What kind of programming language do you prefer?

Just a little topic to see where all the programmers stand around the forum. I personally prefer HTML, CSS, PHP and C#.

What kind of languages do you like?

HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, Bash

HTML/CSS.. I rarely work with it but I enjoy it when I do.
    Other than that I work with Python, PHP and bash scripting in general either for automation or development of stuffs I need
    I try to avoid Javascript
    Hosting4Real - European (NL/FR) High Performance Web Hosting

So, I hate to be a stickler, but you guys know that HTML and CSS technically aren't programming languages, right? There is no logic.

Back on topic, I prefer PHP and PERL. ASP or Cold Fusion, if I have to. I've done them all in my day. From X86 assembler to Cobol, Fortran, Unibasic, C, C++. Once you know one, you can easily transition to another.

If you know C, you can do Perl and Javascript. If you know Perl you can do PHP.

I teach a class a few times per year on programming

@macbolin - oh if you teach a class, please share with us you ideas about how to start learning programming? Any good tutorials or books can you adviced?

Quote Originally Posted by fabiafr View Post
    @macbolin - oh if you teach a class, please share with us you ideas about how to start learning programming? Any good tutorials or books can you adviced?
    I teach a class to high school students. lol.

I would suggest starting with PHP. It is a fairly easy language to learn and there are TONS of tutorials online.

I prefer web programming languages like PHP, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript and along with are the HTML and CSS.

I also had a wide experience in programming using AS3 and also using a framework called Flex Framework.
    EmailHosting.com
    http://www.emailhosting.com

I fell in love with PHP about I'd say 8 years (ish) ago, it's truly amazing and everything I've learnt was out of pure passion and only to build my own projects.

Along side PHP I also dipped my toe into HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery and AJAX.
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Commonly used HTML, CSS, PHP and Javascript.

ASP, PHP, Java

C# is my favorite since I do it all day but I find Python a pleasure too.

i prefer c# and ASP and i am good in them,but i work with html css php as well and these days working with python,programming is sweet ,i belive with any language

PHP all the way :-)

With each new release, it's maturing a lot. It's easy to learn for its C resemblance, plus it's cheap (literally 0$) to start with. Programming wise with PHP, so far I could create whatever I wanted to achieve apart from the com port access thing which I tried ages ago but failed, I guess it's achievable now.

PHP is all i can do
    Enjoy life today, because yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is never promised.

ASP.NET & C# because two things ASP.NET able to used on huge projects like banks governments websites also c# now can make mobile apps
    so if you want to make turnover to mobile apps carrer its too easy

I personally prefer Java as I want to get into Android App Development but I'm currently learning HTML/CSS and trying to make a webpage for my company and it is pretty fun.

JS and PHP, maybe I 'll give Python more practice this year :p

Python, Pawn, and PHP
    and maybe a little JavaScript

C#, C++ and D (no puns intended, but puns enjoyed)

I like Perl and Ruby on Rails. With just a few commands you can get alot of work done.
    System Admin and Ruby On Rails Developer

I like php and java most.
    Really loved the community and love to share snapdeal coupons and fashionara coupons. Follow to get more about exciting world of hosting.

Java is quiet good if you want to learn object oriented programming. It's quiet similar to PHP in a lot of ways and is not that difficult to master if you put the effort in!

It's depend on the application that we are going to develop. For enterprise I would prefer Java while for web based application PHP/HTML is good.

I like PHP, ASP, Java Script, Python