hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Best unmetered and unmanaged Xen VPS

Forum Jump

Best unmetered and unmanaged Xen VPS

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 AM
unghhh... Baaandwidth....

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingoten View Post
Even when most hosts state a unmetered condition, they will always have the limit shown in the terms of service during the signing of the agreement. I would suggest you go with something more metered and structured to avoid the business ethics of the situation.
Often times, the limit is equal to the maximum that the connection could possibly sustain over that time, and is only provided for informational purposes.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmoyg View Post
You have not mentioned the specs you need and your budget. It will help us to provide you suggestions. Without your budget, it is very difficult to say as there are simply too many options.
OK heres the qualification :
- datacenter US
- Linux OS
- support VPN (pptp or l2tp)
- minimal bandwidth 10 mbps (unmetered quota based)
- memory 768 - 1034 MB

Last edited by idvps; 11-09-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idvps View Post
OK heres the qualification :
- datacenter US
- support VPN (pptp or l2tp)
- minimal bandwidth 10 mbps (unmetered quota based)
- memory 768 - 1034 MB
and more thing, this vps node is going to be our backup MX (so smtp(+tls) protocol is a must)

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2010, 03:14 AM

Those all sounds like very reasonable requirements that many hosts can support. What is your budget?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
Those all sounds like very reasonable requirements that many hosts can support. What is your budget?
$50/month - yearly billing cycle

Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Web Hosting Master

Everyone will probably disagree with me, but i can recommend Enotch for this.

http://www.enotchnetworks.com/site/vps

Old 11-09-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Even when most hosts state a unmetered condition, they will always have the limit shown in the terms of service during the signing of the agreement. I would suggest you go with something more metered and structured to avoid the business ethics of the situation.
IMO, quota based bandwidth is a evil business, customer has the right to have a fixed services (no overcharges bandwidth usage)

Old 11-09-2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idvps View Post
$50/month - yearly billing cycle
You should be able to find this. I know of one or two providers that match both the budget and specs.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
You should be able to find this. I know of one or two providers that match both the budget and specs.
can you please share the provider?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:33 PM

one is wdservers.com, I can't mention the other due to forum rules regarding who you're allowed to promote. Wdservers website doesn't necessarily list the prices I'm talking about, but the owner will be able to do it for you.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
the rapidxen 2mbps 95% limit is only there to discourage people doing bittorrent and selling a gazillion VPNs on a $7/mo VPS where they make ridiculous profit and I don't.

as far as legitimate traffic goes, we generally do not care about bandwidth utilization - the 2mbps 95% sets off a warning resulting in us auditing your netflow statistics to see if you're doing torrents/vpn without paying a fair share for that privilege or something that is an outright TOS violation (spamming, etcetera).

there are quite a few customers doing far more than 2mbps 95% and i simply don't care because they're not running a seedbox or selling 9001 $5/mo VPNs, e.g. they are just honest people doing honest things.

i think generally speaking, most people understand my policy on this, so i must wonder what precisely you mean by "business ethics?"