Canadian Looking For Reseller Host and Have ???

Hi

Thanks for looking over and giving your suggestions and answers.

Looking for a Canadian reseller host so I may host my own sites only.(live in Canada)

Will be majority Wordpress sites but some sites may have html pages mixed in.

Guess looking at 20GB storage and 200GB bandwidth.
    Would that hold 5-8 small wordpress sites?

If five sites that would mean each would have 40GB bandwidth?(Yes some less some more - just ballpark average for my head to understand.)

How much do bots suck up of that? And ftp'ing? If showing Youtube feed video does that suck bandwidth? So I be left with what...30 or less for real human traffic?

How much traffic would that be if let's say visiter went to 10 pages/post? (Just rough ballparking so I can grasp, understand.)

Have googled Canadian resellers and now my mind is boggled.

The price for 20GB 200GB ranges from (1year) $8. - $35 and some are 10GB or 15Gb for $25 month. Finding big price differences for same GB numbers - what should I be looking out for (things cut ) and things it must have?

What CPU allowance allowed should I be looking for?

Whew, lots of questions but many questions I guess can be rolled into one or few short answers.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

How much do bots suck up of that? That depends.
    And ftp'ing? That shouldn't use much bandwidth with a Wordpress site
    If showing Youtube feed video does that suck bandwidth? Only the HTML code will use bandwidth, the rest will come from YouTube.

I'd go with CrocWeb. The only problem I had was when they came under a massive DDoS attack, but they quickly bounced back and moved their servers to Montreal where they're DDoS protected.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Quote Originally Posted by LittleApps-Nick View Post
    I'd go with CrocWeb. The only problem I had was when they came under a massive DDoS attack, but they quickly bounced back and moved their servers to Montreal where they're DDoS protected.
    Thank you for the recommendation. Our servers always remained in Montreal, however we implemented network protection to mitigate the attacks.
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

Thanks

Thanks LittleApps-Nick for your answers. Enjoying your littleapps, while waiting for the other questions answered.

Crocweb.com
    webx.net
    hostabulous.com

I use all of them above. happy with them all

I've been using Netelligent for years (7+ now) with minimal issues although they spun off their Shared/Reseller hosting to a new brand https://www.citeglobe.ca/en/

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Quote Originally Posted by APX View Post
    Crocweb.com
    webx.net
    hostabulous.com

Thanks for your recommendation.

@OP If you have any questions feel free to contact us
    Hostabulous 🔗 cPanel (Cloudlinux) & Plesk (Windows DC 2016) Hosting 🔗 R1Soft CDP backups
    No Gimmicks 🍁 Proudly Canadian

Hi

I am going to recommend the company I use which is http://www.rackandswitch.com/ (French site is https://www.hebergementwebduquebec.com/ though they will be switching over to QtelMedia.Ca)

Been trusting them to host my businesses for many years - will be getting my internet service off them too soon once they start offering that service

If you contact them I am sure the owner will help you out and maybe even put a package together for you based on your needs.
    Providing WHMCS,ClientExec,Blesta,Wordpress,Forum Integrations And More!
    WebsiteIntegrations.Com - We also offer Design Services and More! - WebsiteIntegrations.Com
    Order Our WHMCS Premium Integration! - WHMCSintegrations.Com

Quote Originally Posted by APX View Post
    Crocweb.com
    webx.net
    hostabulous.com

Thanks much for the info.

I am wondering why webhosts replying to my post are only thanking for being suggested and not answering my post questions, when they should be in the know, to help with understanding? Mmmmm

The one in the middle is 3x more - what do you get for the more $ ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HotIce View Post
    I am wondering why webhosts replying to my post are only thanking for being suggested and not answering my post questions
    To get their signatures in the thread?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Well its not about signatures only, hah, we had a customer today that asked exactly all your questions, so I was thinking it was you OP.
    Hostabulous 🔗 cPanel (Cloudlinux) & Plesk (Windows DC 2016) Hosting 🔗 R1Soft CDP backups
    No Gimmicks 🍁 Proudly Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by HotIce View Post
    I am wondering why webhosts replying to my post are only thanking for being suggested and not answering my post questions, when they should be in the know, to help with understanding? Mmmmm
    It also shows that they are up to speed with their customers. Sometimes people will post problems they're having here on WHT and complain the provider won't help before even considering to contact their provider. This way the provider can help workout the issue before the customer starts complaining that the provider did nothing. But as stated above, it also helps them get their name out there and with their SEO.

As far as the prices go, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen some Canadian shared hosting providers (yes, shared hosting) that charge upwards of $1000/month, when you can pay alot less for someone like CrocWeb and get better service. I guess it's like going to a store , you can spend more money on a brand name or spend less on a no name brand. I wonder if the brand name is that much better and worth the extra money, while others will go with the brand name because its more money.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Sorry for not answering your questions but they are hard to answer. You will get different answers and yet who knows who is right.

Guess looking at 20GB storage and 200GB bandwidth. Would that hold 5-8 small wordpress sites?
    - with 20GB You can hold over a thousand sites. You can hold even one site. All depends how big they are and how much they need.
    - what kind of sites are these?

If five sites that would mean each would have 40GB bandwidth?(Yes some less some more - just ballpark average for my head to understand.)
    - are you expecting to use 40GB of traffic. That generaly is a pretty good amount traffic, but once again what are you hosting?
    - if its large media files, well that will get chewed up fast.

How much do bots suck up of that?
    - very at a time also depends how often they at hitting your site

And ftp'ing?
    - all depends how much your using and how large files are.

If showing Youtube feed video does that suck bandwidth?
    -nope thats youtube

See how vague my answers are. its almost impossible to answer.
    Most sites i host are small and low traffic, but there is a few that hold more data and get a lot of more traffic

Do you know what kind of sites you are hosting?
    Do you know how big the files are?
    Do you know how much traffic you are going to get?

It would be me telling you that a car drove very fast down my street, and then asking you how fast it went.

I am not trying to be rude or insensitive at all. Your asking us something that is hard to answer with very little info from you.

Thanks APX

Thumbs up to you APX - thank-you.

You're post is not at all being rude or insensitive.
    I respect your post - and you. Trust.

You gave information what I need to know, understand. Makes it tons easier now going out finding and talking with web-hosts.

Thank-you, I and I expect other readers appreciate your time replying and giving your thoughts and asking questions back.

Thank you. Im glad your weren't offended

To be honest i dont know how I gave you valuable info, but im glad i did

if you have an idea what site you will be hosting that helps.

Most of my clients use 1GB to 8GB of traffic
    and data ranges from 50MB to 1GB

To me that is low, to some 40GB of traffic may be low but its also what type of hosting are you doing.

Regardless, Im glad I was able to help you.