CartikaCLOUD and CartikaVPS - Utility VPS and Cloud Computing Platforms

Come see why Cartika has been nominated for the Computerworld "Best practices in Virtualization and Cloud Computing" Award

http://snwusa.com/ehome/index.php?ev...6&tabid=13388&

Trying to Choose between Cloud Computing or Utility VPS? Not sure what the differences are?

No more confusion or mixed marketing messages. With Cartika, you have the choice, and we explain the differences clearly and concisely !!

Utility Citrix Xen Based VPS solutions

www.cartikaVPS.com

Local storage Xen server VPS model. This is not a Cloud, this is simply a VPS with utility billing

• Plenty of free value adds (including CloudLinux, KSplice and soon, Microsoft Forefront real time AV protection and intrusion detection/prevention for Windows)
    • Windows and Linux Support
    • Choice of Hosting Control Panels
    • Unlimited R1Soft CDP licenses with a very affordable per GB charge for backup/recovery
    • Unmetered bandwidth and much more...

Self Managed Solutions:

http://www.cartikavps.com/vps-hostin...d-vps-servers/

Fully Managed Solutions are also available:

http://www.cartikavps.com/vps-hostin...d-vps-servers/

- All of the value found in our Self Managed solutions as well as Cartika full, comprehensive and proactive management services. We feel we offer the most complete managed services in the industry, coupled with the industries best support.

Cloud Computing

www.cartikaCLOUD.com

Unlike many competitors who will sell Utility VPS solutions as a "Cloud", Cartika has differentiated our offerings so as to avoid confusion often found in the market.

The Cartika Cloud separates the networking layer, from the processing layer and the storage layer. You can read more about this here:

http://www.cartikacloud.com/cloud-hosting/

• Backed by powerful and enterprise grade NetApp storage solutions
    • Redundant at every level
    • A Cloud that delivers on the promise of a Cloud. 100% uptime since launch
    • A real High Availability solution for each Cloud Server
    • Complete elasticity for each Cloud instance
    • Full control to re-size Cloud servers with daily utility billing
    • Console access from the Cartika interface
    • Windows and Linux Support
    • Choice of Hosting Control Panels
    • Plenty of free value adds (including CloudLinux, KSplice and soon, Microsoft Forefront real time AV protection and intrusion detection/prevention for Windows)
    • Unlimited R1Soft CDP licenses with a very affordable per GB charge for backup/recovery

Self Managed Solutions:

http://www.cartikacloud.com/self-managed-cloud-servers/

Fully Managed Solutions are also available:

http://www.cartikacloud.com/managed-cloud-servers/

- All of the value found in our Self Managed solutions as well as Cartika full, comprehensive and proactive management services. We feel we offer the most complete managed services in the industry, coupled with the industries best support.

Please contact us at sales[at]cartikahosting.com with any questions. Additionally, feel free to call us toll free at 1-866-472-1835
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

I fail to see what's so "cloud" or "utility" about a normal monthly VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by CryptWizard View Post
    Hello and thank you for your comment. To address your question

1) we offer both a VPS and a Cloud offering. To understand how a Cloud differs from a VPS - it usually involves high availability, elasticity and utility billing (in our case, daily) - you can read more here - http://www.cartikacloud.com/cloud-hosting/

2) our billing is done by the day for any additional resurces (ie CPU, RAM and Disk) - we chose daily for our utility model vs hourly vs by the milisecond or whatever metric you would like to use - as daily best fits our desired model and target audience

Thanks and please let us know if you have any additional questions
    Last edited by cartika-andrew; 10-01-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by CryptWizard View Post
    That is the problem with the industry; people simply do not understand the difference of an offering such as Cartika's. The term Cloud is thrown around loosely by even some of the most well known hosts in the industry. "Most" cloud providers simply throw a homemade SAN on a VPS node and offer a control panel to adjust RAM, CPU, and disk space, and call it a Cloud.

Heck, most people I talk to do not realize the differences in virtualization platforms between something like Virtuozzo and XEN. There is a lot of confusion out there for the average client.

Cartika's offering is different by its redundancy of being brought up instantaneously on another node should failure occur; along with enterprise grade storage. Wrap that up into a package with all the included "freebies", monitoring, and simply the best support available and I find you'll be hard pressed to find someone offering the same in a managed Cloud environment. Cartika has never been about being the "cheapest" and cutting corners to get there. They have always pointed their business model towards businesses seeking the highest quality hardware, uptime, and support for business and those able to see the "value" in such services.

I have to say I have "not" used Cartika's Cloud servers, but have been a client for probably 6 years or close to it (found them here if you look in my post history from years ago). Started with reseller accounts, moved to dedicated solutions, and now moved to fully managed VPS solutions. I have to say the managed VPS solutions are a bargain if you compare the hardware, performance, reliability, included services, freebies, and their support. Again, it's about value to serious businesses and may not be the best out there for those willing to sacrifice those things I have mentioned.

I have had my VPS's for 3 months and will be doing a formal review on their managed VPS's in the coming months. I have had "0" downtime in this period and the raid 60, 2.5-inch 300GB SAS drives simply scream.

I had to put my 2 cents in, and it's obvious by their ComputerWorld nomination they are doing something different than most others.