Hybrid View

Web Hosting as a business

Just want to ask you guys what is your opinion on this it is for my thesis.

What is Web Hosting as a Business and its role in the Internet.

Please help Thanks in advance!

I think the role on the Internet part is pretty self explanatory. Isn't it pretty much the backbone of the internet? Without professional hosting companies I doubt we'd be anywhere today.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Web Host Placement in Business Universe

So many analogies but more like stacks in a library, the hosting company is akin to an intelligent warehouse.
    NCC provides merger & acquisition services to Web Hosting firms. 239-458-2468
    http://www.com-broker.com

Read my M&A Blog at the WHIR

Like Reyox says, it's a major major part of the Internet. Webhosts are responsible for housing and delivering the Internet's content. Without webhosts, well the Internet would just be a bunch of useless wires and this forum wouldn't exist. Yikes!

There are a many different types of web pages and consequently many different types of webhosting businesses. You are definitely in the right place to read about the ins and outs of webhosting directly from the source, but I suggest you get crammin' soon if you are writing a thesis paper!

Good luck with it.
    You Might Be Wasting $$Thousands! - We Will Help You Plan For The Long Term - Save $$Thousands!

Are You Getting The Right Equipment? - Never Get Fooled By Pushy Sales Reps Again. Use Our New Streamlined Equipment Selection Service

I think it allows creativities for small business owner. It level the playing fields. Now more people are able to create their own websites.

The ARE the Internet.

they make up the Internet. without a server to host you'll have no place for a domain and content to reside...

without hosting companies that are up 24/7/365 - and properly monitored and maintained, the internet falls apart...

so make sure you deal with hosting companies which will keep the Internet - the Internet!

Put that in your thesis!

Your doing a thesis so your obviously in college. Being in college I'm sure you do a lot of surfing on the Internet. Every time you go to a website, that website is hosted someplace. Hosting is where every site/file is stored for viewing on the Internet, so it plays a pretty important role I'd say.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

do you know why I love web hosting business? because it will exist as long as Internet exists, thus fo-re-ver

Quote Originally Posted by hanber
    do you know why I love web hosting business? because it will exist as long as Internet exists, thus fo-re-ver
    Amen! I enjoy this business. I help a growing community, I make money doing it, and companies make money hosting with me. In a way we support a growing economy.
    Atech St. Louis - Web Hosting - Website builder - 24/7 Support
    Dads In Distress - Dads helping Dads in Distress

Its role on the internet is to keep the websites up online. Without hosting you wouldn't see any websites.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_field
    Its role on the internet is to keep the websites up online. Without hosting you wouldn't see any websites.
    right you are, and this is why we are all here