Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Year Review

Thumbs up 3 Year Review

Hello All,
    As many are aware, one thing that this forum is famous for is the reviews. People rarely take the time to write out a long winded review of WebHostingTalk.com .Please excuse me if this sounds like a hosting company review (it was intentional). Its been slightly over 3 years since I have been with them and I am planning to renew my account for several years to come.

WebHostingTalk's signup process is simple, well laid out ans intuitive. It has been several years since I signed up but still remember the process. My account was activated quickly and I was greeted with a welcome letter and a link to an FAQ. Overall I give the signup process a 9/10

Getting Started with WebHostingTalk.com was not the easiest process. It can sometimes be hard to assimilate with the seasoned experts on WHT. It can be intimidating. I got a slow start but was able to successfully post an introduction thread and slowly started to post questions and answers in the reseller section. Overall I give the assimilation process a 6/10.

The navigation of WebHostingTalk.com was well thought out and makes sense. I like the clean layout that is free of overly intrusive signatures (some forums allow banner ads in signatures which is annoying, you have seen these before). Everything is tasteful and welcoming. This clean layout also extends to the offers section, I cant stand how some forums allow users to use a screenshot of their plan section in lieu of a properly worded offer. I give this a 10/10

The WebHostingTalk culture is amazing, it is rare to see a forum that has an established culture like this. Members are naturally respectful to each other. I give this a 10/10

WebHostingTalk has an amazing set of support staff members, even a real Bear and Mouse . The staff is very responsive and is often quick to act on disruptive members and spam posts. I have seen spam posts removed within 3 minutes. All of the staff members also have their own unique personality and are all generally easy to get along with. I also had the pleasure of meeting 2 staff members in person (1 community leader SoftWareReview and 1 Community Liaison CD_Burnt). Both of them were are professional and fun. If I had to give any negative feedback about the staff is there are some complaints in regards to some ticket response times for things like namechanges and general inquiries. I give this a 8/10

Last month WebHostingTalk decided to reach out to a few members to solicit real feedback on how they can improve. I was lucky enough to be a part of this. I can confirm that WebHostingTalk is listening to its members and is working on improving the services to meet the needs and desires of the end users (thats us). This is nearly unheard of with online communities. I give this a 15/10.

I have already reported my URL to the Moderators for verification per the WHT Rules http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=252248 .

If you are a member of another forum and looking to switch or join a new forum, WHT is the one for you.

Last edited by KMyers; 04-18-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Nice review. I agree with every word, and thanks for reporting the username you have with them.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

lol. I thought this was a review of a web host when I read the title.

But anyway great review of webhostingtalk.com

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

Thank you for the review!

Come back on here in another 3 years time and post a follow up review
    AMS Computer | Delivering Excellence - Providing web hosting since 1996!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous |
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Daily Backups

http://www.amscomputer.com |

Quote Originally Posted by V7Host View Post
    Thank you for the review!

Come back on here in another 3 years time and post a follow up review
    You know I will
    Keith I Myers

Thank you for your review Keith!
    It seems that you are very happy with them
    Keep updating this thread after some time
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Good review Keith!
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

yes, except the interface.

I have WHT for Breakfeast, Lunch, Dinner and Desert
    Brandon Long | https://brandonlong.me/
    Just a guy with a brain.

Great review, nothing else I can say here other than it's great having another post to spam my signature on

Haven't been here as long as you have but it is a pretty good site for me as well(minus a few recent bumps/issues)

Good review!

Great review Keith! I think the Join Date on my account lets everyone know where I stand with WHT +1.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Great review Keith! I think the Join Date on my account lets everyone know where I stand with WHT +1.
    If the Mayans are wrong, you can post your 10 year review in a year
    Keith I Myers

As soon as I saw KMyers and 3 year review, I knew this was going to be entertaining. Nice review, Keith.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

nice review i believe its very hard to communicate with experts and be active in this forum too

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-********* View Post
    As soon as I saw KMyers and 3 year review, I knew this was going to be entertaining. Nice review, Keith.
    Are you implying something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ARA4SH View Post
    nice review i believe its very hard to communicate with experts and be active in this forum too

thanks
    Hello,
    I do understand it can be hard to break the ice. The trick is to jump into the middle of the action. You may get hit with a few bullets but ultimately will come out at the end stronger
    Keith I Myers

I'm implying I knew I was going to enjoy riding it
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Are you implying something?

Hello,
    I do understand it can be hard to break the ice. The trick is to jump into the middle of the action. You may get hit with a few bullets but ultimately will come out at the end stronger
    thanks for advice and sharing your experiences

When I saw the subject first, I thought of clicking "report link" to report the thread to moderators to move this thread to correct forum

Loved reading the reviews.
    WHT deserves this for sure
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

A very good review.... Most of the points stated there goes with my experience too... Like the account opening with WHT was like a cakewalk.. very simple, clear and easy.... Their support staff and moderators are one of the best in this industry....

I really love WHT a lot....am getting addicted to this... and above all the site / forum is very informative....

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    I've been around a while myself!

Here's to another three years!
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Thanks all, Now that I have officially passed the 10,000 post mark, I am still living by my words
    Keith I Myers

Hmm, looks a bit shabby. have you been bribed?

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Thanks all, Now that I have officially passed the 10,000 post mark, I am still living by my words
    Oh boy, you are hard to keep tabs with (WHT) needs a post count donation just like Keith advised in another thread, I could have 20,000 posts by now.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast