Thread: Innohosting.com

Innohosting.com

I know I know .. you get what you paid for .. here is the story:

Yes the service is really cheap. Yes, his support team almost always answers quickly. Yes, Rameen is a cool guy .. HOWEVER since one of my sites uses mysql a lot, this month has been really painful for me. I get a lot of theses errors:"too many mysql connections".
    They upgraded that connection limit, but still, I get it at least once or twice a day. Not good. And to make things worst, everytime I try to submit a ticket about the db server beeing down, I canŽt, because the tickets system uses the database (!!!)

Then, stats stopped working. Submitted my ticket. And the next day, same story .. which makes me wonder if from now on I will have to ask support to manually create my stats ..

Those are until now my two observations about innohosting .. weŽll see if things change ..
    Design. Programming. Hosting. Did I mentioned Design?
    www.webbasica.com

Thats a very uncommon error. Are all your scripts pointing to one mysql DB's?

I have 2 DB .. one is a phpbb2 .. the other is the siteŽs DB ..
    www.webbasica.com

is it a windows or a linux server? There is an issue on windows with this time of stuff but there is also a fix for windows that completely fixes this issue.

linux server
    www.webbasica.com

it is truely wierd then.... they got some other issues going and they need to look into.

This had happened to me in the past too.

All of a sudden I got sql errors because too many connections to the database. However, I didn't have that much traffic at all. I happened for a bout a day then it somehow fixes it self. From that day on till now, I haven't seen it again. Never know how it happened, never know how it got fixed.

Mine's on linux also.

My guess is that some type of internal server error that caused the problem.

Well heres something that might help you host out http://www.mysql.com/search/?q=too+m...set=iso-8859-1

innohosting support claims they offer 150 connections ..

is that a normal limit?
    www.webbasica.com

IŽm sorry to say I switched to turnkey. Sorry not because turnkey is a bad company, but because innohosting has the qualities you llok for when you search for a good reseller company.

In the end, my decission to switched was caused by pressure from my clients. I tried to explain them that the server was doing some maintenance etc .. but business is business ..

good luck to innohosting and i recommend it to anyone looking for cheap prices and quick support ..
    www.webbasica.com

Hi,

The MySQL problem was fixed quite a while ago by upgrading system RAM. We haven't received a single complaint or report since then but have received compliments since then because of the improvement.

In addition we spent a lot of time in implementing monitoring software and fine tuning MySQL. We have had no MySQL errors since then (which was weeks ago).

Every host has its minor problems. I believe the slight glitches we experienced were dealt with in the most professional manner.
    The price we offered you was offered a few months back. After a few months you decided to go with us. For the amount of things you received for $15 a month, it was a pure one off situation. We basically wanted to keep our promise. The price was a special offer. You can see from our website our prices aren't exactly cheap.

As for our support. Our support team responds within about 15 minutes. We have multiple contact methods which don't rely on the database. According to the number of tickets you logged and responses made, it didnt seem that you had any problems. Also, we do list our email address for you to use, and i did provide you with my personal contact address which you used only once.

Despite me encouraging you to use our support system, you also said to me you preferred that you wait until I logged onto my instant messenger program. That is not the most efficient way to report your problems. It's a good way to discuss how you feel about your account and service, but not for technical support. That's why we have a 24x7 tech team.

As for the stats. Just because it doesn't display the number of visitors you believe you should have got doesn't mean to say its a problem with the stats.
    For about 2 - 3 days we were doing intense work on the server and to prevent the load pushing to high and causing disruption, it would make sense to pause the updating for a small period of time.

I don't think we have done anything wrong or provided a bad service. It's true, you do get what you paid for, but in this instance, i think you have received far more than what you have paid for (may I add we haven't accepted payment from this client yet as he is wanting to pay yearly, we wanted to ensure he didn't experience problem with the service amongst other things).

Rameen
    Last edited by rv_irl; 10-23-2004 at 03:03 PM.