Unhappy Streamline.net Renewal

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this before I even ask it... But I guess it is worth a shot.

Basically my renewal was on the 6th May, I was on holiday and when I got back found that it had gone out of my account. I was planning to cancel and now that it has renewed is there anything I can do to get any part of my money back.

I am guessing I am pretty screwed, I have been informed that the T&C's state that I am not entitled to a refund for any part of unused months, so I am basically left with no choice but to suck it for another 2 years even though 95% of my hosting time is unused at this point.

Not a very nice way to treat your customers, but from recent research I now understand that streamline.net are a pretty terrible company who are just interested in your money and not treating you fairly.

Not the company's fault really.

To be honest, if you were planning to cancel, you should have known the renewal date and how many days you need to cancel prior the billing date from ToS.

I don't see how the company is "not treating you fairly".

P.S. "I was on a holiday (or vacation)" excuse is so common around here that I find that excuse rather hard to believe :p
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

I never understand this. What's the point in forcing an unhappy customer to stay with you. They are just going to bad mouth you to everyone they can.
    Quality, reliable Web hosting, Virtual server, and Enterprise cloud hosting with UK support. All of our VPS servers are instantly provisioned, come with console access and are now on SSD hosts.

http://www.webhosts-uk.com
    We host the web.

they probably have this kind of nickel dime in writing, so you are screwed if the company is that kind of one.

whether it is bank of america or a small host company, the landscape is full of those will will nickel and dime you.

they are wrong, but if in writing they are legally right..so yea...big or little, most companies are like that.

problem is we can never attack the big ones and expect it but the little company we go crazy to attack since we can affect them...
    should be the other way around.

move to a new company and eat the loss.

I would agree.
    Quality, reliable Web hosting, Virtual server, and Enterprise cloud hosting with UK support. All of our VPS servers are instantly provisioned, come with console access and are now on SSD hosts.

http://www.webhosts-uk.com
    We host the web.