Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Originally posted by jacker
    ant0

First of all, to answer your question directly.... .....While it may not be perfect, my "ungagged" personal opinion is that it is working out relatively smoothly. There is obviously some hitches with certain merchants, but so far everything has been able to be achieved with work-arounds.

For everyone reading here, I will again say thanks to all for your co-operation...

Cheers
    James
    Okay, thanks for the reply. FYI I'm a UK vendor, haven't received any formal notification of ANY changes in the works, haven't received any 'pack' in the postal mail, haven't had any messages via my online control panel.

I guess I'll wait and see how this pans out. I'm awaiting 'something' concrete to confirm that existing UK vendors will not have any new or increased fees as you noted earlier in the thread.I haven't closed my account as yet - my initial reaction was to close the account (as noted in a previous post), but I'm now willing to wait and see.... (but I do have a back 'waiting in the wings' ready to go live if need be).

For the record..... I agree that the reply by 'hostingplus' was way OTT.

I'll shut up now..... this thread is big enough already

jacker-- just see that the Settelment cycle is by default "weekly" I do not use weekly settlement but using the Minimum Settlement Value. Can stiil use this? adn can i change this on the application writing:Minimum Settlement Value?
    and what's the credit card statement identifier?

Thanks

heheh they never took the time to notify you a couple of months before they were really doing this. While I've seen these migration documents already on January the 6th. And I received them 2 weeks ago or so, send them back, and they don't have it received yet, and they need this before tomorrow, if they haven't received it, than they will just shut you down on the 15th of this month. Well let them, I had and did change the complete scripting for nothing, I will og to someone else, this is just not the way how you do business. I will never process another $€ through PaySystems.

--> Ow yeah the ssales guy did say before I got this Merchant Account that there were absolutely no monthly fees, now I checked again my contract and the monthly fee is NIL, but still I'm paying 50 USD per monrth, and he just says, sorry didn't know, yeah right.
    Last edited by dutchee; 07-01-2004 at 12:54 PM.

I normally try not to get too heated about things and I try not too rant to heavily nor too often if I can help it, but I'm just gonna have to say a few things about this.

From: myPaySystems announcement <migration@paysystems.com>
    To: gary@8-95.com
    Subject: myPaySystems July 1st Settlement Delay
    Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:45:00 -0400
    Dear myPaySystems Merchant,

The following is to notify you that we will be delaying your July 1st settlement.
    Notice the time, keeping in mind Paysystem's office hours are 9-5 EST I get this notification 45 minutes after they close.

We are now in the final phase of migrating to our new processing platform and unfortunately, you have missed the June 11th deadline for submitting all of the necessary documentation to convert your account.
    June 11th? That's nice, my first notification of ANY kind from Paysystems was some PDF documents I recieved on TUESDAY of THIS week, THIS WEEK so this June 11th deadline is gonna be just a WEE BIT HARD TO MEET considering I can't seem to locate my flux capacitor.

Although we value your business, Visa/Mastercard association regulations require that we have the appropriate merchant documentation on file in order to allow you to process transactions through the new platform.
    That's all well and good but the money you're not releasing to me TODAY was processed BEFORE this changeover occurred so is there any rational explanation for holding it? I'd sure be interested in hearing it.

From the very first hint this was coming I knew without a shadow of a doubt this would be a cluster****, I knew to the marrow of my bones they'd screw the pooch and sometimes it really SUCKS to be right.

I am returning the silly documents so they'll send me the money they've already charged MY customers for, I have no real desire to use this new system mainly because I'm just pissed off about this crap and would prefer to cut my ties alltogether, my billing staff is in the process of converting my paysystems customers over to our merchant account but jesus fig that's a REAL pain in the butt people are really reluctant to RE-FILL OUT order forms for stuff they're already using (much like I WAS to fill out all this crap to CONTINUE using paysystems).

I'll refrain from too much gnashing of teeth and paysystems sucks comments I'm sure everyone is capable of drawing their own conclusions.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Jacker, if you're still subscribed to this thread... I would listen to Gary and place heavy weight to his comments.

He is a respected member of this community, and his experience with this "migration" and paysystems is going to have a lot of impact.

Gary, best of luck to you!

Originally posted by mrzippy
    Jacker, if you're still subscribed to this thread... I would listen to Gary and place heavy weight to his comments.

He is a respected member of this community, and his experience with this "migration" and paysystems is going to have a lot of impact.

Gary, best of luck to you!
    It's just a major pain to be notified on a FRIDAY 45 minutes after closing on a THREE DAY WEEKEND that a largish deposit is not happening.

It's also pretty silly to get forms on TUESDAY that had a deadline of "3 weeks ago".

End result is I'm just pissed off and put out at the whole process. They have ALL of this info on file for me from when I signed up the first time, every bit of it, why make me fill out another form just pull my file and send the original forms in as they are?

BAH ******** and bother is all it is. And anyone who knows me knows I get aggravated really easily if it's something I feel is a waste of time, and by god this damn sure is.
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    It's just a major pain to be notified on a FRIDAY 45 minutes after closing on a THREE DAY WEEKEND that a largish deposit is not happening.

It's also pretty silly to get forms on TUESDAY that had a deadline of "3 weeks ago"
    Well I sent my forms in a week ago and my docs were apparently incomplete. Unfortunately they just gave a bulleted list of things, half of which I need clarification on--including items listed on their form as "INTERNAL USE ONLY, PROCEED TO NEXT SECTION!"

And let's not forget that on July 5th processing will stop...so if you can't get a hold of them tomorrow via phone (cause everybody knows Randy Quansah won't respond to you via email--I've been waiting for days), then you're out of luck because the sales office is closed on the weekends.

So jacker or whoever...don't throw that "Every person I've talked to" crap, because quite honestly, you probably haven't talked to the people that are least satisfied with this over night shabby business switch! Maybe someone over there should take a statistics class so you can figure out what your customers REALLY think.

Yeah the only advice: I can give everyone don't go ever with PaySystems, ever!! And if you're already with PaySystems switch to another solution provider!!!!!

Gary, did your "packet" at least have the new "fee schedule"? It astounds me that they left that out of the original packets but yet you have to agree to the fees on that form (even though they didn't provide a copy of it) to move forward.

As it stands for everyone that signed the forms without a copy of the fee schedule, they can charge you whatever they want. By signing and returning the forms, you agreed to the terms set forth in the packet, including the fee schedule. Should it come down to a dispute, they now have your signature saying you agreed to the fees. And since you do not have proof of what the fees should be, it would be a little hard to prove your side.

The attitude paysystems has displayed in regards to the fee scheduling missing from the packets is of great alarm. They just don't care. The right thing to do would be to send it out to everyone who got the packets that did not have it. I am not sure if they have even started sending it which is why I asked Gary if his had it. If not, I would not sign it until they provide that. Of course then they will hold your money from you until you do return the forms....such as they are doing to Gary.

Not exactly fair is it?

What PACKET? I got a freaking email with a couple PDF's attached, that's ALL. No packet has been seen yet. Just a couple emails, one Tuesday and a couple yesterday.

It's pretty arrogant to think I can just drop what I'm doing and fill out all these forms and get them faxed, wait for replies and the inevitible "you left out" or "you filled out this wrong" replies, correct, re-fax, rigamarole just to CONTINUE being paid by my customers and to get deposits for charges ALREADY MADE to my customers.

I knew they were changing things but I guess I just assumed since they asked for everything but a sperm sample the FIRST TIME I sent them documents when I signed up originally that they'd just use what they had and "upgrade" (I use the term loosely, I haven't seen anything I'd call UPgrade yet) me without a need for lotsa crap. I was wrong it seems.
    resident grumpy redneck

of course if they close our account because they do not recive documention in time. I (and all other paysystems customers like me) have to close the account going elswhere... That is like a bummerang turning back to paysystems...

Mid way through this thread, I took the decision to close my PaySystems account and move my CC transactions elsewhere. I'm glad I did

btw.. i would be happy if "jacker" would replay on my last question.... I also have not recive any feee schedular so i dont' know what fees i going to accept.

now think about the following situation. They "freez" my account. I have monye on my account as customers payed my hosting service. I have 2 ways to do things:
    - close all hosting accounts because i have no payment for service and ask my customers to pay again to my new merchant account. Customer will ask a chargeback to paysystems and this will cost me $25 per chargeback.
    - goign to open a new merchan account and do not ask customers to pay again but pay the next quarter (or in whatever way he setup his payment). Thi means i gave free service to my customers and also loose my money i currently have with paysystems.

Not sure, but i don't think this is the way to do business...

Originally posted by ant0
    Mid way through this thread, I took the decision to close my PaySystems account and move my CC transactions elsewhere. I'm glad I did
    For some of us that isn't an option in the 20 days notice they gave us, which is probably the reason they gave us such short notice.

Well here it is 3PM (4PM EST which is Paysys time) and I've not gotten any emails, phone calls, or nothing today, I called earlier and left a message with the contact I was given in my emails, and I also emailed a few times.

Guess I won't be seeing my money for a while, images of hostcharge keep coming to my mind.
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by ant0
    Well I started using a merchant account months ago but I have(had) 1100 or so customers on Paysystems that I didn't WANT to bother moving or messing with, but I guess that's not my choice anymore to make, I have to get my money I can't just have people arbitrarily decide they're going to hold on to my money until I fill out MORE forms.

I'm REALLY tempted to have my lawyer look into this because they're holding my money until I fill out these new papers, what if I don't WANT to fill these damn papers out and just take my money and my processing elsewhere? Huh?
    resident grumpy redneck

My understanding from Jacker's posts was that if you choose NOT to fill out the forms and "migrate" to the "new" system then nothing would happen.

Also, if you close your paysystems account, then wouldn't they be forced to pay you what is in your account? Seems perfect for a lawsuit if they choose to steal your money simply because you've closed your account... (or don't fill out some form.)

After all, THEY are the one's change the system from what you previously agreed to. They are bound by the contract you previously signed just as much as you are.

Originally posted by mrzippy
    My understanding from Jacker's posts was that if you choose NOT to fill out the forms and "migrate" to the "new" system then nothing would happen.
    Yes, nothing would happen...as in...they will quit processing your customer's credit cards. That's what will happen. According to the MCC and emails they sent Thursday night (after they were closed), they will quit processing cards for accounts that haven't migrated on July 5th. So if you're like me, sitting on hold waiting for them to answer, you have 22 minutes before your processing will stop, because conveniently their sales office doesn't know how to, or doesn't bother to, answer emails, and they don't work weekends, so the next 22 minutes is all I have to get this missing info crap straightened out.

Sweet and professional, aren't they?

Actually, Paysystems runs on EST which means they closed 1 hour 45 minutes ago (roughly) you must be uhm, Pacific time? Or is that Mountain? regardless, they're long closed for today.

Of course I've been a little off myself, I thought YESTERDAY was friday hahaha hence my rant about the 3 day weekend when MOST people are taking monday off not today.

Edit: I meant to add either way people like you and I who haven't gotten that damned paperwork and the new account crap successfully setup and ready to roll are screwed until at least Tuesday (the 6th).
    resident grumpy redneck

Well my deposit looks to have been made this last Thursday on time at least and seems to include the last week's deposit as well.

Regardless, I've given strict instructions to my billing folks to intercept the invoices for any paysystems accounts coming due and get them into whoiscart and auth.net and cancel the paysystems billing, hate to waste the time but I'm not gonna be screwed with like this and just sit here and take it, and wait around with my thumb up my butt for the next time I'm asked to bend over and grab my ankles.
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    .... the next time I'm asked to bend over and grab my ankles.
    You'll be able to touch the floor soon!

Be sure to make noise, they had to listen last time WHT spoke out.

Originally posted by creative7
    Be sure to make noise, they had to listen last time WHT spoke out.
    I really don't like making public posts of that nature but sometimes it just happens, I prefer to settle things and handle things one on one without involving the community at large.
    resident grumpy redneck

I have been a merchant with PS for a year now and I am finally determined to switch to someone else. I cannot say enough bad things about PS. I don't get the impression that they are evil, like PayPal has a reputation for being, but they are certainly the most incompetent, most inept bunch of amateurs who ever asked you to entrust your money to. I think this is why they will never explain anything to you: they don't want you to realize that they don't know what they're doing.

This migration is a perfect example. They never made it clear that they were getting out of the 3rd-party business and setting their clients up with some sort of merchant account of their own. They just tried to gloss over it as "improvements". Consequently, I had no idea what to expect.

The very first thing PS did under this new system was debit my bank account $25 for an unauthorized and unwarranted "monthly fee", even though they had promised that fees would remain the same. Previously, PS had regularly deposited funds into my bank, but they never debited it. Imagine my surprise when I discovered someone was withdrawing money from my bank account! I had to call PS to find out who it was! I got the impression that even they hadn't expected it.

It would take too long to describe in detail my grounds for dissatisfaction with PS. Suffice it to say that I'm taking my business elsewhere. Anyone got any suggestions?

Originally posted by Spridel
    I don't get the impression that they are evil, like PayPal has a reputation for being
    I have no complaints about Paypal of any sort. None whatsoever. I've used Paypal since they were pretty new and I've never had any real issue with them and none that I'd come to a forum to complain about (that I can remember).
    resident grumpy redneck

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast