Hybrid View

Question

I want to thank you all for helping me with my previous posts!

I have seem to hit a brick wall however in my decision making and would like some input.

After carfully reviewing all of your input. I have narrowed my list down to about 5 potential hosts for my reseller business. The problem I have is the packages I would like to offer and the main account do not exactly meet my needs or my targeted clients needs. The 2 hosting companies that would provide me with what I am looking for both have terrible reviews.

I was thinking about just going with a dedicated server but I am not sure if that is a wise choice just yet because of just starting out.I dont want to jump too soon! Any thoughts on possible options?

Do any of you offer custom packages that I could use as my main account and then create the ones I would like to offer?

If I do decide to go with a dedicated server what about tech support? How do all of you dedicated hosts provide the 24hr 800# tech support? In house or does your upsource provide this. Also do most dedicated server packages come with control panels for the Server Admin and potential clients or would I have to purchase my own?

You can either reply here or to avoid policy violations email me at phiroof@msn.com.

Thanks in advance for all of your time and help!!

BrianP

If you are brand new, don't go with a dedicated server. Start as a reseller.

Tell us who you have decided on for possible uplinks. It's quite possible that the reviews you have are not entirely accurate.
    Life is Minimum live it Maximum.

Here are the ones that I have narrowed it down to:

hostmatters.com
    site5.com
    jrc-hosting.com
    wbcom.net
    cavendo.com

The 2 that have basically what I am looking for (Storage space, Resold packages, bandwidth and features) ***** and Burstnet. And they both have bad reveiws. What is the norm that potential customers look for in storage, features, and bandwidth? Perhaps my expectations are a little too high?

Thanks again

BrianP

Originally posted by BrianP
    The problem I have is the packages I would like to offer and the main account do not exactly meet my needs or my targeted clients needs.
    Since you posted your email address, why don't you post your needs, and your targeted clients needs, and maybe you'll get emails with some solutions.

I will say however that the other 5 hosts you listed seem to have some decent plans, and because of this, I can't figure out what you want.

I think it would be better to go with a host that you feel good about from the beginning.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

I would suggest reading this http://www.resellerinfo.com/getstarted.html. While it doesn't go into a lot of detail, it may help.

I also agree with Chicken, what are your targeted needs.
    Life is Minimum live it Maximum.

Needs..

It seems my expectations were a little too high!! The packages offered by these hosts will more than meet my needs and potential customers. Thanks for all you responses and emails. You have all been a tremendous help!!