Thread: Peer1 somebody?

Peer1 somebody?

I want some feedback from peer1 MANAGED hosting clients. Are they really good, reliable and responsive?

I believe that's a new arm of the ServerBeach offerings, so, it's not *truely* a Peer1 offering (it is using Peer1 bandwidth though I believe).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Peer 1 bought interland datacenters. Yes they are good, but compared to other hsots maybe pricey. Depends what type of hosting you are looking for.

I heard Peer1 is good, pretty top colocation. True over priced.

We're with them for colocation in NYC, and I love the network, can't say fantastic things about their remote hands though. I think their colocation is fairly priced for the uptime we've had in all the time we've been there (100%).

I agree their managed hosting is a little overpriced, for a lower price you could probably get something from someone hosted inside one of their datacentres. I do notice they've taken the pricing off their website completely now.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

and I love the network
    What's to love about their network (performance wise, not uptime wise)?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by elix
    What's to love about their network (performance wise, not uptime wise)?
    Their network is fantastic, I have tons of gaming and VOIP customers and have never had a complaint, all my customers rave about the performance.I will agree they did have some bad routes in the past, most of these have been rectified now to my knowledge.

Do you have any equipment located on Peer1's network at the moment? From what I remember you use Internap for your stuff, to which I'll compare ...

Thanks to a nice problem with Verio's network I'm currently getting 300ms to Internap NYC, but because Peer1 have peering in London I'm avoiding that problem, and getting my usual 90ms . This is a frequent problem that I see with Internap's network, and other providers who take transit from the big guys and totally forget peering.

I'd choose Peer1's network over any other network in NYC anyday... it's all down to personal choice, but in my opinion they run one of the best.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Thanks to a nice problem with Verio's network I'm currently getting 300ms to Internap NYC
    The issue is not inherent on InterNAP's end, that is, if you are just doing an inbound trace. I'm willing to bet that the outgoing route from InterNAP in NYC is much nicer, and that it's just your ISP causing this problem.

Peer1 does indeed have a lot of peering, and that is basically the main 'feature' of their service. But, nevertheless..they still do have those bad routes, I see them all the time . . .

I honestly fail to see what's so good about Peer1.

Oh and, yes, I'm a big InterNAP fan, but they certainly deliver when it comes to performance
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business