Smile Polur. Net:: Excellent Customer Service

This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum regarding customer service. But I have to tell about the excellent service I received with Polur.Net. I recently put in a request regarding running a 3rd party script to support. I expected a response with complicated instructions but instead the Polur Team went beyond my expectations by running the script for me and even correcting my own errors which ensured that everything worked great.

Thanks for the heads up.

Most likely the mods will want to know what domain(s) you host with them.

Feel free to pm one of them.

Welcome to WHT....Land of the free..Home of the brave.

OWM
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Thanks for the Updates mate, Yeah feel free to post your Domain name
    Glad you love your new host, and the best of luck for the future mate

JW
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Feel free to pm one of them.
    Unless the process changed, just report your post and mention your domain name.

Does PolarNet still have that 2% CPU usage policy in the TOS?

Verified. Thanks!

Alex

Does PolarNet still have that 2% CPU usage policy in the TOS?
    Seems so:

Shared/reseller customers may not use more than 2% CPU daily, 2% memory daily, run more than 4 simultaneous processes per user, allow any process to run for longer than 15 CPU seconds, run any process that consumes more than 5% of available CPU at any time, or run any process that consumes more than 16 MB of memory. Databases are limited to 20 max user connections with a max query time of 5 seconds.
    http://www.polurnet.com/company/aup.php

2% CPU average usage at under $8 is not such a bad deal.

It's not a bad deal, it just doesn't account for any bursting, especially if an account can only consume 5% of the available CPU and 20 max user connections. It basically allows to host to do Bluehost-level account suspension or termination.

It basically allows to host to do Bluehost-level account suspension or termination.
    For a similar price, one can expect somewhat similar computing resources to be available to him/her. There are no absolute miracles in hosting.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrious View Post
    It's not a bad deal, it just doesn't account for any bursting, especially if an account can only consume 5% of the available CPU and 20 max user connections. It basically allows to host to do Bluehost-level account suspension or termination.
    Oh, we're certainly not a BlueHost type of service. Many times, we let users even use 50-100% CPU bursts, as it frequently occurs. We just have to protect ourselves by placing the 2% max rule to discourage resource abusers and those who think it's ok to host a 10,000-visitors-a-day site on a $3.89/month plan (it actually happened, some of you may remember an older WHT thread started by an angry individual who thought it was normal to crash Quad-core Dual Xeon servers, then got mad at us for suspending it!)

The main priority for us is to ensure long-term stability and performance, including keeping server load extremely low and allow faster access to cPanel. As long as users don't start crashing our servers repeatedly or send massive amounts of bulk email, we're very flexible

By the way, thanks Lakers24 for your kind review, it's a pleasure to serve you! Hope you continue to stay with us for several more years
    Last edited by PolurNET; 06-25-2008 at 12:12 PM.
    •• polur.net | Premium web hosting solutions you can trust since 2004••
    High performance NVMe SSD, CloudLinux & LiteSpeed hosting with Canadian datacentres