Hybrid View

Complete Automation like hsphere?

Looking for feedback on hsphere and other products like it.

Thank you
    » ReliableServers.com
    » Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VPS
    » 973-849-0535

Hi Dilhole,

H-Sphere is a scalable multiserver web hosting solution. It has many advanced features and a sophisticated billing system to automate and improve your web hosting tasks. Also you can try Control Panels like Ensim, Plesk and Cpanel/WHM to automate and manage your web hosting tasks.

Regards,

Greetings:

We've been using H-Sphere for approximately 18 months now.

It is very stable.

The support team at Positive Software is extremely knowledgable, curteous, and prompt.

The forum community is filled with very nice people who share of their time and experience.

H-Sphere allows you to have servers located around the globe.

H-Sphere allows you to have RedHat Linux (Enterprise WS or ES or 7.3), FreeBSD, or Windows 200x servers (note Windows 200x servers only for Web hosting; the brain of the system must run on RedHat Linux or FreeBSD).

We've seen our overall costs of hosting go down while our quality and reliability went up thanks to H-Sphere.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Hmm. I've often considered HS quite buggy and problematic. But dynamicnet, a long time and respected WHT member, seems to be quite a proponent of Hsphere, promoting HS in many threads. Clearly, it must be a cp worth looking at. I will have to take another look...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I have never wanted to put all my eggs into one basket. Hence we developed our own automation to integrate with server level CPs. It is also sophisticated enough to cluster if we decide to do so later.

The point.... if you have time and money, program your own. I am just too afraid to grow a large company on someone else's backend or proprietary software. You never know what will happen.

I know that doesn't directly answer your question, but its an opinion none the less.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

Greetings Vito:

Thank you for your kind words... while not directly related, we are also one of your satisified customers <smile>.

We promote DemoDemo.com on our DynamicNet.net site, and we use your tutorials of H-Sphere with our customers to help with support.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Re: Complete Automation like hsphere?

Originally posted by Dilhole
    Looking for feedback on hsphere and other products like it.

Thank you
    I've heard of one called hostflow, the design is very nice, the organisation of it impressive... the execution? the jury is still out on the details. Only supports redhat 7.x last I checked. Similar structure to h-sphere, but possibly even more large-scale(recommended structure starts at around 5 servers if memory serves)

I would have to say so far H-Sphere is and has been more stable then CPanel, Ensim and MANY others. The only thing I think even close is Plesk.. CPanel is just a mess, we will not get in to that one..

We've been using HSPHERE for over two years now (two years and nine days to be exact) and it has proven to be very stable and provides and excellent end user experience.

I've tried everything else there is and HSPHERE is simply the best complete solution, especially for the price. Plesk 7 is awfully impressive as well but it isn't an end to end solution in and of itself.
    <!-- boo! -->

While HSPComplete is a great platform, it suffers greatly when compared to HSPHERE.

HSPComplete isn't a solution for shared hosting. Until you guys get full Plesk automation integrated into HSPComplete, I don't think it'll really be a contender for shared hosting.

The next problem is the price. To put it into perspective, you can get a decent start with HSPHERE for under $500.00.

I love my HSPComplete (going on two years now) but it just isn't desirable to create a virtual server for every web site.
    <!-- boo! -->

All of our servers are on Cpanel right now. After their latest forced update mayhem (had to redo 12 servers several times each) we are out of there.

I'm looking at H-Sphere because I want separate servers for mail, db and ns. I’m tired of losing every service when one thing goes down. I like the look of the Plesk7 and DirectAdmin but once again it looks like everything has to be on one server,
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

I recommend H-Sphere. In my experience it does the job well. It can have issues at times, but they are always resolved promptly.