Acceleratedweb 3.5 year review

The short: the most security conscious feature-full shared host I've ever seen. Enough that it overcomes the other flaws.
    Three and a half years ago, I began a small adult forum on one of Accelerated Web's servers. It since grew into one of the largest adult forums on the Internet - and is -the- largest in its genre. Eventually I was pushing close to some limits, and taking up a rather hefty share of the server's resources. I wanted rDNS matching, and a number of other fun things that come with running your own server...
    ...so I moved on.
    They are rather high-priced, have somewhat long response times - no real ticket system, and are not the best communicators. I'm not sure why they don't care to implement better policies in these regards, but if I were to make a parting suggestion, they could certainly improve in those areas.
    Though they don't really know it, these people drove me to learn a great deal about website security - their philosophy, setup, and skills in this arena haven't been matched by any other hosting company that my friends or I participated in - which is quite a list.Typical Response Time: Up to a few hours for critical issues on off-hours, a day and sometimes more for non-critical issues. During 'on hours', critical issues would usually get attention within fifteen minutes or so.General attitude: Fairly good - professional and respectful, and willing to explain issues in detail, even if sometimes it was after the fact.Server ping: ~45 milliseconds... which is about average for most of the providers I know of.Server uptime: In the 99.9% range. There was one issue with a RAID failure last November, but that was resolved fairly quickly and I was making routine database backups (They restored the database, but it was slightly corrupted). They tend not to warn about downtime, but downtime is usually a few minutes at the worst.Server speed: Compared to my new VPS, a bit of a dinosaur, I'm sorry to say. It does appear to be a bit average in comparison to most others I've dealt with.Price: When I first signed up, plan 2 was $60/month. They are, obviously, quite pricey, but I was basically allowed to run up 20% of one CPU up until cancellation. The low disk space may be a deal breaker for some, however.Security: They are anal about it and I liked it that way, despite the minor frustrations.
    --
    If security is your main concern, above other considerations such as price - I would highly recommend these people. They have a lot of room to improve, but the peace of mind was worth the extra $2k I spent on them over various competitors.

Overall nice review. Thanks. Report the domain privately to the mods for verification using the report button.
    Regards!

That is one quality review. Great to hear they had such good security! Good luck in your endeavors.

__________________Hostamina - Quality Web Hosting You can Rely OnFast

Influix Guest
    Wow nice review. Detailed in every aspect. Good luck with your forum, I'm sure it's doing well.

__________________Influix Technologies
    Web Hosting, Design

Veks,
    Thanks for the review. It is really amazing that you have been with them 3.5 years because it seems customers are switching companies so often . We should congratulate them for their customer service and support. Please don't forget to validate your review by submitting domain to moderators.

Well, as I mentioned, I had to leave them - the next grade up was more than a vps, and since starting with them I had gained quite a lot of experience.
    I just wanted to mention how much they had impressed me.

Thanks for the detailed review! It's good to see a satisfied customer, especially one who has been with a company for 3.5 years.

Last edited by anon-e-mouse : 11-28-2008 at 05:49 PM.

host4zero Guest
    thanks for that review ,excellent !!!

The OP has provided a domain that was hosted by Acceleratedweb.

__________________1. My list of "Honest Hosts"
    2. Hosting Coupons