Smart Vault - anyone had any experiences?

I'm working with a company who's got a client in the financial industry, and they have the need to share sensitive information with their clients (its a CPA firm).

One of my colleagues discovered Smart Vault, but I haven't heard of it before nor do I trust most review sites (some of them can be "bribed" or hold conflicts of interest). So I come here to the WHT community for straight-forward non-conflicting opinions & expertise.

Has anyone ever used the Smart Vault service before? If so could you shed light on any experiences?

Additionally, does anyone know of alternative services which would allow for custom permissions securing files so clients couldn't access documents outside of their own permissions systems? Ideally it would offer a butter smooth web interface that doesn't require training to use, and all points of security from the datacenter, to the application, to the transfer of data would be encrypted. Availability is also a concern, I would prefer a solution that's on a very reputable cloud architecture with a solid, reliable server stack.

Ideas, feedback, and reviews? Greatly appreciated friends.

You means you want to save credit card information by using those service?
    If the answer is yes, I recommend some service like PayPal and google wallet that you can save all credit card information securely and use them with PayPal api when you want charge them.
    See this:https://developer.paypal.com/docs/in...a-credit-card/

No, no payment information. It's a CPA. You're handling balance sheets, quarterly statements, tax returns, and so on. Not eCommerce.

They require a cloud-based file repository with permissions that allow clients to access only their own files. But because it is financial, it has to be heavily encrypted through a provider they can trust. Services known for being hacked, or being plagued with service outages would be a no-go for them.

We're a SmartVault reseller and I can validate it is a secure service. The files are encrypted while stored and during transfer. Also the sensitive tax info that comes from the tax prep software is encrypted separately (e.g. encrypted PDF). Not perfect security, but this setup far exceeds the requirements for all CPAs in the USA. It's also far better than sending unencrypted PDFs via email which was the norm only a few years ago.

The CPAs that use Intuit Lacerte for tax prep are switching to SmartVault from their existing doc mgmt system. Lacerte DMS has been discontinued and Intuit now recommends SmartVault as a viable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by punch-ur-soul View Post
    We're a SmartVault reseller and I can validate it is a secure service. The files are encrypted while stored and during transfer. Also the sensitive tax info that comes from the tax prep software is encrypted separately (e.g. encrypted PDF). Not perfect security, but this setup far exceeds the requirements for all CPAs in the USA. It's also far better than sending unencrypted PDFs via email which was the norm only a few years ago.

The CPAs that use Intuit Lacerte for tax prep are switching to SmartVault from their existing doc mgmt system. Lacerte DMS has been discontinued and Intuit now recommends SmartVault as a viable alternative.
    Thanks for the insight. Had a client (CPA) that needed some secure way to send/receive files and SmartVault is what was chosen. Silly goose hasn't used it yet but it looks like a reasonably well thought out system.

That means you want to save credit card information this is really tough task. You must use secure and reliable provider. I never heard about SmartVault so please first check its review.