Programming video chatroom

Hello All,

I am interested in getting a website built for an unsigned artist that I manage. I have an idea of what I want, but not quite sure if it’s possible. If it is possible, not sure how much it would cost to achieve it. Figured I would come on here and get some advice or possibly contract someone who is capable of doing it.

I want the site to be a basic site backed by some type of CMS…with artist news, tour dates, pictures..videos etc. Where it gets complicated…is that I want to incorporate a few other things into the site. I want her to be able to do live video chats with a chatroom. I want it to be pretty much like Ustream…but I don’t want to use Ustream. I would also like the users to login the chatroom using their facebook or Twitter credentials. I’m aware of the backend (server) resources it would take to pull this off…but I just don’t want to use Youtube to host her videos or Ustream to host her live chats.

Is this something that is feasible…or am I better off just utilizing the 3rd party services? Thanks in advance for anyone that replies. I’m looking to get this done within the next month or so.

I actually looked at something like this not too long ago, though in my case it was for telemedicine interviews.

You could probably use Red5 for the video chats, though I'm really not sure how well it would scale. A project that used Red5 this way and already has the video conferencing setup ready to go is called DimDim. You can actually download a working VMware image of their server for your own use, and it might give you a somewhere to start.
    Netmar Web Services - Reliable Web Hosting for 15 years
    Shared hosting, business hosting, domain name registration, and VMware virtual servers
    Specializing in Drupal hosting
    Call 866-363-8627 (toll-free) and ask about our Drupal accounts

Arrow

atl_libra wrote:
    I want her to be able to do live video chats with a chatroom.
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=186457
    wish it will help you, there are many chat softwares and 123 flash chat seems to be the best.
    Last edited by adhfu; 09-10-2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: change