alecbradley Guest
    hello
    i need to add a background image on the top of the back without repeating and a background color. i need this image to span the entire length of the top of the page.
    i know there are numerous ways to do so, but from the simple tutorials that i have found, they are not what i am looking for.
    any help is appreciated. thanks!

thedude76 Guest
    Using a style something like:
    background: #000000 url("/my/image/url.jpg") top no-repeat;

alecbradley Guest
    i got that part from a thread lower down on this page, however, i can't seem to figure out how to get it to span all the way across.
    i am using a 1px width diameter image that i want to expand the top of the page
    thanks for the quick response

thedude76 Guest
    hmmm, try background: #000000 url("/my/image/url.jpg") top repeat-x;

brandowellas Guest
    you want css or pure html solution?

alecbradley Guest
    css format would be great
    thanks for all the responses...still looking for something that will aid in this problem

I'd like to help, but I can't really understand the question
    from the what I could understand, thedude76's answer should help.

Netstratix Guest
    This is very similar to the problem I have run into with backgrounds, and that is putting an image at the bottom corners. I want a solid background, with an image in the bottom left... but no cant do that. Lol. Do top left or right, but not bottom .
    I hear what your issue is, but I think a repeat is the only way out of it, just make the image geometrical :-D.

alecbradley Guest
    Thank you very much to thedude76. That worked perfectly!
    Thanks again to everyone that responded!

thedude76 Guest
    No problem, glad to help

PaulRut Guest
    @alecbradley
    I don't mean to be Captain Obvious on this one....hoping it helps but if you change the "x" to a "y" in thedude76's answer: background: #000000 url("/my/image/url.jpg") top repeat-x;
    you will get that repeated image from top to bottom. This is very useful when you are putting content in a "rounded cornered box". You can add the top "lid" to the box (to get the rounded corners), repeat-y on 1px horizontal line of the rest of the box, and then a bottom image to get the rounded corners at the bottom of the box.
    So, div class="box_top" with top image, div class="box_body" with repeat-y and text content, and div class="box_bottom" with bottom image.
    Hope this helps