Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    They responded with:

"It appears that a UPS has malfunctioned causing a power outage for a portion of the facility. We are working now to get services back online. We will notify you once your server has been troubleshooted or put back online."

Wow, what happened to the 'failsafe' that is supposed to be in place where an automatic switch of power happens and then it kicks up the generators? This is absolutely unbelievable and this should NOT have happened! If this was MY DC, things would be run SO MUCH differently, THE PROPER WAY!

They seem to be having some serious problems with their network.

Quote Originally Posted by digdugdog View Post
    My server at Dedispec was down too. Is that the same company, or just same datacenter?
    I think they resell DataShack/WSI.

Wow.. unreal, over 5 hours later and my servers are ALL still down!

Yes Larry, we are well aware of this issues at hand and I wish it was as simple as a tripped power cable

We kindly ask for your patience in resolving this issue. We are very overwhelmed this weekend and have had to disrupt many of our staff members Saturdays to troubleshoot services. IF you still cannot access your server and have not submitted a ticket already then please do so.

Also please do not spam our ticket system as we work on the oldest tickets first and doing so will simply result in your services worked on last

We had a couple separate, but related issues this morning.

Something called for ATS-A to fire the generator and switch over. We didn't have any disturbances on the B power feeds. We're still not sure what caused the issues with A.

Once A failed and we transferred to generator, the generator couldn't lock the frequency. The Generator and UPS started fighting with each other and when the UPS' batteries were drained, and it couldn't find stable power, it dropped the load, causing the outage everyone noticed.

We did some power reruns last week and for some reason, our core networking equipment at the Clay facility was only put back on the A power feed and not the B. Since the A feed is what we lost, the core equipment powered off. Everything else was fine.

UPS failure was at 7:56am local time (Central). Core networking was brought back online at 8:39am. UPS was cut to bypass shortly afterward. UPS-A-1 and UPS-A-2 have been brought back online and are functioning normally. A power is back on utility and we've identified the frequency issue with Generator 1. We are still unsure what caused Generator 1 to fire in the first place and continue to investigate.

Because of the core issue this affected most of the Clay facility. B power was unaffected. Oak and Cable facilities were unaffected. The outage did not affect any of our transport or Broadband customers.

Wow, this is unreal. I think what Wholesale Internet and Datashack should be issuing EVERYONE a free month of service.

My 3 servers have been down ALL day long, since 8 AM EST this morning when I was first alerted about this outage from our monitoring services. We are still down at 3:30 PM EST! Supposedly, the word is, everything IS back up and running.. with the exception of my 3 servers.

I understand that I'm not the ONLY person who experienced this, but to be told that everything is back up, but we are still down, says that there are STILL issues going on, and "Everything is NOT UP!" So don't say that it's up, if it's still down.

A credit of 3 hours of down time, when my sites have been down all day, is not an acceptable credit (my sites have been down at this point for a total of 7 1/2 hours, going on 8 now as we still don't have access to anything), considering how much business that we have lost and how much business that OUR customer's have lost that are hosted with us and for the money that we are loosing from new orders coming in for each of our companies. In addition OUR customer's are going to be asking for credit's and for free service too, so... we are loosing even more money there.

I think that that right thing would be, is to make sure that ALL customer's receive the month of December for FREE, since this was a problem with poor engineering and the root cause was due to negligence on the DataShack/Wholesale Internet side of things.

I understand that I'm not the ONLY person who experienced this, but to be told that everything is back up, but we are still down, says that there are STILL issues going on, and "Everything is NOT UP!" So don't say that it's up, if it's still down.
    Please provide me with a ticket # stating that everything is back up. I do not recall telling you this. I do recall being able to get ICMP responses from your servers IP addresses...

Currenly power is restored and we are simply working with each individual service reported offline to ensure there are no underlying problems.

EDIT: Your credit will be adjusted to reflect the actual downtime.

Server has been down for the whole morning.
    Sent the ticket (ID:635953) but WSI can not provide ETA.
    I thought since the last down-time, WSI already bought new back-up Generators?
    Last edited by Trung Kien; 11-22-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trung Kien View Post
    Server has been down for the whole morning.
    Sent the ticket (ID:635953) but WSI can not provide ETA.
    I thought since the last down-time, WSI already bought new back-up Generators?
    Looks like a technician just handled your ticket before I could take a look at it. Please let us know if this solution did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon@KC View Post
    Looks like a technician just handled your ticket before I could take a look at it. Please let us know if this solution did not work.
    Yes. Thank you!
    The monitor is back UP (HTTP 200 - OK) (It was down for 7 hours, 34 minutes and 37 seconds).
    I do hope that it won't happen again.

Yes. Thank you!
    The monitor is back UP (HTTP 200 - OK) (It was down for 7 hours, 34 minutes and 37 seconds).
    I do hope that it won't happen again.
    Bump your ticket requesting credit and we will be sure to get you credited for that downtime.

Ours are still down and now it looks like we have HW issues with our server. This isn't good! Wow, we will be revamping our DNS and also looking at other server providers after this fiasco! This is unbelievable. I can't believe this... one thing after another now!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon@KC View Post
    Bump your ticket requesting credit and we will be sure to get you credited for that downtime.
    Thanks!
    I have been with WSI for a long time. The price offered by WholesaleInternet is really good already. For me, credit is not necessary.
    The only thing i want is stability. WSI quality seems gone down significantly this year with too many power-related problems. Hope WSI can find effective solutions to deal with that.
    Last edited by Trung Kien; 11-22-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AximTechSolutions View Post
    Ours are still down and now it looks like we have HW issues with our server. This isn't good! Wow, we will be revamping our DNS and also looking at other server providers after this fiasco! This is unbelievable. I can't believe this... one thing after another now!
    That is unfortunate. We are currently working on repairing services now. I believe yours is still on the bench testing.

Thanks!
    I have been with WSI for a long time. The price offered by WholesaleInternet is really good already. For me, credit is not necessary.
    The only thing i want is stability. WSI quality seems gone down significantly this year with too many power-related problems. Hope WSI can find effective solutions to deal with that.
    Thank you for your cooperation while we work on these issues
    Last edited by Brandon@KC; 11-22-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Still down

Quote Originally Posted by thund3rbolt View Post
    Still down
    Please provide me with your ticket #

Server I have with datashack was down for about thirty minutes this morning.
    I noticed the system reboot in server log when going to check after I was pinged by an monitoring script running on another server. Has been rock solid for a long time till today, network and all.

I hope everyone else gets their stuff sorted fast.
    All my interactions with this company has been positive so far so I believe you will be sorted properly. I still have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by mesahost View Post
    Server I have with datashack was down for about thirty minutes this morning.
    I noticed the system reboot in server log when going to check after I was pinged by an monitoring script running on another server. Has been rock solid for a long time till today, network and all.

I hope everyone else gets their stuff sorted fast.
    All my interactions with this company has been positive so far so I believe you will be sorted properly. I still have no complaints.
    Thank you we appreciate the support

Mine was down for at least 4 hours too....

mine is back up now after

(Host Is Reachable) (It was down for 12 hours, 9 minutes and 40 seconds).

Needless to say, I will continue to not use them for mission critical stuff

Quote Originally Posted by AximTechSolutions View Post
    Wow, what happened to the 'failsafe' that is supposed to be in place where an automatic switch of power happens and then it kicks up the generators? This is absolutely unbelievable and this should NOT have happened! If this was MY DC, things would be run SO MUCH differently, THE PROPER WAY!
    Normally server is drawing power direct from the UPS, and the power from the grid is charging the UPS battery, if the power grid fail, the generator take over and continuous to charge the UPS battery, the UPS battery normally is design to hold 10-15minute to allow genset to kick in and take over the power grid load.

Most common failure case, if one of the UPS battery died or short-circuit or low voltage, this bring down the UPS, and hence all the server connected to that UPS is down. "UNLESS" those servers have redundant power supply, and connected to a separate UPS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123