Dealing with negative/inaccurate posts about your business

Forgive me if I put this in the wrong category...and mods please put this in the correct area if this is not the right place for it.

It has come to my attention by clients that there is not only a negative but a highly inaccurate post on a now former clients website. Now, don't get me wrong, I respect that everyone has their own opinions. But it has been bugging me a bit because the content is highly inaccurate on what happened, how it happened, and etc. The reason this post bugs me is because the [former] client is saying they are calling BS on the BurstNET fiasco - we all know that was a disaster and we really were affected greatly. Thankfully we got out of there before really severe damage occurred.

I just came to get the opinions of fellow companies and how they go about dealing with such things. Do you respond especially in order to show potential customers the truth or just ignore it? I'm not sure how to go about it because this is a first in over 6 years in business.

I would appreciate any feedback on the situation.

Moved > Running a Web Hosting Business .

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

If I were in your shoes I would definitely not ignore it, its possibly the worst thing you can do, especially as you see the information shared as "inaccurate". Maintaining a positive reputation for your brand is a hard task but very much needed, even more when it comes to online reputation. Remember that 1 negative review can ruin at least 20 positive ones so it needs to be handled with the appropriate care.

Further more, sharing your point of view would help the average visitor to see both sides of the coin and make up their own piece of mind. You will see countless threads in this forum when a user bashes their host. Often, the host can share additional information that undoubtedly proves that the poster's point of view is biased or subjective to say the least.

So do not be afraid to jump in and protect your good name, just make sure you do it in a respectful and argumentative manner.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by HostcrateCEO View Post
    Forgive me if I put this in the wrong category...and mods please put this in the correct area if this is not the right place for it.

It has come to my attention by clients that there is not only a negative but a highly inaccurate post on a now former clients website. Now, don't get me wrong, I respect that everyone has their own opinions. But it has been bugging me a bit because the content is highly inaccurate on what happened, how it happened, and etc. The reason this post bugs me is because the [former] client is saying they are calling BS on the BurstNET fiasco - we all know that was a disaster and we really were affected greatly. Thankfully we got out of there before really severe damage occurred.

I just came to get the opinions of fellow companies and how they go about dealing with such things. Do you respond especially in order to show potential customers the truth or just ignore it? I'm not sure how to go about it because this is a first in over 6 years in business.

I would appreciate any feedback on the situation.
    Where is this post? on WHT? Or on the former customer's blog or website?

If it is on a public forum like WHT, you should definitely respond to the post by sharing your side of the coin.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by Rado_Ch View Post
    If I were in your shoes I would definitely not ignore it, its possibly the worst thing you can do, especially as you see the information shared as "inaccurate". Maintaining a positive reputation for your brand is a hard task but very much needed, even more when it comes to online reputation. Remember that 1 negative review can ruin at least 20 positive ones so it needs to be handled with the appropriate care.

Further more, sharing your point of view would help the average visitor to see both sides of the coin and make up their own piece of mind. You will see countless threads in this forum when a user bashes their host. Often, the host can share additional information that undoubtedly proves that the poster's point of view is biased or subjective to say the least.

So do not be afraid to jump in and protect your good name, just make sure you do it in a respectful and argumentative manner.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    Where is this post? on WHT? Or on the former customer's blog or website?

If it is on a public forum like WHT, you should definitely respond to the post by sharing your side of the coin.
    It is on a former customer's website blog.

I think I will go ahead and clear things up in the most respectful way. Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
    Hostcrate.com - Shoutcast Streams & Web Hosting
    █ Custom Streams Available - Contact me - We're in Second Life Too!
    Real Quality - Real Support - Real Affordable since 2008!

While at it, you can also expect more questions, criticism, or worse bashing. Just answer as best as you can while ignoring those who still bash you.

Good luck.

Respond

The worst thing is not to respond to such.
    If you know the information is utterly inaccurate then you should deffiently respond and share why you think such is inaccurate.

if you know who it is (their company name, first and last name, address) then you can have your lawyer write them a letter, if it's really un-truthful and you can prove it then it may be a legal violation

i'm not a lawyer so always check with your lawyer first (disclaimer)