Server w/free customizable shopping cart?

Hi,

I'm putting up a new site and am looking for a good server that offers a free shopping cart, preferably where I can hack the CSS and customize the look... or something that just has various options in the look. It's a very small site with a very small store. This is my first time with this.
    I'm not familiar with PHP or MySQl so I don't want to mess with either.

Thanks!

You just need to decide what shopping cart you want to use. There are a lot of providers who offer one-click installers like Softaculous (recommended), Installatron, and Fantastico and each of them offer some shopping carts. I believe Softaculous has the largest selection of e-commerce carts available.

Take a look for yourself:
    http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/ecommerce
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I don't quite understand what a provider like Softaculous is... I'm looking for a hosting company who also offers the cart. One package.

Any thoughts about Siteground or Bluehost?

Softaculous is not a provider, it's a system that providers offer to their customers to allow you to install software (such as a free shopping cart) in a single simple step... Let me break it down for you:

You can find any provider who offers Softaculous (as a part of their hosting package) and then you can install any of the software found in the demo I linked you above, instantly, and free. Installatron and Fantastico are similar to Softaculous but they don't offer as much software and/or can be more complicated to use.

If this is too much for you to grasp at this point, you may want to do some research before trying to make a go of this or find somebody experienced at this sort of thing to help you.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCm View Post
    I don't quite understand what a provider like Softaculous is... I'm looking for a hosting company who also offers the cart. One package.

Any thoughts about Siteground or Bluehost?
    Softaculous is an application that would allow you to instantly install a web shopping cart on the go, with no tech skills required

Some other auto-install programs that web host's offer are Installatron & Fantastico. I would look into your other options before choosing the first unlimited or cheap host you find
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Yes, I agree with everyone.
    With a low cost approx. $2.50, you can buy Softaculous License for your VPS or Dedicated Server.

Just click, and the script will run automaticly for you

a good server that offers a free shopping cart
    What does it mean?
    Do you want to create a website where you want to put shopping cart?
    Is it a e-commerce website or you need a separate cart?

I have a site so i don't want to create a new one.
    I will be selling art prints on it... maybe 18 different items total. So I guess that would mean it is an e-commerce site. I'm not sure what you meant by a "separate cart..."

Mainly, I'm just wanting a recommendation for a server who offers a free shopping cart that I can customize to match the look of my existing site.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingFuze View Post
    I would look into your other options before choosing the first unlimited or cheap host you find
    Right, that's why I'm asking around. Thanks for the tips.

Mainly, I'm just wanting a recommendation for a server who offers a free shopping cart that I can customize to match the look of my existing site.
    So it means you can take care of integrating the shopping cart with your code? It would have been good had you started with an e-commerce package like oscommerce. It gives you everything.
    BTW, what is your website URL?