Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* vBulletin 5 Beta Released

vBulletin 5 officially announced,
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...87#post2335987

Demo @ https://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/ (I am not sure if their servers are overloaded or vBulletin 5 is extremely slow)

Slow here too, and man is that ugly
    Not a surprise, vBulletin's been headed out the door for years. This should put the final nail in that coffin
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Very slow, but I quite like the design actually.

It reminds me of XenForo

Quote Originally Posted by shovenose View Post
    It reminds me of XenForo
    Except that XF runs faster, doesn't really look as cheesy, and looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
    vBulletin 5 officially announced,
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...87#post2335987

Demo @ https://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/ (I am not sure if their servers are overloaded or vBulletin 5 is extremely slow)
    Well, vB-5 sure isn't getting much love on their forum...

Based on what I've seen so far, I certainly wouldn't be inclined to purchase a new license and replace vB-4 or even vB-3 with it. Hopefully - for the sake of vB - this is the beta for a product that still requires a lot of work until completion and full release. The design itself just doesn't seem worthy of a vB premium price-tag...

Dropped Vb after Vb 4 turned out to be a dud.

Vb's going down slowly like UBB.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

It looks like a VB4 Template to me. A lot slower than vb4 version.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    Dropped Vb after Vb 4 turned out to be a dud.

Vb's going down slowly like UBB.
    It seems VB is starting to lose it's appeal as an online social platform.. Just like Research In Motion (Blackberry) of the smartphone industry and Blockbuster of the movie/entertainment industry - Once you stop innovating and do very little to attract new business and/or encourage your current customer base to continue doing business with you, the end can come quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostingMogul View Post
    It seems VB is starting to lose it's appeal as an online social platform.. Just like Research In Motion (Blackberry) of the smartphone industry and Blockbuster of the movie/entertainment industry - Once you stop innovating and do very little to attract new business and/or encourage your current customer base to continue doing business with you, the end can come quickly.
    Yeah, well, the era of online forum is slowly being phased out although forum is still a very important part of any busy site, it's not as important as before.

Quite frankly tho, the moment Vb was sold, it was done for.

IPB is better overall now since they are trying to move on. IPB suite has its own problems but less evident than Vb's problems.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

Yeah, well, the era of online forum is slowly being phased out although forum is still a very important part of any busy site, it's not as important as before.

Quite frankly tho, the moment Vb was sold, it was done for.

IPB is better overall now since they are trying to move on. IPB suite has its own problems but less evident than Vb's problems.
    I never cared much for Invision back in the day, but based on visuals of the latest IP.Board, it simply looks like a more attractive version of vB-5. Interesting..

I never cared much for Invision back in the day, but based on visuals of the latest IP.Board, it simply looks like a more attractive version of vB-5. Interesting..
    IPB 2 sucked. But everything changed with IPB 3 where they introduced IP.C (CMS module for IPB), IP.G (Gallery module), IP.B (Blog), IP.Chat (hosted solution), IP.Nexus (E-commerce, shopping cart/ review system depending on how you want to use it), IP.Downloads (Download manager).

Basically, everything a website needs they provide.

Compared to that, what has IB (Internet Brothers) has done so far? Trying to fix Vb4 and introducing dumbed down Vb5 connect and asking 249 USD for it. The demo they have up there is "beta 10" product which sounds like they are going to release candidate phase soon. Can you believe that?
    Last edited by alucasa; 09-13-2012 at 04:48 PM.

The facebook app they are advertising in the video does that me you can use your facebook login to access for forum's?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

The biggest issue with vB is that Jelsoft thumbed their noses at user requests. It actually managed to get worse after the IB buyout. The lawsuit by IB against Xenforo has also given them a black eye, and a merit badge in douchebaggery. It's nothing more than a vB smear campaign against Xenforo, an up-and-coming competitor (led by former vB devs) used by several large corporate projects.

vB5 is essentially a product nobody asked for.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

While looking to see exactly what this means for vB3, I came across this:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post1994776

Last edited today, No more license transfers?

Is it just me or is the demo really messy looking? D:
    Kyle C. - Sales & Marketing Director
    Managed VPS - tmzVPS.com - Florida, US/Los Angeles, US/United Kingdom Locations - INSTANT Setup - cPanel/WHM Included - Fully Managed & Unmanaged VPS's
    14 day money back guarantee | 5+ Years in Business | PaypalAlertPayGoogle Checkout2CheckOut★Liberty Reserve Accepted

It's terribly slow.. 1.52megs page resource? jesus.. it's a bare forum..

+ my attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vb5fail.jpg  
    I specialize in neck beards
    https://thatshirt.com

I love vBulletin...but this is just brutal.

$249....for VBulletin. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    $249....for VBulletin. Yikes.
    Edit:
    Nevermind, found that one out.
    209 for previous owners, 249 for non. Still not remotely enticed to order this thing.
    Last edited by whmcsguru; 09-14-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Wow -- If it wasn't September.. I would think this this is a april fools joke.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Registered yesterday to the test forum. I encountered many bugs, slowness and it just seemed like a totally incomplete product, almost like pre-alpha stage. It's not encouraging, but I for one, like the design.

Compared to that, what has IB (Internet Brothers) has done so far? Trying to fix Vb4 and introducing dumbed down Vb5 connect and asking 249 USD for it. The demo they have up there is "beta 10" product which sounds like they are going to release candidate phase soon. Can you believe that?
    The "price-tag not properly fitting the product" doesn't even begin to describe it. I was very disappointed with vB4.. still, I wouldn't upgrade to this vB5 (based on what I've seen to date) if it were offered for free. I was thinking vB4 would be akin to Windows Vista - unpopular and quickly phased into the next version. But it seems the next version may do very little to renew excitement in vB.

The "price-tag not properly fitting the product" doesn't even begin to describe it. I was very disappointed with vB4.. still, I wouldn't upgrade to this vB5 (based on what I've seen to date) if it were offered for free. I was thinking vB4 would be akin to Windows Vista - unpopular and quickly phased into the next version. But it seems the next version may do very little to renew excitement in vB.
    Seems like they're going down the road Myspace did, they're fixing things that aren't broken. Many users said how much they loved vB3, so the vB5 release should have changed things to fit what users wanted. But they chose not to do that and to rebuild a crappy product and stick a huge price tag on it.
    Kyle C. - Sales & Marketing Director
    Managed VPS - tmzVPS.com - Florida, US/Los Angeles, US/United Kingdom Locations - INSTANT Setup - cPanel/WHM Included - Fully Managed & Unmanaged VPS's
    14 day money back guarantee | 5+ Years in Business | PaypalAlertPayGoogle Checkout2CheckOut★Liberty Reserve Accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Noticed View Post
    Seems like they're going down the road Myspace did, they're fixing things that aren't broken. Many users said how much they loved vB3, so the vB5 release should have changed things to fit what users wanted. But they chose not to do that and to rebuild a crappy product and stick a huge price tag on it.
    I guess I'm in line with the average long-time vB user. I loved version 3.8 and dreaded all the various upgrades to 4. I saw quite a few forums with solid history make the upgrade to the suite, and it altered the design and navigation in ways that proved to be very frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast