Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My experience with Platinum Server Managment

I read here some reviews of Platinum Server Management and decided to sign up with them.

This has been my experience with PSM so far :

I signed up with PSM 8 days ago on 02/28/2012. Didn't receive any email from them to confirm the order. Only from paypal. I Waited an entire day and my account was not activated. After 28 hours i contacted them to know what's up and after another 3 hours they activated my account. I submitted 3 tickets with them and they fixed everything I asked them to. Than (less than 24 hours from account activation i decided to switch my server from VPS to dedicated and asked them if it's fine with them. I received the following answer from them :

"Yes the IP can be changed on your account to the new server when you have the new IP.

Thank you,
    Michelle
    Billing/Sales Representative "

Another week passed and yesterday 03/06/2012 I contacted them and asked to change the IP address. I got this in response :

"We'll go ahead and change the ip for you today"

5 hours passed and nothing happened so I contacted them again and asked if they can speed up the process. This was their response :

"This is in the supervisor's queue awaiting approval, it will be done once this has been approved. There is no need to open another ticket for the same request. We will update you once this is done"

So I didn't open another ticket. 20 more hours passed and nobody contacted me and nothing happened.

I will update when (or if) something happens
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like you just joined WHT to post this. Welcome!

Activations and ip changes are Sales requests. The Sales department is only open 9am to 5pm (this is stated on our site and in our helpdesk in the sales ticket). As soon as the Sales dept gets in today, I'm sure your sales request will be updated. These are not handled by techs, so this is not a reflection on our server management service in any way, so I am not even going to discuss this part.

As for our actual server management service, here's what you had to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by bentham View Post
    I submitted 3 tickets with them and they fixed everything I asked them to.
    This is all that matters. So I'm happy with this review

Thanks!
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 03-07-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.
      0 Not allowed!

You are very wrong if you think that all that matter in a company is the tech department (not to mention that changing IP is not necessarily a sales department issue) .

The fact is that here i am paying for a service that i am not receiving and you are telling me "so I am not even going to discuss this part". Really great service.
      0 Not allowed!

This is a SALES issue, NOT a support issue. Your ticket is in the SALES department queue, not support.

Our site says sales requests take up to 24 hours. Your request has not exceeded 24 hours. It is still completely within the timeframe that we guarantee. If it exceeds 24 hours then that's a different story, but it has not. So where is the problem? how are you not receiving service that you paid for?

If it exceeds 24 hours, then I'll gladly discuss it. But there's just nothing to discuss at this point. We said it will take up to 24 hours, and it has not been 24 hours. So what is there to discuss?

You are just being impatient and think that complaining here is going to make it get done faster, but it's not.

Again, this is a SALES issue, NOT a support issue. Your ticket is in the SALES department queue, not support.
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 03-07-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.
      0 Not allowed!

I have signed-up with PSM and belive none of ticket took more then to resolve. I am with PSM for almost now 45 days and opened almost 43 tickets till now and all are issues are responded on time and solved as requested. These guys just rock. I will now never go to another management company. This is only my personal opinion and experience what I am sharing.
      0 Not allowed!

I am just sharing my experience with other members.
    It has been over 21 hours now since the ticket was submitted.

It seems that we agree on the details so what is the problem if i let other people know about my experience. In addition, they can read your replies and decide for themselves what to think about your company and your attitude.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry if you feel that way but I do not have an attitude. I'm simply explaining that this is a SALES issue and the ticket has NOT exceeded the timeframe we guarantee, so I can't understand why you are running here to complain. You are not sharing your experience, you are complaining that about a SALES ticket even though it is LESS than the amount of time we say it can take. I'm sorry but this is not fair.

Yet again, this is a SALES issue, NOT a support issue. Your ticket is in the SALES department queue, not support.

It's like if you ship a package by UPS and they guarantee delivery by 5pm, and you call them at 2pm and complain that you package didn't get there yet. They'll tell you that the package is guaranteed by 5pm and will get there by 5pm. It's the same thing.

So if you want to share your experience, that's great, but then tell the full story. Don't just focus on a single sales ticket that has not even exceeded our guarantee!
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 03-07-2012 at 10:08 AM.

0 Not allowed!

It has been over 21 hours now since the ticket was submitted.
    Still within 24 Hours, So I dont know what you here to moan about...

Sales, billing, or any other non-support related issue is not covered under our Response and Resolution time guarantee.
    If you do not accept or understand any part or parts of our 'Terms of Service and Policies', please contact us immediately prior to signing up with our service.

By subscribing to and/or utilizing our services, you agree to accept, comply, and understand all of our 'Terms of Service and Policies' in full.
    Last edited by Server Management; 03-07-2012 at 10:15 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

In fact, i described 2 issues. First issue took over 27 hours to resolve. So if you like to stick to terms and conditions please deal with that.

Second, regardless of what your site says I don't think that an issue as simple as changing IP address should take over 22 hours (and counting...)

Third, I did not put a title to my post as "bad experience with PSM" or "PSM has bad service". I simply shared my experience. It seems that we both agree on the facts.

Even if you write in your site that sales tickets take up to 2 weeks and after one week i decide to share my experience of waiting over a week with others it is really fine. People have the right to know these things even if they are mentioned on your site as you mention. Not to mention that the first issue that i mentioned took over 27 hours to resolve.
      0 Not allowed!

There is no SLA guarantee on account activation because that is pre-sales. Again, that is not support, our SLA is for support tickets, and NONE of your tickets have exceeded our SLA guarantee.

Anyway, I'm very sorry that you aren't happy with our turnaround on SALES processes, so I think it's best if you choose another provider that has different SALES turnaround that better suits you. Apparently even though the time for the SALES issue is less than what we guarantee, it still is not good enough for you. So I'll go ahead and have your payment refunded immediately and wish you the best with another provider.

And again, this entire complaint is about a SALES issue, not a support issue. If you want to "share" your experience, then share your ENTIRE experience, not just the single SALES ticket. Here's all your support tickets too that you conveniently forget to "share":

1st support ticket: question about dns - question answered in 37 minutes
    2nd support ticket: full server setup and hardening - answered in 8 minutes, work completed in 4 hours
    3rd support ticket: error in cpanel - answered in 39 minutes, work completed in 34 minutes
    4th support ticket: question about ip change - question answered in 14 minutes

-Fin
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 03-07-2012 at 10:40 AM.

0 Not allowed!

1st support ticket: question about dns - question answered in 37 minutes
    2nd support ticket: full server setup and hardening - answered in 8 minutes, work completed in 4 hours
    3rd support ticket: error in cpanel - answered in 39 minutes, work completed in 34 minutes
    4th support ticket: question about ip change - question answered in 14 minutes
    Now that's what I was talking about as I wrote above. They are fast in issues handling even my sales experience with them is very good. Anyhow., I hope your issues get sorted asap.
      0 Not allowed!

As you can see in my original post i clearly mentioned that I had 3 tickets that were resolved (" I submitted 3 tickets with them and they fixed everything I asked them to"). So I really don't understand what is your problem.

"There is no SLA guarantee on account activation" - after i signed up for the service your site clearly mentioned I will be contacted in 24 hours. This didn't happen.

So to show us all that your service is so great you canceled my subscription for no reason at all without any prior notice, when you clearly understand that time is crucial to me, because I dared to share my experience here.

It is also important for WHT management to know that some providers punish WHT users for sharing their experience here.

I think it is something important for potential customers to know about your company - you cancel your customers subscription for no reason, without any prior notice and without them violating any of your policies.

When you choose a management company you really need a company you can trust and rely on .Apparently your company in not a company one can rely on or trust.

So, will my ticket be addressed in the 24 hours time frame you guarantee or not? Clearly your company does not honor its commitments.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know .. but why not wait just for a few hours more than 22 hours. Now you look like a whiner.
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
      0 Not allowed!

No, I am not. I was being sarcastic.
    They cancelled my subscription because I dared to describe their service here.
    P.s. it has been now 23 hours and 44 minutes since the ticket was submitted .
      0 Not allowed!

So to show us all that your service is so great you canceled my subscription for no reason at all without any prior notice, when you clearly understand that time is crucial to me, because I dared to share my experience here.
    Actually the following 2 points from the Terms of Service, which you agreed to, are why he has decided it's in the best interest of his company to give you a full refund instead of keeping you as a client:

Refusal of Service
    Platinum Server Management, Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse or cancel service. Violation of any of Platinum Server Management, Inc.'s Rules and Regulations could result in a warning, suspension, or possible account termination. Accounts may be terminated for any or no reason at all without any prior notice to the customer. Accounts terminated due to policy violations will not be refunded.

Public feedback
    We have a zero tolerance policy for posting negative feedback on any public location about our company and/or our employees before submitting a ticket to our Feedback department to discuss your issue will result in immediate account termination without any refund. Although it is your right to post feedback without discussing your issue with us first, it is undoubtedly unfair and unprofessional not to, which is not the type of client we want to deal with. We have the utmost respect for all of our clients, and are more than fair with all of our clients. We will do anything and everything possible to keep all of our clients satisfied. But in the unlikely event you are not satisfied, all that we ask is to discuss your issue with our Feedback department first. For example, if you are the type of person to run to the forums at the first chance you get to complain, please do not sign up with us. Furthermore, all of our policies that pretain to keeping information given to us confidential including but not limited to our privacy policy, confidentiality agreement, non-disclosure agreement are nullified once you discuss your experience publicly. For example, if you make a post in public, then you are waiving your protection of privacy.
      0 Not allowed!

No, I am not. I was being sarcastic.
    They cancelled my subscription because I dared to describe their service here.
    P.s. it has been now 23 hours and 44 minutes since the ticket was submitted .
    No, your account was cancelled after you decided to publicly complain and complain and complain about a SALES ticket even though it was still within the timeframe we told you it would take. You did not come here to share your experience, you came here to complain, and ironically you wound up making our point perfectly clear, that the SALES ticket was indeed still LESS than 24 hours.

Your account was already cancelled and completely refunded, so I don't know why you are still continuing to count the time.

Again, I have to stress, this was all over a SALES issue, and not a support issue.

-Fin.

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for pointing it out.

I think it is important to all potential (and current) customers of PSM to be aware of these policies prior to signing up with them.
      0 Not allowed!

When you click on "Signup Now!" you are redirected to this page, which gives every potential customer the ability to read (and is actually told to make sure he has fully read their policies) that as it's explicitly stated in the Terms of Service.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5x8G5l2y7u1C0f3v2b0R9S48.png  
      0 Not allowed!

and of course, needless to say, all users read those terms of service .

Anyhow, like I said, it is important for all to be aware of these policies and to learn from other people's experiences.

Also, due to PSM silencing policies, I am glad I had the chance to share my experience with PSM here. I am sure that there are many customers who are dependent on them and are afraid to complain and to take the risk of their account being terminated in crucial times (their terms of service say "Accounts may be terminated for any or no reason at all without any prior notice to the customer").
      0 Not allowed!

and of course, needless to say, all users read those terms of service .
    PSM clearly wants to keep the ones that did read them and act as they agreed to act and at the same time doesn't want the ones that don't. By your last post it's clear that you would have never agreed to those terms had you read them. Be happy PSM cancelled your account and refunded you, as they don't want you either for that same reason.
      0 Not allowed!

And how would you be related to PSM ?

To be honest, it would have been enough for me to see here the language and the style they (and their hidden workers) use with their customers in order not to sign up with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Really? The company was very friendly with me... yeah they're working slow but everything was professional...
      0 Not allowed!

And how would you be related to PSM ?
    Less than you are, just pointing out the facts that are clear even for an outsider.

1. You came here with complaints.
    2. A PSM-representative came here and explained what's going on and how this is something you agreed to.
    3. You complained about what he had to say to you.
    4. The PSM-representative again made it clear to you why stuff is happening the way they are and that it's according to the SLA you agreed to pay for.
    5. You kept on complaining about all the previous events.
    6. The PSM-representative for the last time made it clear that they did everything according to your SLA agreement and then told you he'd give you a refund as this is not working (neither for you, the customer, or for them, the company).
    7. You again complained, now even about the representative himself and the service they provide, which you signed up for and agreed to being what you'd want.
    Last edited by Robert vd Boorn; 03-07-2012 at 12:54 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

My concern at the moment is not about their slowness but the unpleasant way they handle problems.
    One can only imagine what attitude they have when somebody is really dependent on them. From reading their posts here it is fairly easy to guess what it would be like.
      0 Not allowed!

My concern at the moment is not about their slowness but about the unpleasant way they handle problems.
    One can only imagine what attitude they have when somebody is really dependent on them. From reading their posts here it is fairly easy to guess what it would be like.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast