Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    maybe nocsoft will be better.

it is late though. they orignaly e-mailed me saying it would be out in aug.

ensim has a nice interface but is horrible to install and we have had some other issues with it.

plesk is solid but it does need some additional features to it.

i am starting more and more to like webmin but that is not good for customers...
    Multiple Image Corporation - http://www.multipleimage.com
    Diverse Solutions for Diverse Companies.
    Virtual, Dedicated & Colocated Hosting.

Also Plesk just released, there are so many things coming out for it in the near future. I see plesk taking solid market share.
    Well i can completely subscribe your point of view, that's why we've choosen Psa for every colocation. These guys are full of good will.
    --

Smile

Some other things, i want them to fix are:
    The >LogOut button< If my computer crashes and i'm logged in Plesk.. bham! i can no longer log back in. I have to login via shell and edit the plesk admin. access ,mysql tables.

The DNS off/on button does not work and a bunch of other things..

elijah

This link might help you

http://forum.plesk.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=30

bye
    --

Originally posted by elijah
    Some other things, i want them to fix are:
    The >LogOut button< If my computer crashes and i'm logged in Plesk.. bham! i can no longer log back in. I have to login via shell and edit the plesk admin. access ,mysql tables.

The DNS off/on button does not work and a bunch of other things..
    That is not good. I have never experince that though.

Smile

Thanks Globe. I will check out the Plesk forum. We just upgraded some of our servers from 1.3 to v2.0. We were suppose to ditch our plesk v1.3 but the good folks at Plesk called us via phone and upgraded our plesk to v2

Multipleimage, it happenned a few hours ago like 4X , i was re-creating some accounts in Plesk and for some reason my puter crapped out on me and when i logged back in, i can no longer login plesk... so i edited the mysql tables and removed my login name in there.

Yeah that is one of the main things they have been asked to ghange in default settings, well you could also set that locking time very low by entering your SESSION server menu. Set them to 1 minute.

bye
    --

Smile

ok, ours is set to 15 minutes and all is fine if i properly logout Plesk but if i don't use the logout button and Log back in , i can no longer get in, if i don't edit the session tables via shell.

thanks

NOCSoft is going to surprise alot of people once it is released.
    We are adding a ton of new features, and doing heavy bug testing.
    NOCSoft is going to be a webhosting company's ideal software, from setup to accounting, from billing to fake order checking....one nifty little package.

We may be delaying the release for a little longer, in order to release a far superior product than CPanel, as well as to train proper support staff for the software....but it will be well worth everyone's wait.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Originally posted by BurstNET
    NOCSoft is going to surprise alot of people once it is released.
    We are adding a ton of new features, and doing heavy bug testing.
    NOCSoft is going to be a webhosting company's ideal software, from setup to accounting, from billing to fake order checking....one nifty little package.

We may be delaying the release for a little longer, in order to release a far superior product than CPanel, as well as to train proper support staff for the software....but it will be well worth everyone's wait.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    I heard you will be changing the license agreements with nocsoft. Will it still be monthly or going to one time fee's? Are you not sure exacly what it will be?

I may be switching from plesk to cpanel or running them both. Basically here are the main problems with plesk.

1. NO SHELL ACCESS
    This is F'ing bullsh$t and it's driving me nuts, people out there like to do things thru shell access. I mean it's easy to enable it but then you have a huge security problem with other people being able to view other people's files. I dont know WTF plesk was thinking but this is my main reason for thinking about changing.

2. Well 2.0 they fixed this kinda, but they still use weird ass locations for things.

3. 2.0 has alot of little bugs right now that are annoying and they dont seam to be releasing any fix's. They said they are going to release a patch in mid sept after the 2.0 upgrade is released.

4. this is not really that big of a deal but why would you pic IMP to be your webmail client. That thing is a POS, it's the worst looking, performing pos i've ever used.

There are other minor reasons but dam why cant sombody make a simple control panel thats not bugy and works.

I just thought I would add that suexec in plesk actually works as opposed to the cpanel implementation.
    Justin Bachus
    BlastHosting, LLC - Professional web hosting at a low price with
    PHP, MySQL, FreeBSD, and more!
    http://www.blasthosting.com

<< I heard you will be changing the license agreements with nocsoft. Will it still be monthly or going to one time fee's? Are you not sure exacly what it will be? >>

We know what it is going to be, but we are not releasing any info on this yet until a couple weeks before the release date.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Originally posted by BurstNET
    << I heard you will be changing the license agreements with nocsoft. Will it still be monthly or going to one time fee's? Are you not sure exacly what it will be? >>

We know what it is going to be, but we are not releasing any info on this yet until a couple weeks before the release date.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    DOH! that means nocsoft is more than a couple weeks away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12