Thread: Cheap Web Host

jonathan Guest

I am looking for good web host which offer a good amount of space and unlimited amounts of POP3 E-Mail accounts. I have found http://www.brinet.net/ which has plans that look attractive. Are they any good? I want to pay around $5 a month

Client IP:167.206.78.145

Guest Guest

Wink

Mike - first of all, it sounds like all Jonothan is looking for is unlimited e-mail, not 'everything in the world' ... and second of all, you can't blame people for asking about this sort of thing when there are plenty of hosts out there that false advertise that they offer 'unlimited everything for a buck'... so quite your griping.

Client IP:63.211.244.44

Mike Guest

Thumbs down

Another "I want everything in the world for 5 bucks!" --

On to http://brinet.net -- As of now, their server is unreachable, down, not responding. So far, not too reliable.

Also, they are either re-selling or have some type of co-location with verio.net - as packets start dropping after a series of routes through the verio.net network.

I would say to you, to find a reliable host. Investigate traceroutes, pings, etc. Contact the host to get a "feel" of their support, send them an e-mail and see how long they take to respond to you.

I would also look beyond paying more that 5 bucks a month, if you want "everything" - The best you'll do for 5 bucks a month is 10-25MB web space, maybe 1GB bandwidth, and 1-5 POP3 mail accounts.

Good luck.

Client IP:24.10.104.251

To "Guest... Guest

Thumbs down

First of all, with such a defensive attitude, I assume that you work for brinet.

I don't see where Mike is griping.. Also, he did give pointers on what to check for in a host -

I checked out the web site myself, and it is in fact down. Not a good sign for a reliable web host.

Client IP:152.163.207.183

guest Guest

Talking

lol =) he he he ... no, I'm not with brinet, in fact, I don't work for a hosting company at all. I just finished reading 'web hosting is a joke' and was a little disgruntled by 'getting_outs' messages to people looking for hosts that wanted everything for nothing.

Sorry for being on the defensive, but when I first started looking for hosts, I too was fooled into thinking that there were such deals as $5 for unlimited e-mail and mega bandwidth... all because of actually seeing hosts advertise that they did in fact carry these amazing package deals (of which they didn't) ... so, to Mike, I apologize, and I do agree with what you stated besides your little comment about people wanting everything for nothing - when you're new to the scene, you really don't know any better, you just think you're seeing a damn good deal =(

In essence, you just have to go with the old saying, you get what you pay for.

-peace-

Client IP:209.245.15.208

jonathan across 18 servers I have access to about 1500 POP accounts...I use maybe 25...might I ask what you really want with an unlimited number or them?... its fine for host companies to bitch about people wanting unlimited everything for nothing...cos if they are stupid enough to promise it then they should deliver...but realistically the advice about check the support and server availability is good advice.. so too is to look for what you NEED ...not what sounds good but maybe is meaningless. A question to the hosts...how many of you offering 50 or 100 POP accounts find the number actually used is well under the available number?

yeahright Guest

Thumbs up

check out sentrishosting.com

and no, I don't work there.

I've got a package right now that suits my needs. And it's the best deal I've found out there.

300 meg for $15/month, plus all the addon stuff, etc.

Greg Guest

Also, just so you know Jonathan, when you get "unlimited email accounts"....that does not mean you can give them out or sell them. No host will give you unlimited POP's to give out, but if your planning on using the 1,000,000,000 all by yourself, no problem then.