Paypal now available for Peru and other Latam countries

The hot news of the week in the peruvian Internet underworld
    is the fact that Paypal has just started to allow the registration of peruvian users.

However a peruvian Paypal user can only send money, buy can't request money from another Paypal account. Does it mean that another foreign user can't send him money?

Finally, it seems that it is possible to upgrade these personal
    accounts for free to Premier or Business accounts. Does it mean
    that a user could accept credit card payments? I have seen some Paypal staff here at the forums, hope they can help me with these questions.

the same with Indonesia, paypal can only send money which will charged directly from your credit card. you can't fund your paypal account.

you can't receive money so even you upgrade it to premier or business account, you can't accept credit card payment.

i suggest for now to not upgrade to premier or business as you will need to fax documents to paypal via fax. well if international faxing is not expensive in Peru then go ahead, but please note that for now, i think you will not get any advantage of upgrading.
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

It's the same for Vietnam few months ago. Only sending out, not receiving. But it really helps us. It's easier for us to buy stuff in the US, and ship them to datacenter. I hope we can receive money soon

Paypal is slowly expanding their business to other countries especially asia.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

yes, but Asia is becoming a hot business area, I believe Paypal will be faster to expand business in Asian countries

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    yes, but Asia is becoming a hot business area, I believe Paypal will be faster to expand business in Asian countries
    I'm sure their fraud team will have to expand as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJihad View Post
    I'm sure their fraud team will have to expand as well.
    Fraud is happening everywhere. Their business expanding, they will need more staff, no doubt!

Talking

Maybe we could work for Paypal

It is nice to see that PayPal is expanding to new countries, but it is frustrating to see that they aren't interested in expanding full services to all EU members. I live in Estonia and I have had this useless send only account for the past few years while I would really need to accept payments via PayPal, because everybody in countries where PayPal is fully supported want to pay via PayPal. I have tried to contact PayPal about this issue, but they just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by hanz View Post
    It is nice to see that PayPal is expanding to new countries, but it is frustrating to see that they aren't interested in expanding full services to all EU members. I live in Estonia and I have had this useless send only account for the past few years while I would really need to accept payments via PayPal, because everybody in countries where PayPal is fully supported want to pay via PayPal. I have tried to contact PayPal about this issue, but they just don't care
    At Paypal they really have a quite strange expansion policy - some of my relatives live in Eastern Europe and they constantly complain they don't have the chance to accept payments. It's still very weird to me - isn't it so that Paypal will have a much more lucrative business if they spread out all over Europe, Asia...? I can't see their point...Does anybody know where Paypal is "to go" soon?

Paypal now available for Peru and other Latam countries
    Great news - I hope Paypal will spread their services fast and worldwide - that would save me, personally, tons of troubles.

I'm looking forward to Paypal allowing direct online withdrawals to banks accounts in India instead of withdrawal by paper checks sent by Paypal by snailmail. Just hope that it will happen some day.