any review of veggiehost.com

I see the vps plan there is cheaper .I wanna buy one,but I don't know the vps's performance,thank you very much
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

Same here...
    SETRAHOST.COM - Web hosting that you can not only rely on, but also afford.
    • NVMe SSD Storage • cPanel • DirectAdmin • Free SSL • LiteSpeed • imunify360
    • Daily Backups • 30 Day Money Back • 99.99% Uptime Guarantee • 24/7 Support

I see the vps plan there is cheaper
    It is cheaper, but these prices are for unmanaged servers without cPanel.

Not so good veggiehost experience

Hello guys, just want to share with you my experience with them.

I found out about them two months ago at the VPS advertising forum. Their packages where really good because it's very cheap considering the amount of memory and disk space they are giving. Not to mention, the designer's pack which any starting web designer would want. So I decide to give them a try and see what happens.

I signed up and waited for about 11hrs before I got my welcome message. Very excited, I logged in as root via ssh. After executing "screen" command, the console started giving me "-bash: fork: Cannot allocate memory". I immediately signed up submitted a ticket in their kayako support system. After more than an hour of waiting, they replied and said they adjusted a few variables in their VPS configuration. That fixed the problem.

The next days I configured the VPS and transfered my files. Setup a backup system and a CVS repository for my projects. I had few problems which I am responsible of. I submitted two tickets for server reboot and they replied 5 and 6hrs after respectively.

Last Nov. 17, I receive an invoice from them:
    Hello ******,

This is a notice that your invoice 114 has been generated for services by Veggie Hosting on 2006/11/17.

-------------------------
    Total Due: $13.99 Due Date: 2006/11/18
    -------------------------

Your payment method is: CC Batch

Please click log into our billing system here:
    http://www.veggiehost.com/modernbill/
    and login with the following info, to pay for your invoice.

Username: *******
    Password: *******

Your VPS will be suspended until further notice if we do not receive any payments within 3 days.
    Thank you,

Veggie Hosting
    http://www.veggiehost.com
    Welcome To The Worry-Free Hosting Paradise. Veggie Hosting.
    I didn't pay it when I read the email because I was too busy at that time. Unfortunately I forgot to pay it until today(almost 7days after the invoice). I then went to their modernbill site but I couldn't login. I used the forgot password but I still could not. I tried accessing my VPS via ssh and to my surprise I also could not get through. I immediately submitted a ticket and after an 1hr they replied. They said that my account was deleted because of non payment. They said "We have sent you quite a bit of reminders for the payment, however we still didn't receive any payments from you.." The truth is I only got 1 email from them w/c is the invoice email above.

Yes I did not pay immediately that is my fault. My account should be suspended. But deleting my account??? I think that is very unprofessional for me. Also, they did not even sent me an account deletion notice.

They have acknowledge that it is their fault and apologized to me and offered a blank VPS that I can use for 3 months for free as an apology. For me, even if it's a lifetime free it will still not bring back my data's and time spent configuring that server. I wouldn't dare put any of my data in there because of fear that it might get deleted again.

I guess this is a classic case of "You get what you paid for."

Lesson learned.
    "God does not exist" -- Karl Marx
    "Karl Marx does not exist" -- God

Quote Originally Posted by iandc76
    I guess this is a classic case of "You get what you paid for."
    Or what you didn't pay for

Yes I guess that's right. LOL! 7 days(or maybe less) you don't pay and they wipe out your data.

I used to have an a2b2 account and I also tend to forget paying them. Sometimes it reaches for almost month of no payment but they never deleted or at least suspend my account.
    Last edited by iandc76; 11-24-2006 at 11:42 PM.
    "God does not exist" -- Karl Marx
    "Karl Marx does not exist" -- God

I've never heard of a company just termianted your account, I've always heard maybe shutting it off, but that's a server so in this case suspending it, pretty whack. I guess, I should pay my bills on time or make sure to tell them if I don't pay my bill 7 days after, I just forgot and for them to just suspend not terminate. =]

Hi iandc76,
    We sincerely apologize for the deletion of your data. We admit It's our fault that we did not sent out an Account Deletion notification. However, an invoice was created for the following month's payment on Nov. 08, 2006. The invoice was sent to you again as a reminder on Nov. 17, 2006.
    Here is a screenshot of the invoice: http://veggiehost.com/veggieinvoice.jpg
    Again, we deeply apologize for not sending you a Deletion notice.

In the future, all of our clients will get a suspension notice if the payment is not received. If after 2 weeks, the payment is still not received, account deletion notification will be send. Any data will be kept for at least another 2 weeks before the actual deletion occurs.

iandc76, if there is anything else that we could do to make it up for you, please let us know And we will do our best to accommodate it.

Have a beautiful day!
    Veggie Team.

Well I was going to go with you, theres alot of deals right now and I couldn't let iFastHosting's good deals just slide by, I might buy another vps for testing purposes as well. But, does anyone else have reviews of this company?