Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Religion is too confusing :: too many rules. Whose to say, what I can and cannot do

That's why I'm "spiritual but not religious"

I make my own rules

Edit: sometimes even on WHT
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Would you have to starve to death or would you be allowed to eat it?
    That is what I consider the beauty of my religion: it makes the exceptions very clear and ALLOWS for consumption of the otherwise-prohibited if it's the only way to survive.

Still, even if that day arrived and someone was to pay me a million dollars, I dont think I could still consume pig or alcohol. I've now developed almost a feeling of disgust at the thought of taking either of the two.

Telling ya man LessHost, must be very convenient . Pretty soon to adhere to some of religion's laws, I'm gonna have to go back to farm living where the milk comes from the cow, the meat from the goat and the eggs from the chicken - all from my backyard.

When my brother used to work on a dairy farm, they fed the cows brewery grain prior to (or after) milking. I didn't realise what it was until I did a tour of a brewery and found it was the waste products from the brewing process.

I can't remember to well but one of the reasons that I remember, [not sure if it's true] is that pigs, like chickens and other animals might eat dirty things. [ex: feces] The difference between the pigs and other animals are that pigs don't have the capability to sweat so it turns to meat. http://www.pighealth.com/

I'm not really sure if its true or not so correct me if I'm wrong.

oonth,
    While we don't share the same religious beliefs, I respect them. I'll confess myself as a 'non-religious carnivore', more than happy to "chow down" on most of God's creatures.

I've seen a few instances in this thread where people seem to be imposing upon you, and I'm just posting now in light of this to remind people that people are people, and theology differs from one person to the next.

'oonth' has so far been very accomodating to some fairly wild remarks, but I'd consider it fairly rude for some of you guys to take that as an opportunity to just fire off any half-brained comment you come up with.

On a personal note (being a lover of both pork and whiskey) you seem like a person I'd love to talk with, though I doubt it would ever be over dinner
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by Rajax
    . . . The difference between the pigs and other animals are that pigs don't have the capability to sweat so it turns to meat . . .
    Hmm... not sure but I know dog's don't sweat. That's why they always have their tounges out.

+ Pigs are famous:http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/A...amouspigs.html

Originally posted by akashik
    . . . 'oonth' has so far been very accomodating to some fairly wild remarks, but I'd consider it fairly rude for some of you guys to take that as an opportunity to just fire off any half-brained comment you come up with . . .
    I think oonth did a great job answering every question here. Actually I PM'd him earlier to learn more.

Anyways, I don't think the comments by others above were rude. It was just caught up in the fun
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

oonth,
    While we don't share the same religious beliefs, I respect them. I'll confess myself as a 'non-religious carnivore', more than happy to "chow down" on most of God's creatures.

I've seen a few instances in this thread where people seem to be imposing upon you, and I'm just posting now in light of this to remind people that people are people, and theology differs from one person to the next.

'oonth' has so far been very accomodating to some fairly wild remarks, but I'd consider it fairly rude for some of you guys to take that as an opportunity to just fire off any half-brained comment you come up with.

On a personal note (being a lover of both pork and whiskey) you seem like a person I'd love to talk with, though I doubt it would ever be over dinner
    I guess this is how society is running nowadays where its rude to ask a question and implying situations to the discussion. My intentions are not to impose my "ideas" on to others as i'm totally against it. What harm am I causing by asking questions? I am interested in seeing what a cleric would say about cows eating grain that contains achohol.
    Kerry Jones

Kerry, I love you And no, you have caused me no harm or offense at all.

LessHost, thank you for those words.

akashik, why not at dinner? Classical Indian food can make the biggest of you Bud fans get involved with the actual FOOD and forget the drink for a night.

I truly enjoy answering these questions and discussing stuff like this here - more than anything, it teaches ME more about my religion.

Happy Holidays to ya'll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12