Windows hosting VS Shared hsotin

What is difference between windows and shared hosting please have some words here..

shared hosting can be windows or linux based hosting.

I think you have mistaken on your Topic
    HostASP.NET offers Affordable, Reliable ASP.NET Web hosting India / USA | Linux plans, Hyper-V Virtual dedicated servers (VPS)

I think you mean dedicated vs. Shared?
    VAR Dynamics Channel Management
    Cloud Apps You Can Brand. ReadyNow.
    http://www.vardynamics.com

Shared hosting can be done on Windows based servers too , however most traditionally shared hosting is known as linux cpanel hosting or linux plesk hosting.

Windows shared hosting also comes with Plesk , hosting controller or hsphere based platform.
    || 24x7CloudServerManagement | Server Management & Technical Support ||
    || Hosting Infrastructure & Customer Service Mangement 24x7 | Cpanel Server Management ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com ||

Sori I mean Linux hosting...

Windows hosting support ASP.NET & MSSQL database.
    You should get linux hosting if your website does not use ASP.NET & MSSQL.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Windows hosting is for ms technology purpose service while linux is good for php/mysql and other open source projects. Also, linux hosting is always relatively cheap comparing to windows.

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    You should get linux hosting if your website does not use ASP.NET & MSSQL.
    I see this mentioned often, but I fully disagree.

One of the benefits of Windows hosting is you have a full Windows environment accessible via RDP, if you get a VPS or dedicated server. That alone can be helpful in maintaining sites, allowing you to download directly to the server, bypass FTP, bypass control panels, etc. I can RDP in, edit a file in Notepad, and be out again in a fraction of the time it would take most people to update their website.

Then I also have remote proxy this way, which can be useful in troubleshooting or bypassing regional restrictions by certain CDNs.

A server is more than just PHP/MySQL vs ASP/SQL.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    I see this mentioned often, but I fully disagree.

One of the benefits of Windows hosting is you have a full Windows environment accessible via RDP, if you get a VPS or dedicated server. That alone can be helpful in maintaining sites, allowing you to download directly to the server, bypass FTP, bypass control panels, etc. I can RDP in, edit a file in Notepad, and be out again in a fraction of the time it would take most people to update their website.

Then I also have remote proxy this way, which can be useful in troubleshooting or bypassing regional restrictions by certain CDNs.

A server is more than just PHP/MySQL vs ASP/SQL.
    Lol, all this can be done on Linux server too, when you have root /shell access.

It simply come down to what you need, if you need Windows go for Windows, if you need Linux go for Linux, whether shared or dedicated.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    Lol, all this can be done on Linux server too, when you have root /shell access..
    It's not really the same.
    You have to install secondary desktop environments, VNC to the desktop, etc.
    Windows is about ease of use, that's all it is.
    Linux requires more work and uses a different workflow style.

__
    Last edited by kpmedia; 10-06-2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Condensed thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    It's not really the same.
    You have to install secondary desktop environments, VNC to the desktop, etc.
    Windows is about ease of use, that's all it is.
    Linux requires more work and uses a different workflow style.

__
    Depends on the user.

For shared hosting the mentioned scenario do not come in scene.

For dedicated, again if you need Linux you most probably know why and how to use it, and if you need Windows it's not guaranteed that you know how things work on Windows.

When some one is asking the question on a public forum that OP asked, it's for sure that they don't have knowledge of such things, hence whether it is Linux or Windows both of them are Chinese for Non-Chinese.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

shared hosting is good for medium to small level websites while dedicated servers are best fit for dynamic enterprise application with thousands of hits per day.

Quote Originally Posted by pervez View Post
    shared hosting is good for medium to small level websites while dedicated servers are best fit for dynamic enterprise application with thousands of hits per day.
    Maybe if you'd read the topic before replying, you wouldn't make asinine off-topic comments that make you look like a spammer.

Just my opinion.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

shared hosting can be windows or linux based hosting.You can compare shared hosting v/s dedicated and windows v/s linux. I'll prefer you www iChooseHosting in.They provide windows and linux both in shared hosting.