Chaos about preregistering eu domain names

Every registrar is preregistering .eu domains. I am wondering which one will be able to register eu domains on 7th April? I mean if the eurid(main eu registry) get for ex: 1000 request for a name which one will they choose? Which applicant will be the winner?

Once it gets to landrush, it'll be first-come first served, I guess. The validation phases were sunrise 1 and sunrise 2, landrush is, well, the land rush.

The whole thing has been a right royal pain in the arse, to be honest - I got my sunrise 2 documents in with 2 days to spare

It's ICANN approved, off course it's a pain in the arse.

See the thread I opened about the same topic:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=498827

I disagree that it has been chaos - I personally feel that the roll out of the domains has so far been done in a very fair and controlled way.

The main registry have given companies plenty of time to claim their trademarks.
    All .eu domains that have been currently allocated have been so on a combination of reasons.
    Initially it is "first come first served" - this is the process and the order in which you are listed.
    You were then given 40 days to submit your supporting paperwork to prove that you do have prior rights to the domain.
    So long as this all matched up the domain was yours.
    There was then a nice easy link on the EuID site where you could start an official complaint if you felt somebody was using your trademark.
    As long as nobody tried that then the domain was yours.

In essence, as with all domains it is "first come first served" and if you look at some of the times the applications for the .eu domains were received at the various Sunrise periods you can see that just a second would seperate the first three applicants etc.

Landrush will be interesting, however once again it will be first come first served and if it is a popular or "good" domain name you are after then a pre-order will be essential.
    There is no way you'll get in there first when x number of domain registrants are all forwarding their applications across at the same time as you.

There are only two annoying things really at the moment:

1. Some domain names have many hundreds of people applying for it - there is no telling how long it will take EuID to go through them all, see if they qualify and thus decide who gets the domain.

2. Because EuID have to give 40 days for a company to submit paperwork during the Sunrise period, any such party attempting to register a .eu on say the 6th April can effectively "lock the domain" for 39 days after Landrush.
    This could be used in a cunning way by people willing to pay to pre-register even if they know they can't get the supporting paperwork.
    Because the said domain they attempt to get then won't be available again until 18th May (at the earliest) and they will be banking on people forgetting about it.

The whole essence has really been "first come first served".
    We were 3rd in line for one we wanted, alas the first company was awarded it and although we do hold a trademark on the name, as far as we can tell they do too - just in a different field.
    The second .eu we wanted, we are first in line and we just need them to give us the thumbs up (all paperwork provided) and it should be ours before the end of the week.

I've been having sex for 40 years but still got denied my right to sex.eu

I have to agree with Bladerunner. EURid have done a reasonable job to date. What will prove interesting, though, is this land rush. We're hopeful that the .EU servers don't fail the way that .ES did....

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    I've been having sex for 40 years
    You must be knackered!

almost

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    I've been having sex for 40 years but still got denied my right to sex.eu

dag yo, you are old