Another one with a strange PC prob!

Hi, normally i dont post for things like this, as I'm good with computers, but this one has me baffled.

I think I may know the cause, but cant be sure.

I built this machine about 4 weeks ago,

AMD64 3000+ Venice
    512mb Corsair
    Yadayada....

Now, before I started 'tweaking' it, it ran fine but then I had the urge to clock it, so off I went on my travels fiddling in the bios, and push it a tad too far(2,750mhz) and it said windows files had been corrupted. I thought oops, and was getting ready to re-install, but i dropped the clock to 2.6 and windows came back to life, only it takes 3-5 mins on the windows boot up logo before it load!

Any idea if replacing, or repairing windows would help, as getting all the SP's on and setting it up took ages!

Thanks, Philip
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

It's too late now, but you might want to consider getting something like Ghost. It's always best to make an image before you start messing around, then if there's an oops, it only takes a few minutes to repair the damage.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Yeah, I own a copy, and usually use it, but this was a new toy and I had to fiddle
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Grab your XP CD, download SP2, extract the files and burn it to CD. Then at a command prompt run "sfc /scannow" if it finds corrupted or missing windows files it will ask for the SP2 CD, put in the CD you burned and let it replace those files. If you are lucky your system will then run properly.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine