Exclamation Penguin Websoft? Real Web Designer or Not?

example of a ripper...
    I asked for a professional template that has j query but kind of like a site I seen and they offer me $120 for a custom template and he emailed me this http://penguinwebsoft.com/host/html/ which is the same as http://firsthosting.us/

I don't understand why not just do custom work instead of ripping people off and say its custom but show me work after I said I wanted something different and this is what you can design http://i52.tinypic.com/qywz0j.png This looks like kids work. Then I ask for my money back from receiving the not close to half job they refused to send me my money back...

Trust me I will remember this mistake though from Penguin Websoft
    www.penguinwebsoft.com
    info@penguinwebsoft.com,
    penguinwebsoft@gmail.com,
    amlan_2005@sify.com,

Whilst I dont agree with what penguin websoft may or may not have done... Theres something to be said about a full custom design for $120... You really do get what you pay for...
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Hmm Penguin Web Soft was quick to remove that link.

I do believe the design is a theme forest website.

Also there own website isnt even valid XHTML!

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

It wouldn't be the first time he has done this either.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...bsoft+template
    Last edited by Matthew_B; 02-09-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeks-Hosting View Post
    That's pretty horrendous. These guys really have no design skills whatsoever. I recall these guys spamming the design requests forum a while ago, probably still are. After looking at their website, what made you think they're actually capable of producing any quality work?

While $120 is on the super low side, I have seen individuals who can produce semi-high quality work within that price range. I wouldn't pay $5 from what I've seen from these guys.

Sorry, cant edit now so adding some more, mods feel free to add this to the post above:

Plus with his frequent WHT rule breaking:

You must make five (5) posts before allowed by the system to include an active hyperlinked URL or other vB code features in your posts. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.

You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by WebHostingTalk. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
    If you paid via Paypal there is a small chance you may get your money back. However this is very small.

Hope that you have a better experience with your next designer.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    That's pretty horrendous. These guys really have no design skills whatsoever.
    Everyone has to start somewhere We were all at that level once!
    Sam Asante ~ Web & User Interface Designer ~ SamAsante.com
    World-Class cPanel Themes
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

Quote Originally Posted by Sam [Vissol] View Post
    True but I wouldn't expect that quality of work when they are a self claimed:

Quote Originally Posted by penguinwebsoft View Post

leading website company based in India.We can do the work for you.I cannot PM you here.

We have well experienced professionals in many Web platforms such as Flash design,flyer design, PHP,ASP.Net, Vb.net,C#.net,menu Flash , HTML , CSS, Photoshop, Web designs , Java scripts, AJAX, Portal developments MY SQL, MS SQL ,MSACCESS etc. We are also in Joomla,Wordpress,Drupal and Magento technologies.

Email me back with details.I will get back to you with our portfolio.

---------------[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks,
    Penguin Websoft

Quote Originally Posted by Sam [Vissol] View Post
    True, but when I was at that level, I was looking for pro-bono work, gigs for friends, or personal projects - anything to build my portfolio and my skill level. Somehow, I don't think these guys are just starting out, but have been doing this for quite some time.

At the end of the day, I definitely did not boast about my abilities and offer/look to get paid for my services, let alone actually starting a "business" out of it. Getting paid was a bonus back then.

Furthermore, it seems these guys (or single guy) simply isn't willing to progress and further their skill level. They're just content producing the same garbage for paying clients.

Yeah but when I asked for my money back he said he had to pay his designers but yet I haven't see nothing custom that he or his "designer" have done custom besides that banner lol which looked like something my kid could have made... I mean look at this http://i52.tinypic.com/qywz0j.png

He can have the money I just wanted to put the word out about him so others wouldn't fall for his lies hes probably a kid too

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    True, but when I was at that level, I was looking for pro-bono work, gigs for friends, or personal projects - anything to build my portfolio and my skill level. Somehow, I don't think these guys are just starting out, but have been doing this for quite some time.

At the end of the day, I definitely did not boast about my abilities and offer/look to get paid for my services, let alone actually starting a "business" out of it. Getting paid was a bonus back then.

Furthermore, it seems these guys (or single guy) simply isn't willing to progress and further their skill level. They're just content producing the same garbage for paying clients.
    Thing is he show me a portfolio it had nice work but then again it could have been fake too

even google or youtube are wc3 lol