ResellerClub domain verificatio

Hello,

Is anyone having trouble getting domain verification letters on domain registration?

I have been trying for days to get a email from them to the customer. I verified the email as valid and working so I know it isn't that.

Really confused since so many people swear by them.

It's part of the new RAA. You have to log into the email and verify that it exists. If you don't get it check your mail queues. Else your domain will get suspended.
    Last edited by Atlanical-Mike; 05-01-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Moved from provider outages, since it isn't one.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by cutabovehost View Post
    Hello,

Is anyone having trouble getting domain verification letters on domain registration?

I have been trying for days to get a email from them to the customer. I verified the email as valid and working so I know it isn't that.

Really confused since so many people swear by them.
    Yes we have had issues with the emails not going out on some client accounts, which caused blockage. We could verify this as not an issue of spam folder, etc. But we could not rule out that they might be sending some emails from unknown IP which may be blocked in a firewall. However, since it is persistent and can only be resolved by changing the email address to one that has already been vetted, I'd venture to say they probably have some internal mechanism preventing the emails to be sent to some clients. Possibly they got an email returned due to an intermittent email outage and then just block the account? Our workaround was to change the email to an already approved address (which instantly releases the registrar block) and then open a ticket (wait 24+ hours) and hope they fix it. They haven't been helpful so far, but I'm never impressed with ResellerClub support.

Hello,

We have received some complaints stating that the RAA Verification emails were not being delivered to a select few servers on specific email providers - namely Yahoo. While we are working on the back-end to change the sent from IPs etc., we suggest you try a quick fix by using an email address on other email providers such as gmail, where we have had no issues with the verification email delivery.

If that is not an option, please PM us your email ID and domain name on which the issue is being faced and we will contact you to try and resolve the problem.

Team ResellerClub

This is just another reason why you should leave RAA verification to your resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by i7Grendel View Post
    This is just another reason why you should leave RAA verification to your resellers.
    They have to do their bit else ICANN will be on their back.

I can confirm that this client was using ATT and according to them they had used the particular email address since August of last year.

I switched the email address around as suggested as a work around. But it would be nice for ResellerClub to fix whatever issue was causing the RAA not to go through.

As we mentioned, we are working to fix this email delivery issue across providers and hope to have it sorted out soon.

ICANN Registrar agreements make it legally binding on us to ensure the implementation of the RAA and hence it is not possible to leave that to our resellers.

Stay tuned to our email and blog updates where we will announce as soon as we fix the few email delivery hitches.

Team ResellerClub

Quote Originally Posted by LC Mike View Post
    They have to do their bit else ICANN will be on their back.
    Sure, but you should be able to put some faith in your resellers as well. A non-LB reseller I'm using as well simply offers three options: 1) branded messages from the provider, 2) unbranded messages from the provider or 3) provider doesn't send messages and the reseller handles these. And if ICANN knocks on the provider's door, your reseller account and all domains in it can be taken away. It's simple and effective.