* Is it important to list my site on DMOZ? And is there any fast way?

i am trying to list my site on DMOZ for last few years but failed. is it too much important? I am being tired of doing submission again and again but every time it fails. What's the reason? Are they looking for something different? Or there is some error with my procedure? Anyone can suggest better ideas?
      0 Not allowed!

maybe your site is worthless spam that no one wants to read

(throw money at them)
      0 Not allowed!

Just forget dmoz. Try to submit your site to other quality directories.
    PlotHost - Secure Web Hosting Plans - Since 2008
    Shared and Reseller Plans | 24x7 Technical Support
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PlotHost-Max View Post
    The only other high quality directory is the Yahoo Directory which charges $300 just to be listed. You could look into local directories or another alternative is to have a 500+ word article written containing links to your website and have it submitted to article directories.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software
      0 Not allowed!

This is not necessary to get listed in dmoz.But your page will rank better if you can list your site in dmoz.You can check for other good directories like yahoo directory.It will cost you around 300$.Do not waste your time behind dmoz if you are getting rejected repeatedly.
      0 Not allowed!

@quantumphysics: May be you are right that my website is worthless but not a spam...:-) I am not sure that is it legal to post the link of my site here so i avoid but sent you a message with my site.

I tried for last few years but failed so it becomes a challenge to me. Hope they will list me before i die.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PlotHost-Max View Post
    How would u say this stupid comment ? You know what If Google is not able to read or some reasons if Google does not find the meta description of your website/any webpage then it 1st try to find is your website listed in Dmoz or not ? iF Listed then it carry the mets description from Dmoz.

So its very necessary to be listed in Dmoz. And no any faster process to be listed t here. Just write a unique meta description and try again.
      0 Not allowed!

i am not sure if Dmoz is accepting submissions any more. I am submitting my 1 website 2 year before its not accepted
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eliza189 View Post
    How would u say this stupid comment ? You know what If Google is not able to read or some reasons if Google does not find the meta description of your website/any webpage then it 1st try to find is your website listed in Dmoz or not ? iF Listed then it carry the mets description from Dmoz.

So its very necessary to be listed in Dmoz. And no any faster process to be listed t here. Just write a unique meta description and try again.

I don't think that is true. Google a lot of the time takes text from your website not always the META description tag. I'm not one hundred percent on this but I'm also pretty sure that it doesn't take your description from DMOZ.
      0 Not allowed!

DMOZ is not listing my site

Hi Guys,

I have submitted my site in DMOZ one month back but seems like they haven't acknowledge that.
    And apart from DMOZ and Yahoo what are the other reputed directories?

Any suggestions?

Max
    Webmaster
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bus***** View Post
    i am trying to list my site on DMOZ for last few years but failed. is it too much important? I am being tired of doing submission again and again but every time it fails. What's the reason? Are they looking for something different? Or there is some error with my procedure? Anyone can suggest better ideas?
    Don't be frustrate there are millions of other people as like you. its very good to submit list your site on Dmoz but there are more quality directory like dmoz. so do submission on these sites. and always use attractive description while submitting directory on these sites.hopefully you got it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HintonHost View Post
    I'm not one hundred percent on this but I'm also pretty sure that it doesn't take your description from DMOZ.
    I thought that too but having done some checking it appears that Google can use the Dmoz entry if it can't find anything else.
    But these seems a small point because it is so easy just to have a meta description in place.
      0 Not allowed!

I have tried that hard submit with Dmoz before and had totally give up. It is better to spend your time to submit to other directories.
      0 Not allowed!

Dmoz listing is quite important as it is completely human edited website and it takes time to approve your listing. Choose relevant category with geographic location. This is the best way to get listed.
      0 Not allowed!

I last submitted about a year ago, and have just tried again.
    Perhaps I will leave it another year and then have another go, because I have no reason to believe I will have any more chance than before. The reason? No-one is editing the category I have submitted to.
      0 Not allowed!

I honestly doubt the validity of comments that state that DMOZ is of dire importance, or even that it's REALLY needed *at least for everyone*. That said, it's good to get on the list.. though I will say, it often takes forever to get on it. Just wait patiently. If you're accepted you'll know it.
      0 Not allowed!

It is important to submit your site in DMOZ but not essential.If you are refused by every attempt then leave that and try to index it in Google,Bing and other search engine and other high page rank sites where you will be able to get a good value of your site.Social bookmarking sites like Squidoo and Technorati are also very helpful to upgrade your page rank.
      0 Not allowed!