i have a web site with PR 3 need to change the design

i have a web site it has a page rank , i planned to redesign fully, will i loose my page rank ...
    some say google will update PR coming august ,
    what can i do to keep my web site PR

First off, PR is mostly useless. Its about getting your webpages found on Google not how high your PR ranks.

Secondly, in most redesigns your SEO goal will change. You could rank a bit higher for keywords, or rank a little bit less. If you keep your keyword score high, use the same title keywords, and don't completely blow up your SEO... you should be fine.

Plus with a new design, Google might see you have new content and rank you even better. Its best to update/add new content every other week at the most.

Blog, forum, comment section, new pages etc... always helps. The more indexed pages you have, the more chances you will have in capturing new visitors.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

To keep what PR you do have you can either keep the same naming / navigation structure, or, you can do a series of 301 redirects that will tell Google that you have permanently moved those old pages to the new pages and your PR will transfer almost completely intact..
    Steve
    Metal Monster Marketing : Internet Marketing

PR does not matter at all. Let google alone evangel about that. Just because if a site as a high PR, the bot will not crawl the pages regularly which will make your pages exposure in search engines.

Content is what matter and googlebot likes fresh and original content.

I think it would only have a significant effect if the redesign would also invlove major changes in the onpage structure as well as in the actual content. It might affect the bots navigation on your site.
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    PR does not matter at all. Let google alone evangel about that.
    Well PR does matter. Less pr means that your website value is low.
    For example if you are going to sell a domain with a pr of 5, everyone would be willing to buy it and it will be sold for a really good price. If a domain has a pr of 2, hardly anyone would have interest in it. Everyone looks at the pr first, before buying a website.

Footzilla since this is an SEO/SEM category, we are saying that in an SEO/SEM aspect.. PR does not matter. We didn't say it didn't matter in other aspects.. but in SEO/SEM... nothing.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

PR's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

just try to retain the same url structure of the pages of your site and evrything will be ok

Yep, You need to make sure any change in URL is redirected by 301 redirect.
    MindBees - We Keep You Smiling Always !!
    Custom Web Designs !! Web Development !! Wordpress/Joomla/Magento Development
    Web Hosting Design Portfolio added !