What type of antivirus does your isp provide ?

This was question off the top of my head.. I have comcast my self they provide norton antivirus. Let me know your thoughts on the antivirus and if you use it or not ?
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

BT provide McAffee and I didn't install it but use MalwareBytes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeekchris View Post
    if you use it or not ?
    If you use AV full stop, or if you use what your ISP throws in? I hope there's nobody in the former group.

ISP no idea but my bank account gives me a Kaspersky subscription which is much appreciated.

BT
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Mike View Post
    My ISP (Eclipse) don't provide any security software AFAIK

I run avast with mbam and qfx key scrambler. Great lil combo
    Last edited by EthernetServers; 08-22-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by LC Mike View Post
    Malwarebytes is one of my favorites as well

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    If you use AV full stop, or if you use what your ISP throws in? I hope there's nobody in the former group.

ISP no idea but my bank account gives me a Kaspersky subscription which is much appreciated.
    Av I hear is another top one I've heard some good things about it

Quote Originally Posted by ES - George View Post
    BT

My ISP (Eclipse) don't provide any security software AFAIK

I run avast with mbam and qfx key scrambler. Great lil combo
    That bites hey atleast we got those free ones out there I like your combo very smart choice.
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

My ISP doesn't provide anti-virus as well. I had to research the best software based on what I do most on my computer. Avast hasn't let me down yet in terms of protecting my PC.

For a while I was using Avast, it never let me down. I just hated when I was watching something with loud volume....scared me all the time!

However, nowadays I have been using MSE, because I don't trust the Norton my ISP provides.

I didnt get recommended any with talktalk but I've always used either avast! or AVG.

I've got Virgin Media Fibre, and they offer F-Secure, although I don't use any anti-virus, I just run on a limited user account!

Hi there,

I'm currently with BT also and I'm unsure what virus protection they have. I use avast too as not only it's free, it's also very good in my opinion. I've used avast since version 4.8 when it had the 2 blue balls. One for the anti-virus, the other I think is the database. Not sure.

cheap hoesting

This was question off the top of my head.. I have comcast my self they provid AVG antivirus.

For years what ever my ISP has provided for software I have completely stayed away from. All I want from them is service not software. Running a Mac I still have the option of simply hooking up to the modem and not downloading anything from Comcast. From what a tech told me is that I was lucky, Windows users were forced to use their software. Not sure if it is the same for all providers or not.

I believe what they are installing on your computer is spyware.
    This article tells you how to remove it but it does not explain for what version of Windows.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2252597_remo...e-from-pc.html
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated
    24/7 Support Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM

For years what ever my ISP has provided for software I have completely stayed away from. All I want from them is service not software. Running a Mac I still have the option of simply hooking up to the modem and not downloading anything from Comcast. From what a tech told me is that I was lucky, Windows users were forced to use their software. Not sure if it is the same for all providers or not.

I believe what they are installing on your computer is spyware.
    This article tells you how to remove it but it does not explain for what version of Windows.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2252597_remo...e-from-pc.html
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated
    24/7 Support Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeekchris View Post
    This was question off the top of my head.. I have comcast my self they provide norton antivirus. Let me know your thoughts on the antivirus and if you use it or not ?
    In regards to the opening thread, my ISP provides Norton Antivirus as well but it's only for 1 device. I look at it as free and that it's just an additional bonus to the service that I pay for. I've always liked Norton because it's simple and easy to use. Years past it used to be a resource hog but recently they have improved on it and it no longer bogs down my cpu.
    There are many places you can go to Make an Email Address that is reliable and secure.
    Check our registration prices if you are looking to Buy A Domain Name with 24/7 service that's second-to-none.

I have ESET NOD32 antivirus but it's not from my ISP.

We have frontier now. No idea what they provide. I don't use any 'security software'. However, I do periodic checks using various services. The only threats they find is my research bin (the "hack" tools that people have tried to use on my sites) & the bluescreen screensaver. THe only other hits ive ever had was before I had thunderbird delete the Spam box on exit.

I don't remember what Comcast had, but I did the self install so I didnt have to use their browser hijack. The few times I've had issues, tech support tried to get me to install the comcast app off their site. I told them it doesn't run in linux (even though I was using windows) and later in the call they told me my account was in soft-disconnect due to a billing error.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

In my country, Tata Indicom provides Kaspersky as antivirus on monthly subscription basis with postpay connection.