Lightbulb Need some ideas regarding Dedicated Server that allow IRC !!

Hi to all ..!

I am looking around to by a Dedicated Server(DC) that ofers irc suport. i have lloked some DC but i wana get some more ideas .. i am looking for an DC that offeres DDOS protection and is in good parameters also if it posible to have a data center in Europe i will appretiate if some one gives me some ideas related to this project

thenk you all

cough advertising cough

It all depends on what IRC servers you are planning to host how much bandwidth, etc you will require and reaslistically how likely your server is to attract DDOS attacks.

on a budget ServerPronto and IRCallowed both do reasonable prices dedicated servers.

If you are looking for something with decent firewalling, dos protection, etc use the forum search facility as this topic if discussed fairly regually.

Cheers
    Jona

The two "best" networks for ircds these days are Staminus and Gigeservers. Both offer filtering, both have incredible owners that do not bow down to scriptkiddie extortion. Neither term because you GET dossed.

Something you don't find everywhere you look.

Kelly

Originally posted by JonaY
    cough advertising cough
    None of the sites in his sig are his own, they are providers he recommends....

Anyways, I would definitely say you should check out gigeservers.com . They have the best DDOS filtering there is...it's based off of the old foonet infrastructure. Their prices are not too shabby either.

applogies

<I have to type more or it won't let me post!>

Originally posted by mj4589
    Anyways, I would definitely say you should check out gigeservers.com . They have the best DDOS filtering there is...it's based off of the old foonet infrastructure. Their prices are not too shabby either.
    I'll third the Gigeservers recommendation. They really have an awesome network and staff.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

Take a look at Netsentry ..

http://www.net-sentry.net
    Justin Biegel
    InvisibleHand Networks
    212-400-7416 x606
    justin@invisiblehand.net

Gigeservers, Staminus, and Net-sentry are all very good companies.