Based on there providers, i really dont see any standpoint for arguement, they have pretty much most of the tier 1's in most cities.
    Gary Simat
    Total Server Solutions - Bare Metal - Private Cloud - Managed Infrastructure - Colocation - US Based Support
    Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix - Los Angeles - Seattle - Chicago - Weehawken - New York City - Vancouver - Toronto - London - Amsterdam - Tokyo - Sydney
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by garysimat View Post
    If you are saying Internap is not quality your sadly mistaken. There peering and network optimization via there FCP's purely speaks for itself. Based on there providers, i really dont see any standpoint for arguement, they have pretty much most of the tier 1's in most cities.
    I think what he was trying to say was that he will look into them (and DCs that use them) further.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jpotrz View Post
    I think what he was trying to say was that he will look into them (and DCs that use them) further.
    Thank you
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you
    Ah sorry my mistake
    Gary Simat
      0 Not allowed!

All good. But I'm still looking for some more names/companies before going to town!
      0 Not allowed!

From what I've been hearing about in downtown Atlanta,it's not so much a bandwidth issue, as it is a power issue.
    NationalNet
    Hosting. Handled.

Managed Hosting | Dedicated Hosting | Atlanta Colocation
    sales@nationalnet.com
    | 888-4-NATNET | www.nationalnet.com
      0 Not allowed!

There is a number of carriers in 55 which will be cheaper then 56, now I do not endorse some of these however this is just a quick list:

Tulix
    Cyberwurx
    Colo at 55
    JT Communications
    Nationalnet
    Zconnect

Over in 56 you could pay a bit more using Switch & data, telx or any of the other carriers over there.
    Gary Simat
      0 Not allowed!

I come from working directly in the carrier hotels or doing business in them. Nothing specific, but in my small mind, I think to be right at the edge rather than adding another hop. 55 Marietta still links to 56 Marietta (as a hub?) from what I know.

It's just that Peer1's service was amazing for me, and I've never had downtime, or call quality issues (Savvis, ATT, Level3, and Sprint(?))

your not adding an extra hop - most of the guys in 56 or 55 or elsewhere are all connecting at layer2 anyway and the ms latency introduced from 5 miles or 500 feet is not noticeable or measureable for your purposes.

If you are doing voip you will want to find out if anyone is using route optimization that takes voip issues into account and optimizes specifically for that. ask for references for their voip customers that use the service.

I only know of one that looks specifically at voip ports for optimization to that type of traffic in atlanta.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by garysimat View Post
    There is a number of carriers in 55 which will be cheaper then 56, now I do not endorse some of these however this is just a quick list:

Tulix
    Cyberwurx
    Colo at 55
    JT Communications
    Nationalnet
    Zconnect

Over in 56 you could pay a bit more using Switch & data, telx or any of the other carriers over there.
    I dont think national net has colo in 55 - just offices.
    I dont think JT provides bandwdwidth - just space and cross connects - so they would have to get somone to connect to.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hesser View Post
    From what I've been hearing about in downtown Atlanta,it's not so much a bandwidth issue, as it is a power issue.
    and fuel storage issue for proper backups. did you guys move out of 56 yet?

power was an issue for us as well for moving out.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast